Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking:Large explosion at public event in Boston***Mod warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

CNN now saying he wasn't read his rights, so they can beat the crap out of him to get info, but not use that in court.

He's supposedly in a bad way, I would say they are concentrating on keeping him alive so they can question him. Although some people are hoping that they don't read them so they can get info on any others, if there are any, involved.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its like they all want a cut of the media attention, each taking turns to speak like politicians! Irrelevant for each of them to speak when they are saying nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I would hate to be one of the other ~200 Chechen immigrants living in the Boston area right now.This fcuks it up for all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

kona wrote: »
    Death penalty by hacking his legs off with a spoon and letting him bleed out like a slaughtered goat.

You have just dropped to the level of the bombers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thank God. what are you on about? what are you on about?

What are you on about? Would you prefer a crazed bomber was still on the loose? Still capable of causing more tragedies?

I for one prefer that he's caught and in custody and I will thank god for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I bet the poor kid whose photo was punblished on the front of ny times can breath a sigh of relief. In Texas he'd e killed ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

What are you on about? Would you prefer a crazed bomber was still on the loose? Still capable of causing more tragedies?

I for one prefer that he's caught and in custody and I will thank god for that!

.. and for the bombings too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Sully wrote: »
    Its like they all want a cut of the media attention, each taking turns to speak like politicians! Irrelevant for each of them to speak when they are saying nothing new.

This is the bit where they judge the best Bawston accent

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

duinegorm wrote: »
    What are you on about? What are you on about?

That GOD EFFORT thing, like it's God's fault, if ya believe in that being

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

i thought that was a ploy, to try and get him to move.

oh he's not here lads, let's all leave and not come back at all...

I really can't see the authorities using this as a tactic.

What would have happened if he had killed again and it had come out that the cops had used this "ploy"?

I would have said that it was more to do with the number of cops who had completed 18 hour shifts.

There are definitely answers to be answered especially in 1) how close were the authorities to finding them without the 7/11 robbery 2) how he escaped the shootout and 3) the operation of the 20 block perimeter and the timing of its cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What are his injuries? Was he hit by a bullet? I presume the arresting officers also roughed him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Fart wrote: »
    .. and for the bombings too?

I know this id AH and all that but this is serious, you know well what I meant.

And for you and you alone I'll clarify- thank god he's caught, not for the bombings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Xavi6 wrote: »

Picture of the year there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

68Murph68 wrote: »
    I really can't see the authorities using this as a tactic.

What would have happened if he had killed again and it had come out that the cops had used this "ploy"?

I would have said that it was more to do with the number of cops who had completed 18 hour shifts.

There are definitely answers to be answered especially in 1) how close were the authorities to finding them without the 7/11 robbery 2) how he escaped the shootout and 3) the operation of the 20 block perimeter and the timing of its cancellation.

no, i was wrong, the owner of the house called it in. apparently he was just outside the perimeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I read earlier where a guy reckons that these lads could be only 1 cell of many.Just dont tell the Yanks or they will close the country down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Dodd wrote: »
    You have just dropped to the level of the bombers.

Yes, because wanting someone to suffer for being the cause of innocent people dying and gravely injured is the exact same as actually doing it yourself :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Xavi6 wrote: »

This is totally
    unnecessary

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

That GOD EFFORT thing, like it's God's fault, if ya believe in that being

http://imgflip.com/i/161ak

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

According to Sky, 3 people were arrested nearby in a place called New Bedford, questioned over the bombings. Is that them all nabbed now one wonders.

This is totally
    unnecessary

No it's not. The more the better. I didn't wait all day for nothing. :D

This is totally
    unnecessary

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I know this id AH and all that but this is serious, you know well what I meant.

And for you and you alone I'll clarify- thank god he's caught, not for the bombings!

It's nice to see that the police did a good job and were advised appropriately. ;)

gurramok wrote: »
    According to Sky, 3 people were arrested nearby in a place called New Bedford, questioned over the bombings. Is that them all nabbed now one wonders.

I think there was something being said about him living there at one point.

duinegorm wrote: »

if i could thank a post more than once, it would be this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Apparently after the curfew was lifted, the homeowner went outside and noticed some blood on or near the boat. He peaked inside and there was white hat guy. Went back to the house and called the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I reckon he won't survive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

O'bama about to make a statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Is he hand cuffed in that pic?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement