Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Just got sick reading over questions about Criminal Law. Dear christ what am I going to be like in the actual exam?

I'm finding this year too be faaaaar more boring then 1st year. I can't even get interested in homicide, loved Criminal in semester 1 but just find it so boring this semester.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm finding this year too be faaaaar more boring then 1st year. I can't even get interested in homicide, loved Criminal in semester 1 but just find it so boring this semester.

I'm just getting emotionally triggered by certain subjects. Honestly, I wish I'd dropped out in First Year, but what will you do?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mod note: Just to make people aware, bad mouthing Java is, from here on out, a bannable offence. It is a great programming language that only the most skilled of programmers can master.

This has absolutely nothing, I repeat, nothing, to do with the fact I happen to work as a Java dev... nope, nothing.

:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

*casually wonders if she can badmouth java*

I'm just getting emotionally triggered by certain subjects. Honestly, I wish I'd dropped out in First Year, but what will you do?

That sucks :( Are you gunna try stick it out for final year?

• Advertisement

That sucks :( Are you gunna try stick it out for final year?

If I pass this year, yeah. If I don't I'm dropping out and either taking a year out or going to the UK. Wait and see.

If I pass this year, yeah. If I don't I'm dropping out and either taking a year out or going to the UK. Wait and see.

I hope you can pull it off CTYI :cool:

And your personal stuff aside, from the odd time I have been in lectures where you have answered a question a lecturer asked, you seemed to know your sh*t!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Mod note: Just to make people aware, bad mouthing Java is, from here on out, a bannable offence. It is a great programming language that only the most skilled of programmers can master.

This has absolutely nothing, I repeat, nothing, to do with the fact I happen to work as a Java dev... nope, nothing.

:P

Does making reference to FizzBuzz Enterprise Edition count as badmouthing Java? :D
    (Also, no primitive-like alias for String and equality operator applying reference equality with String sucks!)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Looking for advice on school matters on boards as an average joe is really difficult.
    It just seems like everyone on here is so good at all their subjects and aiming for really high points. Then there are those who are like ''oh no i swear im so bad at that'' then come out with an a1 and 500 + points.

I mean fair play, you deserve it and all it's just hard when looking for advice. You wouldn't ask a millionaire on the best place to buy koka noodles would you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Looking for advice on school matters on boards as an average joe is really difficult.
    It just seems like everyone on here is so good at all their subjects and aiming for really high points. Then there are those who are like ''oh no i swear im so bad at that'' then come out with an a1 and 500 + points.

I mean fair play, you deserve it and all it's just hard when looking for advice. You wouldn't ask a millionaire on the best place to buy koka noodles would you ?

But but.. Koka are the best brand of noodles. I have to make do with Aldi. :pac:

I know that feel though. I studied me hole off for the Leaving and got 350, was over the moon about that. There will always be people who seem to cruise through it all, in school or on boards.

The worst thing was that (I felt anyway) I was struggling with French. Only to discover a girl in class was reading 'Le Petit Prince' and a load of French novels for the lulz. :eek::(

• Advertisement

It's all kicking off at home.

Mother is taking the stance that the Easter Bunny is alive and well and so has said she hasn't bought the sister any Easter eggs.

Sister has found out that he's not.. and now thinks she'll get no Easter eggs and is a state of upset and dismay.

Coming soon to MTV.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Why am I such an emotional wreck all the time? :)))))
    If anyone is ever selling stability, Id like to place an order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

went out tonight with a group of friends. attempted to chat up a girl, got nowhere, she mentions that she has a boyfriend. fair enough you lose sometimes.
    h
    in the chipper later on and whos ahead of me in the queue only the girl id failed with. so i say "Hey Sara, whats the craic?"

She turns to her boyfriend and says "this guy poured his drink over me earlier on"

Wait.... What?!
    the boyfriend grabs me by the throat and starts screaming at me.
    I lean again the boyfriendand tell him hes being lied to waitin for the punch. security sepearate us and i wait for my food.
    As im walkin out the boyfriend tries to trip me up.

Some bitch decides to lie and i have to deal with the fallout.

The awkward moment my dad starts yelling about Protestants and how they're all going to hell...and I'm in the process of organising my baptism to become Methodist. Whoops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

But only Mormons go to heaven anyway. :pac:

pajor wrote: »
    But only Mormons go to heaven anyway. :pac:

Ahahaha, I love that bit. Paraphrasing a little but...

"So what was the correct religion anyway?"

"Mormon...the correct religion was Mormon."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's been a long time since I have posted on this forum...I remember during the early days of C&H, someone suggested to call the forum "The Teen Zone" :eek:

Anyways.

Take it from me, a less than average joe. The leaving cert is a load of ****e. I was 200+ points off from course I wanted to do (Biotech, DCU). There's a way around everything, seriously! A one year pre university course and I was accepted into my dream course. I also made some extremely close friends during that one year after secondary school.

It freaks me out the amount of pressure the leaving cert puts on students from the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

ugh i this hate feeling , and i hate being able to talk to any of my friends about it incase their judgementle . argh f society in general

''Can I haz Summer job in your business even though I have no experience in your sector and can't start till after the LC? I'll even do work experience if there's no paid positions''

''No''

''Oh, okay then''

Looks like another Summer of manual labour!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

''Can I haz Summer job in your business even though I have no experience in your sector and can't start till after the LC? I'll even do work experience if there's no paid positions''

''No''

''Oh, okay then''

Looks like another Summer of manual labour!

D'you mind me asking which sector you're looking to get into? Like, there might be stuff you can do on the side that'll make you more attractive to employers even without experience.

But yeah, trying to get that first job in any sector is a PITA unless you "know someone" who can get you in the door...

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    D'you mind me asking which sector you're looking to get into? Like, there might be stuff you can do on the side that'll make you more attractive to employers even without experience.

But yeah, trying to get that first job in any sector is a PITA unless you "know someone" who can get you in the door...

I'm only 17 so just want a Summer/part time job so hotel/bar/restaurant work (hospitality/service sector?)

Or retail, which is even harder to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Ughhhh being at home for 2 weeks is actually driving me spare, getting sick of being dragged into other people's arguments and somehow coming out with the blame aswell and having to listen to ****e...
    Getting literally no study done either and just feel like giving up -_-

I'm going to fail this exam we have tomorrow (iamanengine I stg if you tell me I won't I'll...I'll...something), my housemate burnt my yoga mat because she was using it as a seat for smoking and I feel like death.

I'm going to fail this exam we have tomorrow (iamanengine I stg if you tell me I won't I'll...I'll...something), my housemate burnt my yoga mat because she was using it as a seat for smoking and I feel like death.

I literally just popped on to say as much :P

Terrified of failing this one, have only studied 3 topics so I know the bare minimum and even cut down on what I studied in each topic. Unless the questions go exactly my way, I am screwed.

I literally just popped on to say as much :P

Terrified of failing this one, have only studied 3 topics so I know the bare minimum and even cut down on what I studied in each topic. Unless the questions go exactly my way, I am screwed.

I know section four sexual assault. And that's it. AND I'm doing my exams in the disability centre, so I can't even do last minute cramming with people.

I know section four sexual assault. And that's it. AND I'm doing my exams in the disability centre, so I can't even do last minute cramming with people.

I know Rape, Homicide and Theft. And by know, I mean very vaguely and poorly remember bits and pieces.

Ugh, why does it have to be on at half 9?!?

Because an option that I think ONE person is taking is on at 4.30

Because an option that I think ONE person is taking is on at 4.30

Ugh.

Well, I'm gunna head to bed, get up at 8 and cram insanely for an hour. Good luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Jumping on the "Im screwed for exams" bandwagon here

UGHHHHHHHHHHH

EXAMS
    tumblr_leu1toMttw1qegxfe.gif

one-does-not-simply-understand-calculus.jpg

• Advertisement

I missed my bus to my exam...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

Advertisement