Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makes you proud. Good aul honest Irish Politics.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

I am a fourth year economics and finance student who has had a job since I was 17, and I vote sinn fein. I've grown up with the absolute corruption of other political parties and as a young man I am sick of the people being treated the way they are So please keep your ignorant sweeping generalisations to yourself and continue to vote FG/FF who have absolutely destroyed this country and its inhabitants through sheer and utter negligence.

Ive never voted ff/fg funnily enough. Bit ironic an economic student voting sinn fein. My 4 year old niece could come up with better policies. Suppose they dont teach common sense in school.

Ps as for treating people better, pity some of their members they have no thought of the innocent victims of the ira. But we're not allowed talk about that cause its the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Czarcasm wrote: »

Not even at the last general election when they packed a load of foreign nationals into minibuses and carted them to the polling stations did it have any effect on the outcome.

Do please explain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I am a fourth year economics and finance student who has had a job since I was 17, and I vote sinn fein. I've grown up with the absolute corruption of other political parties and as a young man I am sick of the people being treated the way they are So please keep your ignorant sweeping generalisations to yourself and continue to vote FG/FF who have absolutely destroyed this country and its inhabitants through sheer and utter negligence.

This is a good example of what I was saying previously. There are simply no alternatives in Ireland. It is a rock or a hard place.

Younger people (without being condescending) cannot remember the daily news bulletins of the murder, violence and criminality perpetrated in the name of Republicanism in NI. SF are more and more becoming part of the accepted political establishment. Sure those who do a bit of reading and research will soon uncover the truth but most do not really bother. SF are an attractive party to support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Ive never voted ff/fg funnily enough. Bit ironic an economic student voting sinn fein. My 4 year old niece could come up with better policies. Suppose they dont teach common sense in school.

Not ironic at all really, I've learned enough in school not to vote for any of the other opposition. It's quite clear who the uneducated one is I'm afraid.

Not ironic at all really, I've learned enough in school not to vote for any of the other opposition. It's quite clear who the uneducated one is I'm afraid.

Please explain. Thank you

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    This is a good example of what I was saying previously. There are simply no alternatives in Ireland. It is a rock or a hard place.

Younger people (without being condescending) cannot remember the daily news bulletins of the murder, violence and criminality perpetrated in the name of Republicanism in NI. SF are more and more becoming part of the accepted political establishment. Sure those who do a bit of reading and research will soon uncover the truth but most do not really bother. SF are an attractive party to support.

True enough. I read plenty and know what SF's past consists of, however I also read enough to what FF/FG's past also consists of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Nodin wrote: »
    Do please explain.
    even when it was the provos I knew it was really the damn blacks and foreigners

Please explain. Thank you

If you need explanation or clarification on my post, then I'm afraid that proves me right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

There's always one. Would you mind if I asked of you when were Sinn Féin ever NOT corrupt, and do you think if they ever got into EVEN coalition government, that they would remain, erm, well, just for the sake of argument lets say they are uncorrupted. Do you think given the increased power and influence that they would remain incorruptible?

I think you'd be better off doing something better with that economics degree than stay in Ireland in the unlikely event that Sinn Féin ever got into power. I hear they're looking for people with Irish passports in Colombia, now there's a country you could put your lack of economics and finance experience to good use.

At least they'd appreciate your Irish passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

In fairness though, why should he come clean about his past when people on other sides of the conflict refuse to do so?

Adams etc have been calling for years for a truth and reconciliation forum to be set up; where everyone sits down and agrees to be open and honest about what happened and what they know about. Both the British, Irish and NI parliaments and security forces have refused to consider it.

Because he's running for Irish office and asking Irish citizens to place trust in him! :pac: The levels of hypocrisy when it comes to these guys is phenomenal. One the one hand you'll hear people wanting members of Fianna Fail out of office/dead for their part in an economic mess, which they've admitted culpability for by either stepping away from office or by apologising (not that it makes OK, but at least they're aren't outright denying it). Then seconds later, you'll hear the same people pipe up and talk nonsense about Gerry Adams being the solution; he'll fix the trust issues in Irish politics with his continual denials of the past and highly suspect economic policies. How could you not be on a high horse?

• Advertisement

There's always ..Irish passport.

Earlier you made the statement
    Not even at the last general election when they packed a load of foreign
    nationals into minibuses and carted them to the polling stations did it have any
    effect on the outcome.

Would you be as good as to expand and explain please....

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Property tax, austerity, bail out programme etc etc. What has been on the news everyday for the last 5 years.:confused:

It's very easy to be 'anti' everything the way Sinn Fein are, when you don't have to provide an alternative.

It most certainly is if the only reason you'll vote for Sinn Féin is because of what you learned in school about the other parties. Dear god man as a fourth year economics student I really have to wonder how you ever got that far having never picked up a newspaper and only confining yourself to your economic theory in your course material.

There's always one. Would you mind if I asked of you when were Sinn Féin ever NOT corrupt, and do you think if they ever got into EVEN coalition government, that they would remain, erm, well, just for the sake of argument lets say they are uncorrupted. Do you think given the increased power and influence that they would remain incorruptible?

I think you'd be better off doing something better with that economics degree than stay in Ireland in the unlikely event that Sinn Féin ever got into power. I hear they're looking for people with Irish passports in Colombia, now there's a country you could put your lack of economics and finance experience to good use.

At least they'd appreciate your Irish passport.

There's more than just "one" and you'll realise that sooner rather than later hopefully. And as I cannot predict the future there is no way I could say Sinn Fein would never become corrupt, however I think they are a good alternative to current parties. Parties that you are obviously currently voting for (speaking of lack of knowledge) but if your happy selling ireland down the drain in order to avoid voting for a party where some of its members once held a gun and fought for freedom against oppression I hope you sleep well at night.

It most certainly is if the only reason you'll vote for Sinn Féin is because of what you learned in school about the other parties. Dear god man as a fourth year economics student I really have to wonder how you ever got that far having never picked up a newspaper and only confining yourself to your economic theory in your course material.

Hi. You seem to have missed this earlier
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84146537&postcount=73
    If you'd be good enough to get back to me....

Actually all my political decisions are because I pick up a newspaper, maybe you should try it some time. And "the sun" dose not count by the way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Saab Ed wrote: »
    You gotta ask yourself should anybody, who partakes in this carry on, ever be allowed outside again. The embarrassment of these tramps. These are supporters of a mainstream Irish political party

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/old-style-paraphernalia-for-sale-at-sinn-f%C3%A9in-ard-fheis-1.1359926?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

That's democracy for yea!

If you need explanation or clarification on my post, then I'm afraid that proves me right.

Explain how i am uneducated. You did not clarify that.

There's more than just "one" and you'll realise that sooner rather than later hopefully. And as I cannot predict the future there is no way I could say Sinn Fein would never become corrupt, however I think they are a good alternative to current parties. Parties that you are obviously currently voting for (speaking of lack of knowledge) but if your happy selling ireland down the drain in order to avoid voting for a party where some of its members once held a gun and fought for freedom against oppression I hope you sleep well at night.

Maybe you could explain how the kingsmill masacre or jerry mccabe or countless other killings advanced the cause of Irish freedom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Well trampy selling a few tasteless button badges. They should be like the other mob and just stick to selling off our natural rescources for buttons. That's much much "classier". Or burning our tax money in a big private bonfire. But sure let's focus on the stupid badges. That's the usual Irish way of doing things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Actually all my political decisions are because I pick up a newspaper, maybe you should try it some time. And "the sun" dose not count by the way ;)

Maybe you should pick up more than one newspaper.
    Possibly read them too.

Well trampy selling a few tasteless button badges. They should be like the other mob and just stick to selling off our natural rescources for buttons. That's much much "classier". Or burning our tax money in a big private bonfire. But sure let's focus on the stupid badges. That's the usual Irish way of doing things.

Yeah cause shooting people is mch worse. I am not a supporer or the currwnt government. Typical whataboutery

Bambi wrote: »
    Maybe you should pick up more than one newspaper.
    Possibly read them too.

Its probably 'an poblacht'. Very trustworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

where some of its members once held a gun and fought for freedom against oppression I hope you sleep well at night.

You child are clueless.
    They have been lapping up kids like you for years for all their dirty work.
    Just goes to prove that any idiot can get into college these days.
    Good luck ever trying to get a job in the financial sector if SF were to get into government.

Templar, maybe you could answer the questions i asked of you previously?

There's more than just "one" and you'll realise that sooner rather than later hopefully.

Oh I know only too well there's more than one TK, there's one born every minute, thankfully not enough though that'd ever see Sinn Féin form any part of Irish government in MY lifetime.

And as I cannot predict the future

An economist for whom the word "forecast" is a dirty word. I don't need to invoke any statistical methods to predict you'll go far... if you go into politics and steer well clear of economics!

there is no way I could say Sinn Fein would never become corrupt, however I think they are a good alternative to current parties.

If we're talking about one party of pigeon chested pricks replacing the current shower of pigeon chested pricks, who replaced the pigeon chested pricks before them, then yes, Sinn Féin are an alternative, we might as well let them ALL have a go on the merry go round while the opposition are as much as scratching their balls waiting for their turn to come round again.

Parties that you are obviously currently voting for (speaking of lack of knowledge)

Speaking of a lack of knowledge indeed, such as your lack of knowledge in the fact that given what little you knew of me, your judgement was already colored by your presumption that just because one does not subscribe to the Sinn Féin manifesto (or lack of a coherent manifesto even!), this must mean they subscribe to one of the remaining political parties. With a view that narrow your economic credentials are standing on some very shaky ground if you never factored in the concept that there is yet another alternative- the concept of no political affiliations whatsoever.
    but if your happy selling ireland down the drain in order to avoid voting for a party where some of its members once held a gun and fought for freedom against oppression I hope you sleep well at night.

I'm not happy to sell Ireland down the drain at all. I'm also not happy to sell it to yet another pack of pigeon chested pricks. As for your assertions about people that ever fought for freedom against oppression, you talk like you were there to experience it, that would make you what age- 97?

Should've gone to specsavers, those rose tinted specs you picked up at the last Sinn Féin Ard Fheis have colored your perception, giving you romanticised notions of "Ould Éire and the struggle against the Brit bastards", or is that the product of the history books you had in hedge school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Lads this isn't about your politics. This is about morons at a political event selling crass and obscence clothing celebrating death and violence. It is some of the posters in here that have associated these items with their politics. I merely pointed out the selling of such disgusting items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I thought we had gotten to a stage where we don't really take Sinn Fein seriously any more.

Let them at it, only making a fool of themselves.

Errr... no. They're being taken more and more seriously as an alternative to the others. Let's face it, they'll be in power in a couple of elections time.

The signs weren't being sold by SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Gatling wrote: »
    Supporting local dealers ohh I mean businesses
    No body pays tax ever
    big increases for dole scrounging supporters
    Big pensions for the lads in Kildare for there services to the country
    No more EU money as they found alternative sources

So close to the Sinn Fein manifesto it's funny.
    I understand why people might like Sinn Fein as a republican party, but surely even their most hard core follower can admit that their economic policies are a joke and purely populist.
    And the excuse "that's what FF, FG and Labour do, so it's ok for Sinn Fein to do it" doesn't wash.

• Advertisement

Errr... no. They're being taken more and more seriously as an alternative to the others. Let's face it, they'll be in power in a couple of elections time.

The signs weren't being sold by SF.

So thats ok. Probably being purchased by people with absolutely no connection to sf. Yeah right

Advertisement