Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

where have you gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Anything I can do?

Ah its just that awkward limbo where I'm looking at places but there's nothing I can do yet because I'm not in the country. I've sent a few emails to people but haven't anything back really, I'm guessing the whole different country for now is the problem! I'm going over for the day on the 15th so going to ring places the few days before to try arrange viewings!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Ah its just that awkward limbo where I'm looking at places but there's nothing I can do yet because I'm not in the country. I've sent a few emails to people but haven't anything back really, I'm guessing the whole different country for now is the problem! I'm going over for the day on the 15th so going to ring places the few days before to try arrange viewings!

And ideas what areas yet?

I'll be working in Camden so ideally I'd like a room somewhere pretty close by or on the northern line , I want to have the option to walk to work if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I'll be working in Camden so ideally I'd like a room somewhere pretty close by or on the northern line , I want to have the option to walk to work if possible.

Finchley is a nice enough area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Jhcx wrote: »
    where have you gone?

Brittany in France. Flew into Beauvais. I could have flown Dublin-London-Brittany, but nope. My brain is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

There'd also a night bus that runs from Camden Town so anywhere along that route would be good because then you're not restricted with the tube stopping at 1ish. If you use Oyster and not cash the bus is only 1.45 for any journey any time so you could save a lot by moving a little further out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Get an oyster card straight away regardless, sooooo handy to have!

I have one already, got one when u wet over for my trial :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

so instead of doing my course work thats due on friday i've spent the weekend watching american horror story dammit netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Irish oral in under twelve hours. I've spent the last hour and a half on a mixture of facebook/twitter/google/various other internet locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

bluejay14 wrote: »
    Irish oral in under twelve hours. I've spent the last hour and a half on a mixture of facebook/twitter/google/various other internet locations.

Been in that situation before. Try this:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en
    StayFocusd increases your productivity by limiting the amount of time that you can spend on time-wasting websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Well hey, our Irish examiner asked pretty much everyone about facebook or youtube last week! #silverlinings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Well hey, our Irish examiner asked pretty much everyone about facebook or youtube last week! #silverlinings

Don't think that's the direction our college lecturers will be taking the conversation tbh! :P

The fb conversation that's going on about the orals tomorrow though is gold!

Don't think that's the direction our college lecturers will be taking the conversation tbh! :P

The fb conversation that's going on about the orals tomorrow though is gold!

ew, college!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ew, college!

Heh, you won't be saying that come September...

(assuming you're LC on your most recent post with no other supporting evidence :P)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

No one should ever "ew college" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

ew, college!

Rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Made a total balls of my Spanish oral.. the pressure of having an external examiner sitting in on mine plus the fact that I was already a bag of nerves led to me totally fecking up the conversation, wasnt asked any past tense or challenging questions, then I got the hardest roleplay to top it all off...

Adios A in Spanish... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

ew, college!
    You may want to eat those words soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I know I signed up to a contract but my god, it seems so difficult to get out of Vodafone ones :(

I know I signed up to a contract but my god, it seems so difficult to get out of Vodafone ones :(

I cancelled mine, agreed to pay the fee and asked to be put on pay as you go because of the whole moving country thing and they just went and cancelled my phone altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Unfortunately they all are! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I cancelled mine, agreed to pay the fee and asked to be put on pay as you go because of the whole moving country thing and they just went and cancelled my phone altogether...

Cancelled your phone??? What does that even mean? As in your number etc doesn't exist anymore?
    I have no problem paying the fee in the summer to lose the bill pay contract but I bet if I then want to unlock it or anything that's not even gunna happen! They seem to want to make it as difficult as possible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

why can't i just get these assignments done argh six to do and they moved the deadline to thursday argh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Got dragged in for a third disciplinary meeting this week at work. I had a witness, evidence and the truth on my side. But after having a manager lie through his teeth to our area manager and the fact I believe these disciplinaries are excuses to sack me I'm not holding out much hope for the outcome of this. Junco is dole bound I reckon. :/

I don't need this in my life at the minute. my family life has turned to sh1te I don't need my work life to do the same.

Arrrrrghhhhhhh

''Hmm, I'll check old boards threads to see if I am adequately prepared for the French oral on Friday''

Nope, definitely am not!! Who knew you could get asked about marriage? MARRIAGE? Huh?

Gah!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Got dragged in for a third disciplinary meeting this week at work. I had a witness, evidence and the truth on my side. But after having a manager lie through his teeth to our area manager and the fact I believe these disciplinaries are excuses to sack me I'm not holding out much hope for the outcome of this. Junco is dole bound I reckon. :/

I don't need this in my life at the minute. my family life has turned to sh1te I don't need my work life to do the same.

F*ck man...

Could you go after them for Constructive Dismissal or something? Going solely on what you've posted here over the last few months, you can't let this sh*t slide like...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Day three of being at home (it's study week and I'm conserving funds/health by being at home) and I'm going a bit mental, I don't know how I'm gonna survive four months of summer (not to mention the massive gaps from when my exams actually start) after the fast-paced lifestyle of college without going insane, with my hours at work looking likely to be fairly dismal. Sigh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's 3.05am and I just looked at the time and I've to get up in four hours and FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

Advertisement