Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

jezzer wrote: »
    i only seen the first season, where can i get my hands on the second season?

I just watched it online, not allowed to link to the site but it's pretty well known, it's on Netflix too afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I need to rewatch this, but can't remember.. is Tom Hardy still in it? Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, and Paddy Considine would make for an incredible movie - just shows how far TV has come.

Yeah he came into it in Season 2, not sure what part, if any he will play in the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Ruu wrote: »
    Yeah he came into it in Season 2, not sure what part, if any he will play in the next season.

he was the boss man of a Jewish gang or something

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

He's in S3 which is quite the coup given how busy he is atm.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

he was the boss man of a Jewish gang or something

Made some nice bread and brew as well. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

So guys is there still no word on when season 3 begins? The previous two ran from mid September through October so I'm a little peeved that we haven't got a start date yet.

I suppose it's looking likely now that they might hold it back until early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

So guys is there still no word on when season 3 begins? The previous two ran from mid September through October so I'm a little peeved that we haven't got a start date yet.

I suppose it's looking likely now that they might hold it back until early next year.

Deffo 2016 no date yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Season 3 is listed as 2015 but no specific date... Maybe no final decision just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rockonkw

Just finished watching season 1 and 2 of Peaky Blinders, seen a few threads saying the third season will be out this year. I can't wait any longer! Does anyone have a date it's gonna be aired? I'm dying to know what's gonna happen next :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

No air date yet but the Independent suggests it might be as early as April.
    We won't be getting the new episodes between now and March as they're still being edited, but Independent.co.uk has learned that producers are working towards a potential April premiere.

Wait nearly over for Peaky Blinders season 3 as filming wraps

Peaky Blinders season 3: What to expect as the Shelbys go ‘internation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

Season 3 coming next month. (May)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

would all that craic have gone on in the 20's? lads basically untouchable, burning pubs, getting up on young ones, i didnt think cocaine was even about back then???

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

lookin good for season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

would all that craic have gone on in the 20's? lads basically untouchable, burning pubs, getting up on young ones, i didnt think cocaine was even about back then???

The incas were chewing coca leaves 5,000 years ago. And cocaine started being used in its present form as a recreational drug around the late 19th/early 20th century.
    Famously being used in the original Coca Cola receipe.
    In the 1930s the UK was the third largest producer of cocaine.
    So it's certainly believeable that people were snorting cocaine in a big city like Birmingham.

Crime has always existed and as long as there have been police forces there have been corrupt police men.
    It's not unreasonable to believe that the Birmingham police force could be paid off to turn a blind eye.

As for "getting up on young ones" if no one had been doing that then there'd have been no babies.
    A lot of the time they seem to employ prostitutes which would have been in line with the "entertainment" available in a working class city like Birmingham.

The incas were chewing coca leaves 5,000 years ago. And cocaine started being used in its present form as a recreational drug around the late 19th/early 20th century.
    Famously being used in the original Coca Cola receipe.
    In the 1930s the UK was the third largest producer of cocaine.
    So it's certainly believeable that people were snorting cocaine in a big city like Birmingham.

Crime has always existed and as long as there have been police forces there have been corrupt police men.
    It's not unreasonable to believe that the Birmingham police force could be paid off to turn a blind eye.

As for "getting up on young ones" if no one had been doing that then there'd have been no babies.
    A lot of the time they seem to employ prostitutes which would have been in line with the "entertainment" available in a working class city like Birmingham.

but it seemed like utter chaos, i presume this would have been confined to certain areas as opposed to being widespread? also, i'm thinking that back then, there would have been a greater divide between rural and city life, rual life would have been less exposed to the likes of cocaine, prostitutes and crime?

if we take an irish example, i believe around the end of the 19th century "the monto" was a hive of prostitution and crime, however, il bet the middle of offaly or leitrim wouldnt have any knocking shops or knife crime etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

but it seemed like utter chaos, i presume this would have been confined to certain areas as opposed to being widespread? also, i'm thinking that back then, there would have been a greater divide between rural and city life, rual life would have been less exposed to the likes of cocaine, prostitutes and crime?

if we take an irish example, i believe around the end of the 19th century "the monto" was a hive of prostitution and crime, however, il bet the middle of offaly or leitrim wouldnt have any knocking shops or knife crime etc?
    I don't see anything in the show that contradicts any of that. The peaky blinders are based in a working class area of Birmingham and everything you expect to go on there does.
    Maybe I haven't been watching it closely enough but I don't remember them ever visiting offal or leitrim. http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/arts-culture-news/truth-behind-peaky-blinders-no-7938754

I don't see anything in the show that contradicts any of that. The peaky blinders are based in a working class area of Birmingham and everything you expect to go on there does.
    Maybe I haven't been watching it closely enough but I don't remember them ever visiting offal or leitrim. http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/arts-culture-news/truth-behind-peaky-blinders-no-7938754

i'm just giving an irish example, but in the show you can see that when they leave the kip of a back street they operate from the weather suddenly gets better and there is more light....

gangsters back then dressed so well, nowadays all they do is wear hoods and tuck their tracksuit bottoms into their socks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Peaky Blinders were actually a real life street gang in Birmingham in the early part of the 20th century. Although this show is a fictional portrayal of their existence and not based on the real gang.

Organised crime was fairly well entrenched in the British industrial cities by the 20s. Protection, Prostitution and illegal gambling were all big money making rackets. Corruption and extreme violence obviously also a feature.

• Advertisement

The Peaky Blinders were actually a real life street gang in Birmingham in the early part of the 20th century. Although this show is a fictional portrayal of their existence and not based on the real gang.

Organised crime was fairly well entrenched in the British industrial cities by the 20s. Protection, Prostitution and illegal gambling were all big money making rackets. Corruption and extreme violence obviously also a feature.

presumably this was confined to working class areas of industrial cities?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Thursday May 5th is the date for ep 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Peaky Blinders back Thursday 5th May on BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

Wonder if it'll be up in Netflix at the same time or will we be likely waiting a few months for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

DeKing wrote: »
    Wonder if it'll be up in Netflix at the same time or will we be likely waiting a few months for it?

There'll be a wait I'd say for sure. BBC won't give it to them for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 footcandles

love this and can't wait for series 3. Murphy is great in it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

BBC announcing season three would commence on May 5th... queue sky+ being set straight away! :-)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Back tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yup, not sure I'll be home from training on time so it's already set to record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Pity about the mumbled dialogue :(

Advertisement