Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking:Large explosion at public event in Boston***Mod warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Joe Hart wrote: »
    3 people are dead and lots injured. Would you prefer they weren't people from boards? Why?

Because we're more likely to know them? I would've thought that was quite obvious? I know a couple of posters who were over at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

3 people are dead and lots injured. Would you prefer they weren't people from boards? Why?

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Travel Insurance should cover the bill if you ticked the right boxes. Even otherwise you'd get treatment anyway, all you'd have to do is leave the country and they'd never get their money.

Insurance never covers terrorist attacks. One of the clauses. Hoping its just a gas explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Because he might know some of the people? Seriously just **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Because we're more likely to know them? I would've thought that was quite obvious? I know a couple of posters who were over at it.

Exactly, its human nature.

Horrible news. Have a few friends in the year below me in college over in Boston at the moment. Frightening to think they could have been near that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I would be amazed if this was a gas/electrical explosion. To happen on this day, right on the finish line? Far too unlikely.

As for Al Queda etc, I would imagine they would go for something bigger. This sounds like an amateur job, someone with a grudge etc.

News channels are saying the area gets swept for bombs beforehand so its odd that this has happened, unless someone brought in a backpack full of explosives or something. Even if this hasn't been carried out by a terrorist group it will have the same effect

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Because despite the bickering and arguing that goes on here, we are a community and I'd like to think, humans that care about each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,843 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It seems like a very unconventional target for any terrorist.
    A mass assembly of lightly clothed civilians?

Really?

Take your pedantic nonsense elsewhere. Mail your supper leftovers to Ethiopia, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Shamozzle

Showing footage of the device going off on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The runner tracker is reported to still be working
    http://www.baa.org/individual.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

Chucken wrote: »
    Because despite the bickering and arguing that goes on here, we are a community and I'd like to think, humans that care about each other.

I'm not getting into this. Unless you know have friends at the race then its a bit nasty to wish other people died instead of some people that post on an Irish forum.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

If anyone is looking to check about any friends or family running in the marathon, finishing times were posted on http://www.baa.org/individual.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Overheal wrote: »
    A mass assembly of lightly clothed civilians?

Really?

I can think of many places where you'd have far bigger groups of civilians. I wouldn't imagine Boston is very high up most terrorist's target list in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

http://vine.co/v/bFdt5uwg6JZ

Moment of explosion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

That footage of the runner's legs just buckling as it goes off is quite upsetting. Heart attack I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

there were two explosions on opposite sides of the street, its got to be terrorism of some sort

shocking stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭emo72

I'm not getting into this. Unless you know have friends at the race then its a bit nasty to wish other people died instead of some people that post on an Irish forum.

jaysus, nobody is wishing anyone dead. you should go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What?? Thats not what he said at all. He just said he hoped people from boards was alright. Jesus christ man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Sky showing moment of explosion.
    Appears to have come from inside/or very clost to front of building

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, just ignore people sick enough to be trying to stir trouble and troll. Report the post and ignore the attention seeking.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That footage of the runner's legs just buckling as it goes off is quite upsetting. Heart attack I wonder?

More like shrapnel in the legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

No ones wishing certain people died instead of others, you ****ing retard. Just that those that people might know are ok. If you had someone there would you hope they are ok? Or would it be a case of 'ah sure it had to be someone'?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,843 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can think of many places where you'd have far bigger groups of civilians. I wouldn't imagine Boston is very high up most terrorist's target list in general.
    Not with media coverage and light security

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

rte news will be on at 9 . great service as rte news now repeats 6 one news lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That is absolutely not what he said. You just pop up all over boards looking to cause an argument. Why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Massive and pointless overreaction time!

Give over.

Two explosions have just gone off at a public event, a hotel is being evacuated.

There's nothing pointless about adopting a "Better safe than sorry" mentality, especially in a city which had a rather massive terrorist attack not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

hope the people off boards are ok

He didnt say that. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Somehow when I clicked on the CBS live stream of Marathon finish line a while ago it started streaming at around 2 hrs, still going now on around 2 hours 30 mins, so before the explosions happened, eerie...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Footage showing Irish flag flying from the back of one of the fire tenders.

Why don't we have US flags flying from the back of ours?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement