Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tblisi Cup. June 2013. "Emerging Ireland"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Swan Curry wrote: »
    I have a stream but no commentary.Are you sure you're on the coverage for day one?

Yeah got it sorted. No commentary either but not bothered by that

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

conf101 wrote: »
    Is anyone else not getting live coverage on the IRB stream? I just have an empty pitch

I'm sure you are, but just check that you're in the right section for the Tblisi Cup. They also have ones for the Pacific Nations Cup as well as the JWC & JWT right now

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭croket

6-3 Tsiklauri penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

If there's a maul from a kick off, does the receiving team not get the put in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

not if they carried it in and maul called and went down I imagine

Very impressed by georgian defence

• Registered Users Posts: 24,199 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Poor enough fare. We've plenty of possession ad territory but absolutely nothing to go with it. Halfbacks are giving little direction. Morris and Diack with one or two nice bits of play from what I've seen and set pieces going well. Stevenson putting himself about. 9 - 13 nothing to write home about at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

The lads are dominating, good stuff, georgians have no backline. Irish 12 should not be there, getting thrown around like a rag doll far too weak for this level of rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Bit stop-start so far.

Good break by the Georgian 13 there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

lurtz wrote: »
    not if they carried it in and maul called and went down I imagine

Nevermind, i got it mixed up. The opposite of what I said is true. If the catcher receives the ball from a kick that is not a kick-off/drop out and immediately brought into a maul that becomes unplayable, then his team gets the put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Seems a decent sized crowd there

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

This is the Irish 12 who has played more Ulster quite alot this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

The lads are dominating, good stuff, georgians have no backline. Irish 12 should not be there, getting thrown around like a rag doll far too weak for this level of rugby

Allen's doing anything but getting thrown around,he's been one of the better carriers in the backline.

damianmcr wrote: »
    This is the Irish 12 who has played more Ulster quite alot this season?

Michael Allen. He's not a 12. He's a 13 or winger. Bit lightweight but is getting stuck in. Not the worst but not really setting the world alight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Georgians sure like to whistle

Try Georgia....they were patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭tbm

Georgia try!

Try Georgia

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

He has played mostly on the wing for Ulster yeah.

• Advertisement

Try Georgia after they decimate our scrum on a 5m drive. First scrum we haven't been on top in that I've seen. Shouldn't be losing to these guys at all. They're not bad but they're second tier players.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Lord, that was some drive by their second row for the try.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭tbm

the open mic is picking up a very sweary irish chap.

Anyone else think that ball didn't cross the line?

Try given, but I was skeptical on first sight if he got there, and after seeing that replay he was certainly short when Morris brought him down. Irish players looked unhappy with the call, but no point dwelling on it. They were dominant in that scrum anyway & deserved what they got

Some fella wearing a Torres Chelsea jersey there.....that really was some scrum though.

Beery Eyed wrote: »
    Try given, but I was skeptical on first sight if he got there, and after seeing that replay he was certainly short when Morris brought him down. Irish players looked unhappy with the call, but no point dwelling on it. They were dominant in that scrum anyway & deserved what they got

Georgian tighthead was hanging out of McGrath's armpit right in front of the ref.

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Georgian tighthead was hanging out of McGrath's armpit right in front of the ref.

Really? I had been focusing on the grounding in the replay, so I hadn't looked closely at the scrum. It was the first scrum that they had dominance though, so I was wondering what they had done so differently to get the shove on

Hopefully a better showing in the second half. I don't think there was one clean line break from Ireland in that first half. Despite plenty of quick ball being available, there was no inventiveness with ball in hand

• Advertisement

Ireland win a penalty from Allen coming out of the line and smashing someone.What was that about him being too weak?

Advertisement