Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    We had Christmas dinner in our house last night. I made potato gratin with parmesan and rashers sprinkled over it, sage and onion stuffing with sausage meat, and a beef wellington (beef slathered in mustard, wrapped in a layer of mushrooms, a layer of ham and a layer of pastry). One of the lads did caramelised veg, and one of the girls did appetisers.

Couple all that with cheesy Christmas music, Christmas crackers and alcohol, and it was a good evening.

I made chocolate cookies then for dessert, and we all collapsed in the sitting room and watched Home Alone followed by A Christmassy Ted on the projector.

Oh, and I think I'm finally finished my Christmas shopping now.

OH! And this new fabric softener I'm using smells heavenly.

Everything's coming up wnolan atm! :pac:

Aaaaand the universe evens things up. Phone fell off the arm of the armchair, cracked the screen, and now is unusable. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

This is where the romantic/emotional confusion goes, innit?

If so, I hereby submit my arrgh: I can never tell if how I feel is actually how I feel. I look over the past. When I think about my mistakes I feel really young, and really old when they seem to matter.
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Aaaaand the universe evens things up. Phone fell off the arm of the armchair, cracked the screen, and now is unusable. Fantastic.

Probably for the best, if you thought up until that point you were on par with, or superior to, the universe. The universe glasses your three-goal cushion and bricks your phone like an extra from Green Street.

And to top it all off, I find out Taikichi in Limerick has been burned down.

13935048031860978518.gif?w=648

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

when taking a shortcut over a wall at 2am i fell flat on my fat ass and ruined my jeans, jacket and phone in the muck

at least the rest of the night was great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

11 hour shift wearing safety shoes with worn out arches.
    I have never known back pain until now.
    I need a bath filled with deep heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Not enjoying my night out :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Had a nervous breakdown/panic attack/mental collapse yesterday morning when my alarm went off, so didn't go to work. :o

I need to find a new job.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Can you makeup an excuse of some sort-family emergency (yes I know you're living abroad but idk-a friend collapsed and you had to bring them to the hospital)

F*ck no. I had already agreed with my manager that I wasn't renewing my contract in March. It's risky of course quitting a place without a new job yet, but after yesterday I REGRET NOTHING!! :mad:

My phone is broken, my laptop is broken, Im Broken! Do you think music can fix all the problems in my life . Life is so Complexicated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

tumblr_myl2z7tcwe1rk3lfqo5_r1_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Having no money is just depressing

• Advertisement

Look like 2016 is already off to a bad start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Ugh I hate my department manager so much she seriously hates me.
    Had a 5 week review at the job a few weeks ago got told I was ok mostly good needed to improve in some areas. Got moved to another department in a different managers section after being somewhere else for the first month and a half.
    There was one time I couldn't find something cause I was looking in the wrong area of the storeroom section but I eventually wasn't used to that department obviously she gave out to me.
    This latest assessment was worse ridiculous comments. Appear more motivated. Ask more questions. Don't leave the trolley ( I never do) . Faster in the stock room.
    Also that I made NO improvements at all. I was so tempted to write a letter. I'm certain I wasn't that bad. Just as well it's my last day tomorrow .

I'm in a very bad mental place right now because of my work. Have already had one meltdown.

I seriously don't know what to do.

Got some weird bug has me hot and cold. And my skin sore

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Jhcx wrote: »
    Got some weird bug has me hot and cold. And my skin sore

There's a virus going around. The amount of people coming into work with flus/colds/illness is mad. We started to run out of antibiotics at work the last day. How does that happen??

I have to apply for a placement for next year as part of my course and it's all CV based and whilst I know I have done way more work experience and stuff than others, I am so damn anxious, I know I wont be able to lay it out in a CV properly </3

Awe man never been so sick in all my life. It's pure torture. And when u have a head cold and a nosebleed, I won't even go there the worst torture ever.

Rice, why you so hard to cook?
    Mushy,mushy ,ugh.

Rice, why you so hard to cook?
    Mushy,mushy ,ugh.

:confused:
    1. Boil water.
    2. Add rice.
    3. Wait 10 minutes
    4. Strain and serve.....

:confused:
    1. Boil water.
    2. Add rice.
    3. Wait 10 minutes
    4. Strain and serve.....

Well I know the theory of it :p
    You get the water to Rice ratio any bit wrong and mush. If I leave it on the boil two seconds too long before I switch it to a simmer and mush
    Should I wash the starch of first or leave it starchy, should you leave the rice soak in water first or not.

Sometimes it works out beautiful other times it becomes a white paste even if I followed the exact same steps.
    I think my saucepans are conspiring against me

Dumped my boyfriend yesterday. It feels like it should be an ARGH, but I kinda feel relief? Maybe?

• Advertisement

Well I know the theory of it :p
    You get the water to Rice ratio any bit wrong and mush. If I leave it on the boil two seconds too long before I switch it to a simmer and mush
    Should I wash the starch of first or leave it starchy, should you leave the rice soak in water first or not.

Sometimes it works out beautiful other times it becomes a white paste even if I followed the exact same steps.
    I think my saucepans are conspiring against me

Youve got to be kidding me :P I've been cooking rice since I was about 8. If your confused as to portion sizes maybe get a boil in a bag or meaaure out the recommended portion size. Have enough water that it will be about a centimeter or 2 above the rice. You can leave the starchy bits...normally they just drsin off. If the water evspourates so that there is no water covering tje rice add more water. No need for soakage or simmering. You can strain it as soon as its cooked.

Youve got to be kidding me :P I've been cooking rice since I was about 8. If your confused as to portion sizes maybe get a boil in a bag or meaaure out the recommended portion size. Have enough water that it will be about a centimeter or 2 above the rice. You can leave the starchy bits...normally they just drsin off. If the water evspourates so that there is no water covering tje rice add more water. No need for soakage or simmering. You can strain it as soon as its cooked.
    Maybe a little bit of kidding :p I get it right some of the time
    Boil in the bag ain't cost effective.
    We were a spud family. So I didn't get the practice in at 8. Could make a mean roastie at that age though.:p

If I don't simmer all the water boils off and then I'm left with mushy rice that's stuck to the pan.It says to simmer on the bag. Bring pan to boil,add rice, stir,bring back to boil and then cut the heat down to simmer for 15 Minutes. 1:1,water:rice

I got it right two nights ago following the same steps and it worked out grand. yet last night twas mush.

I spent ages preparing the unreal main dish and all and had nothing but paste to add to it
    My pans are out to get me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Needs more water, bro!

Buy the cheap ass easy cook stuff. I've never screwed it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

The quinoa train is leaving the station and you're still working with the thinnest of Uncle Ben's gruel.

You know those moments your so angry but your just too broken to carry on. Just don't know how I loose so many friends and can never keep them

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

It'd be cheaper to buy a new car than fix my current one. The joys of it

Maybe it's cause I'm getting older or something. But I don't recall this day being so depressing..... I don't even remember last year how I survived it. Oh well

Jhcx wrote: »
    Maybe it's cause I'm getting older or something. But I don't recall this day being so depressing..... I don't even remember last year how I survived it. Oh well
    It's no different to being alone on any other day really.

• Advertisement

It's no different to being alone on any other day really.

Ya but Facebook makes it hundred times worse.

Advertisement