Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking:Large explosion at public event in Boston***Mod warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Fox news really pisses me off.

They are now on about the possibility of terror attacks coming from Chechnya, but they don't understand why as Russia is the oppressor, not America.

They're so fcuking simple minded. Instilling fear for nothing. If they were from anywhere else in the world, it would be the same bull crap. The fact that they're Muslims makes it all that juicier for them.

The brothers weren't even from Chechnya ffs. They are from Kyrgyzstan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

wait a sec, was the arresting officer wearing his hat?!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Zyzz wrote: »
    Force the terrorist to do an interview with Piers Morgan..thats worse than the death penalty..

Or Gerorge hook , hes over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Seachmall wrote: »
    If you order threads by responses it's the second.

Its wrong though.
    Mods have locked threads that reached 10000 like the olympics and household threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

it's april 20th. the anniversary of the end of the siege in abbeylara. what a difference in the outcome, patience does pay off.

And for Waco. April truly is the cruellest month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

wait a sec, was the arresting officer wearing his hat?!! :pac::pac:
    Nope, that's the case ruined now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Jesus christ..imagine looking out your window and noticing the door of your boat is slightly open with some blood/bloody clothes on view..

I would literally shart my pants. no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Well, it's been emotional.

Suspect taken alive, so we may now get answers.........eventually.

Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

My gmail just shat itself

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

There are some wonderful people here in Texas but sometimes they do their reputation no favours... as I was driving home from work someone on one of the radio stations when he'd been corrected on where the suspects came from: "I don't care what Stupidistan or Crapistan these guys are from" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Scylla wrote: »
    Its wrong though.
    Mods have locked threads that reached 10000 like the olympics and household threads.

There's a kid somewhere having fun. Why don't you go piss on their parade?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Zyzz wrote: »
    Jesus christ..imagine looking out your window and noticing the door of your boat is slightly open with some blood/bloody clothes on view..

I would literally shart my pants. no joke.

Thinly veiled "I have a boat" post.

There's a kid somewhere having fun. Why don't you go piss on their parade?

Why dont you get your facts right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

TBH, how much was police work and how much was luck? Maybe this is a topic for a different thread, but it seems like the cops got two big lucky breaks:

1. That they happened to be at a 7-11 at the time of an armed robbery, and
    2. That a local resident noticed blood on the boat after the police had already checked the area and were preparing to move out

I give frontline officers all the credit in the world for their hard work this week, but I think there will be a lot of debate about procedure in the next few days.

In quotes : I was only relaying what the police scanners were reporting. There are still a lot of questions over what happened over the last 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

hitler's birthday today too!

Scylla wrote: »
    Why dont you get your facts right?
    SAY THAT TO MY FACE! I DARE YOU!

Parade-pisser-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Suspects father must be pretty happy that he was captured alive. Suspect is probably relieved too. I think everyone wanted him captured alive actually.

Everyone's happy. Everyone but one pissed off boat owner on Franklin Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭bb12

also the anniversary of columbine today

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

TBH, how much was police work and how much was luck? Maybe this is a topic for a different thread, but it seems like the cops got two big lucky breaks:

2. That a local resident noticed blood on the boat after the police had already checked the area and were preparing to move out

I give frontline officers all the credit in the world for their hard work this week, but I think there will be a lot of debate about procedure in the next few days.

Its not the first time that has happened with prolific killers - Yorkshire ripper was caught because he wsa pulled over due to a dodgy number plate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Thinly veiled "I have a boat" post.

Don't think Ill be going near my boat any time soon..

SAY THAT TO MY FACE! I DARE YOU!

Parade-pisser-on.

Youre cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Fox reporting the guy's hat is in talks about a book deal.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Since Boston globe have dropped pay wall, worthwhile reading article and loads on interviews with friends and classmates of the younger brother. Doesn't paint the simple evil madman or radical at all.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/19/bombing-suspects-were-local-normal-immigrants/OBTQATfZa9UhMISGpgP3eN/story.html
    A picture has begun to emerge of 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev as an aggressive, possibly radicalized immigrant who may have ensnared his younger brother Dzhokhar — described almost universally as a smart and sweet kid — into an act of terror that killed three people and injured more than 170 at the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It's not my thread, but I suggest lock, Legendary this, start a new for reaction and debate.

Real questions need to be asked about the way the whole world just watched in interest as real people died, it glorified him and will encourage copy cats. But I don't think that debate should ruin this thread.

So

IBTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Soby wrote: »
    Or Gerorge hook , hes over there

"Now wait a while... "

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sometimes it's about luck though and the best planning and preparation means nothing, just be glad it was the police that had it this time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

TS Eliot truly was prescient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I did nazi that coming.

• Advertisement

Cops can't control how and where suspects will show up, they can only control how they respond. And they responded swiftly and with force in both instances, and both instances resulted in the death or arrest of each suspect.

That's good police work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement