Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking:Large explosion at public event in Boston***Mod warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Joe Hart wrote: »
    I'm not getting into this. Unless you know have friends at the race then its a bit nasty to wish other people died instead of some people that post on an Irish forum.

WHERE DID I WISH OTHER PEOPLE DEAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

3 people are dead and lots injured. Would you prefer they weren't people from boards? Why?

I don't know who you're a re-reg of, but you're one of the worst posters this site has had in quite some time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Overheal wrote: »
    Not with media coverage and light security

Perhaps, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

keelanj69 wrote: »
    No ones wishing certain people died instead of others, you ****ing retard. Just that those that people might know are ok. If you had someone there would you hope they are ok? Or would it be a case of 'ah sure it had to be someone'?

People are injured and dead so its pointless hoping that everyone is ok. If I'm not going to hope everyone is ok I'm not going to start picking out certain groups that i hope are ok at the expense of others. Would I do it for friends and family? Yes but i would recognise that it is a selfish and illogical wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I just hope this is an isolated incident and not the beginning of some sort of 9-11-esque day of pre-planned attacks.

Apparently ball-bearings in the explosions which is clearly ruling out gas-explosions etc.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Footage showing Irish flag flying from the back of one of the fire tenders.

Why don't we have US flags flying from the back of ours?

Bigger Irish community in Boston than American community in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm hearing CNN reported pipe bombs, fox reported 3 deaths, and NBC have said the origin of the blasts was two backpacks on the sidewalk leaning against the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭ted1

John Mongo wrote: »
    Give over.

Two explosions have just gone off at a public event, a hotel is being evacuated.

There's nothing pointless about adopting a "Better safe than sorry" mentality, especially in a city which had a rather massive terrorist attack not so long ago.
    These happened in Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I don't know who you're a re-reg of, but you're one of the worst posters this site has had in quite some time.

Totally off topic, but I agree. Goes from forum to forum stirring ****e.

People are injured and dead so its pointless hoping that everyone is ok. If I'm not going to hope everyone is ok I'm not going to start picking out certain groups that i hope are ok at the expense of others. Would I do it for friends and family? Yes but i would recognise that it is a selfish and illogical wish.

You're just being stupidly pedantic here. Why bother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Another angle of the explosion, looks like it come from just outside the building.

Not graphic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Because there isn't a huge American community here that moved here and made lives foe themselves, it's known as an Irish city FFS...what ignorance!!!

ted1 wrote: »
    These happened in Boston.

You can't blame New York authorities for stepping up security though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

10 years ago yesterday that the leader of the Palestine Liberation Front was captured in Bagdad. some sort of revenge plot?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

This is horrifying.

Also the pedantic nonsence above is not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Enough. Please don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,843 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A serious question born of naivety?

Boston has been a major Irish expat population center ever since the 1840s famine era

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

kmart6 wrote: »
    Because there isn't a huge American community here that moved here and made lives foe themselves, it's known as an Irish city FFS...what ignorance!!!
    :confused:
    You'd think they'd have regulations about flying foreign flags on city vehicles.
    I'm fully aware of the irish connections across the centuries..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Totally off topic, but I agree. Goes from forum to forum stirring ****e.

Ya he's a complete troll and must lead a fairly pathetic existence if he feels the need to start arguments on threads like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

You can't blame New York authorities for stepping up security though.

of course, they need to take all necessary precautions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

You'd think they'd have regulations about flying foreign flags on city vehicles.

Clearly the most pressing issue at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭amacca

I'm not getting into this. Unless you know have friends at the race then its a bit nasty to wish other people died instead of some people that post on an Irish forum.

you're already in it.........I think its possible to hope that people you know/may know aren't affected by something like this without it meaning you wish all the other people harm in some specific way

it just means you are hoping people you know are the lucky ones, not that you wish any harm on others

eg: if my kid, family were on a boat that sank i would hope they were the lucky ones that got the lifeboats without it meaning I expressly wanted the others to die or for them to survive at the others expense - just that fate/luck etc was on their side

its not a nasty sentiment imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Did I hear one report say that ball bearings were found at the scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Fcuking hell there are more suspicious packages in the area...bomb squad have blown up one device already

http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_blog_Explosion_in_Copley_Square

This is just sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 81,843 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just............... No.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If these were in fact bombs then it is setting a new low for terrorism. We haven't had sporting events targeted before as far as I remember.
    Let's hope this is the first and last if confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

I'm not here to stir but I can't abide hypocrisy from people.

I'm a humanist and I don't distinguish between strangers.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/303996/news/world/bombs-kill-23-across-iraq-before-local-poll

How many of you cared or even knew about this yesterday? 23 dead, a day of absolute hell and carnage. But these were brown people and they are not like us.

Sorry to people if you personally knew someone at the Marathon but the rest of you sicken me.

Only seen the mod warning now...My last post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Reports of a 3rd explosion on CBS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just put on Sky News,shocking stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

THIRD EXPLOSION HEARD IN BOSTON

Controlled explosion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement