Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking:Large explosion at public event in Boston***Mod warning in OP**

Options
  • 15-04-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭

Boston marathon headquarters locked down after explosion reported near finish line: spokesman

No link yet

Photo near scene

NSFW
    https://twitter.com/theoriginalwak/status/323871871730864128/photo/1

Two powerful explosions detonated in quick succession right next to the Boston Marathon finsh line this afternoon.

MOD EDIT

The mod team is taking a zero tolerance stance on this. Be a dick and be banned for a considerable amount of time.
    Also please note that many images contained in this thread may be distressing.

Fair warning.

Please report posts.

Also, if you need information on contacting anyone over there, this post has the relevant information: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84166710&postcount=642

Admin Note:
    Please do not see snipping links of the actual victims as censorship, it is not. I am also appalled by the actions of whom ever carried out this atrocity.
    However, in respect to the victims and their loved ones I would ask you all to please refrain from posting these links.
    Boards thanks you for your support in this.
    Asia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

NSFW Pic:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BH6fwFvCUAA-PWb.jpg:large

I hope the injury toll isn't too big.

heres another one from twitter, looks big enough. Hope its not to serious

https://mobile.twitter.com/Boston_to_a_T/status/323871088532668416/photo/1

That photo doesn't look particularly bad but I'm reading there were 2 explosions, wouldn't think it likely that they were both accidental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

That photo doesn't look particularly bad but I'm reading there were 2 explosions, wouldn't think it likely that they were both accidental.

Is that not blood all over the floor :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

major bill wrote: »
    Is that not blood all over the floor :/

Ground! :pac: Yeah I was talking about the first pic on the thread where it's a bit smokey, the blood on the ground ain't reassuring at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, of course everyone automatically assumes it's North Korea. Wonderful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Is terrorism expected or is it too early to say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

live on sky now, looks bad.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, of course everyone automatically assumes it's North Korea. Wonderful.

Funny enough I'm looking at Twitter streams and a few different Facebook streams and not a single person mentioned either Korea. Actually no-one on this thread did until you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

:confused:

Why would NK be planting a bomb in Boston? :confused:

:confused:

Why would NK be planting a bomb in Boston? :confused:

I think the Majestic Donkey is trying to get in early with false flag claims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Would this be Boston, Co Clare ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I don't think that looks like bomb damage. If it is it's got to be very small, there is very little environmental damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

My brother in law's sister is running in it. I'm not religious but I'm praying that her and the other competitors/spectators are all ok.

Anyone who doesn't fancy seeing a lot of blood should avoid Sky News, helicopter shot with a fairly big bloody area on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

A few boardsies are over doing that Marathon.

Hope all are well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

A good few boardsies are over taking part in the Boston marathon. Let's hope they're OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Always one dumbass on twitter:
    LMFAO at those who got blown up,obviously didn't run fast enough
    :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Reports of people dead on Sky News.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Jeez sky news showing wounded being tended to. I'm sure if I was caught up in something horrific like that I wouldn't want it captured on camera for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I think the Majestic Donkey is trying to get in early with false flag claims.
    Yeah, I'd really post it in the way I did if I was claiming it was NK.

I've seen a good few people on Facebook and Twitter now asking questions like "Is it North Korea?" and so on...so no, it's not just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Aquagakka

grenache wrote: »
    My brother in law's sister is running in it. I'm not religious but I'm praying that her and the other competitors/spectators are all ok.

Best Wishes.

karma_ wrote: »
    I don't think that looks like bomb damage. If it is it's got to be very small, there is very little environmental damage.

Where/what are you looking at? Some of the pics don't look bad but the live cam posted above shows a pretty big area closed off and the helicopter shots on Sky show a decent amount of damage and quite a lot of blood.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Looks like a small localised area of debris

My first thought would be suicide bomber?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Jeez sky news showing wounded being tended to. I'm sure if I was caught up in something horrific like that I wouldn't want it captured on camera for all to see.
    Switch it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Sky News wouldn't be too worried about stuff like that. Tabloid rag news

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement