Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking:Large explosion at public event in Boston***Mod warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Such an anti-climax at the end, like a scared kid.

I reckon the older brother that was shot yesterday was trained abroad and was the brains/evil of the two of them. Wonder what would have happened if the young lad was shot yesterday, instead and the older one escaped ... there would have been more bodies I reckon.

Anyway, enjoy your peace Boston, have a beer on me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Dodd wrote: »
    If I was of the mind to set off a bomb in the US this whole thing would make me think I am more likely to get away with it.

They are to quick to slap themselves on the back for what came down to pure luck.

They got lucky twice and made they most out of those opportunities.

It's been less than 5 days. How much longer do you think they could've lasted had that 7/11 not been robbed? A day? Two days?

They had the most recognisable faces in America with thousands of cops hunting them down. They were going to get caught regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Good thing they got him today otherwise I would have felt bad about not studying to follow it all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

Sky already speculating on the connections with Chechen revolutionary struggle from Russia. Far too early to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

calnand wrote: »
    Good thing they got him today otherwise I would have felt bad about not studying to follow it all day.

Same here. And now it's too late to be up early to catch up. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Probably been mentioned loads of times but I only heard it now, FBI questioned one of the brother's a couple years ago, had nothing on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Jealous of the people in Watertown out at nealy 9.30pm with t-shirts on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

suspect has two gunshot wounds :cbs

Probably been mentioned loads of times but I only heard it now, FBI questioned one of the brother's a couple years ago, had nothing on him?

A "foreign government" asked them to investigate him in relation to a foreign terrorist organisation. They found nothing. He wasn't being investigated on criminal matters, just as a favour for a different country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I can't see him getting any less than the death penalty tbh.

There is no death penalty in Massachusetts unless they bring it back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

The brothers weren't even from Chechnya ffs. They are from Kyrgyzstan

lol says the man located in Pyongyang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Federal trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Now the lad has to take all the flack that his brother should have taken too. His brother actually gets away with it pretty nicely in comparison!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Xavi6 wrote: »
    CBS saying he has leg and neck wounds and is in a critical condition.

Hi.

On CNN they showed that the older brother killed yesterday was a fan with an Australian extremist preacher (Imam) and had posted videos of him.

Any news over there about it ?

The Federal Government could prosecute him (and they can sentence him to death).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

CNN now saying he wasn't read his rights, so they can beat the crap out of him to get info, but not use that in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I know but this will most likely be a federal case, if they charge him with causing death by explosion which carries the sentence of the death penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Seachmall wrote: »
    They got lucky twice and made they most out of those opportunities.

It's been less than 5 days. How much longer do you think they could've lasted had that 7/11 not been robbed? A day? Two days?

They had the most recognisable faces in America with thousands of cops hunting them down. They were going to get caught regardless.

Yes but terrorist can learn from this and have people that look more to fit in.

I think they could have easily got away if it was planed at all well.

It seems to me they did not plan to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

A "foreign government" asked them to investigate him in relation to a foreign terrorist organisation. They found nothing. He wasn't being investigated on criminal matters, just as a favour for a different country.

Ya,they just said it was Russia who asked the FBI to have a 'chat' with the older brother in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,318 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Put him in a cell with Ralph Harris at 19 he is still tempting

• Advertisement

Dodd wrote: »
    Yes but terrorist can learn from this and have people that look more to fit in.

I think they could have easily got away if it was planed at all well.

It seems to me they did not plan to leave.

Easier said then done.

Hell, even if you get out of the country you haven't necessarily gotten away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

is the cop from the simpsons?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Thank god that bastard is caught. Death would have been the easy way out for him!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

CNN now saying he wasn't read his rights, so they can beat the crap out of him to get info, but not use that in court.

He can be read his Miranda rights in the police vehicle or at the start of interrogation.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Cops can't control how and where suspects will show up, they can only control how they respond. And they responded swiftly and with force in both instances, and both instances resulted in the death or arrest of each suspect.

That's good police work.

Surely there will be questions about allowing him escape after the shootout.

I think it was on Sky that someone was raising the question of why there wasnt any helicopters involved during the car chase & shooting.

Even aside from that questions will be asked about the timing of the dropping of the "informal" curfew. Did they tell the public to go back about their business too soon?

Seems like they caught a massive break with the 7/11 robbery.

The fact that the FBI investigated him in 2011 is definitely going to cause issues for someone. How many individuals would there be in the Boston area who had been investigated by the FBI previously. You'd imagine it would be a relatively small number.

Overall I wouldnt be surprised once more of the facts become known that there is some sort of fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Death penalty by hacking his legs off with a spoon and letting him bleed out like a slaughtered goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thank god that bastard is caught. Death would have been the easy way out for him!

Thank God. what are you on about? what are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Press conference is telling us nothing of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kona wrote: »
    Death penalty by hacking his legs off with a spoon and letting him bleed out like a slaughtered goat.

Nice :rolleyes: ya fool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thank God. what are you on about? what are you on about?

What are you on about? What are you on about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement