Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

I rang them just there and they gave a date of the 17th of December for Ardamine. They won't take any orders until that date (probably in case it gets postponed again).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

logic wrote: »
    I rang them just there and they gave a date of the 17th of December for Ardamine. They won't take any orders until that date (probably in case it gets postponed again).

Just checked the site now and when I put in my phone no. it says "efibre is enabled at your home" but when I put in my address it says "your home is not in an efibre area":)
    Couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Just checked the site now and when I put in my phone no. it says "efibre is enabled at your home" but when I put in my address it says "your home is not in an efibre area":)
    Couldn't make it up.

The addresses are a guessing system, the numbers are what matters.

Are you in Riverchapel wood Marhay70? If so you're probably connected to the cabinet that is going live on 3rd.

Yes, I'm in Riverchapel Wood but I would have thought I was connected to the cabinet closest to the church as the one due to go live wasn't there when I moved in.

• Advertisement

You probably are, it may be on the schedule for the 17/12 as well. Kn were working in our estate this morning , it looked like they were running cables from the main feed on the road in to the estate (didn't see the cabinets open at all). There was an eircom guy checking the shores all through the estate a couple of weeks ago so I am guessing there is a cable feed problem in our estate which may be why we have been taken off the schedule for the moment.

logic wrote: »
    You probably are, it may be on the schedule for the 17/12 as well. Kn were working in our estate this morning , it looked like they were running cables from the main feed on the road in to the estate (didn't see the cabinets open at all). There was an eircom guy checking the shores all through the estate a couple of weeks ago so I am guessing there is a cable feed problem in our estate which may be why we have been taken off the schedule for the moment.

Spoke to Vodafone today and they confirmed 18/12 as the day they'll be able to upgrade me to fibre, then I suppose it's a case of waiting for the router so I suppose we'll be lucky to have it for Christmas.

Spoke to Vodafone today and they confirmed 18/12 as the day they'll be able to upgrade me to fibre, then I suppose it's a case of waiting for the router so I suppose we'll be lucky to have it for Christmas.

They typically take orders 1 month before the first appointments according to one of the other posters on here. So that means you appointment will be after chrimbo.

I agree, its very unlikely you'll get it in for Christmas. I signed up with vodafone in June I think, the modem they sent me is HG658c which supports vdsl. Eitherway if you need a router should have one well before the engineer will arrive, you'll need a new socket (filter) too but thats usually installed when the engineer comes out to connect you at the cabinet.

That's the router I have, Vodafone told me it won't work with fibre. I had already given up on having it for Christmas but we can only hope whatever work they're doing will improve the current crap bandwidth, I could barely open webpages tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

logic. I checked my friend number (from beachside) now and it is 11.72MB max it increased from 5.86 last week but it should be higher if all would be OK Hi lives close to cabinet.
    BTW 2 kn vans on mainstreet today

I see on the Eircom website that all the remaining cabinets in Riverchapel/Ardamine have been given a live date of 17/12 with the exception of Beachside. Really the logic of the roll out is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

I see on the Eircom website that all the remaining cabinets in Riverchapel/Ardamine have been given a live date of 17/12 with the exception of Beachside. Really the logic of the roll out is baffling.

nothing to do with logic really, as mentioned numerous times on here the roll-out has been good. Obviously gonna be issues in areas aswell.

Beachside will be live 17. Its mistake cos cab 10 is marked for 17 instead but its not even there - as I mentioned this here before.

jowkon wrote: »
    Beachside will be live 17. Its mistake cos cab 10 is marked for 17 instead but its not even there - as I mentioned this here before.

valid point, its red but has a date. The Kn guys were working the last two days in our estate but in at the first couple of shores (in past the cabinet). Hopefully it will be the 17th.

The HG658c specs show VDSL standard G.993.2 so I'm presuming it will work.

map has been updated, crt10 is gone from it now completely. No update for beachside cab so it will be jan if im lucky I guess.

jowkon wrote: »
    logic. I checked my friend number (from beachside) now and it is 11.72MB max it increased from 5.86 last week but it should be higher if all would be OK Hi lives close to cabinet.
    BTW 2 kn vans on mainstreet today

Jowkon, are you saying your friend is getting 11.72mbs in Beachside? if so that's amazing seeing as in the rest of Riverchapei we are barely getting 0.5mbs at peak.

he is not getting but max speed available on his connection is 11 MB which means its upgraded but not to fibre speed yet,
    Mine is is 85 which means its even vectoring on. It was 48mb 17 days ago. 150m from cab.
    Logics is nearly 10MB which means not fibre ready yet. Don't know where you live but its about 50MB I guess

How do you test for that Jowkon? I'd be interested to see what my line is capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Eircom added a sh!t load of new areas to their eFibre rollout map for April-June next year. Good to see.

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map

• Advertisement

The map is half red! If they were areas that previously had no plans thats a doubling of the footprint. Cant be part of the 1.6mil can it? Paging BK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Arent they all exchanges so only 2km from the exchange will be able to get it.

Nolars wrote: »
    Arent they all exchanges so only 2km from the exchange will be able to get it.

Nah, if you check the wholesale map they have cabs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

yuloni wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Looking further its a mix. Avoca say is exchange launched only. Dingle is cabs and exchange. Roscarberry is exchange + 1 cab.

Overall its a good sign that the DF lines are getting sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Barry5714

Castlemartyr in East Cork also recently turned Red.
    This Exchange also serves 2 other villages (Ladysbridge & Mogeely) both about 1.5km from the Exchange in opposite directions so thats 3 cabs planned at the moment one in the exchange itself and one in each of the other villages...

well I called vodafone, still told me the max my line can take is 7mb. They did tell me that fibre would be going live on the 24/12 (christmas eve, somehow I doubt it) in beachside. She told me I would need to upgrade my package??? All vodafone packages are unlimited fibre broadband but I wasn't getting in to it with her. Eircom's wholesale map isn't updated yet but my number is showing up on the eircom site now as being in a fibre enabled so it'll be January at the earliest. At least thats something.

it can be 24, it will be month after last Monday 24 it make sense. So you will be able order this year ;)
    btw your max now is 28.61MB (it will be:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Eircom added a sh!t load of new areas to their eFibre rollout map for April-June next year. Good to see.

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map

Tis only a load of aul B0ll0x - Site still shows e fiber enabled in the whole town of macroom . This is not correct 300 premises in macroom enabled only . Sick fo this **** , praying to god ESB make it here before Eircom D0.

• Advertisement

Any of you guys in Riverchapel notice an improvement in broadband speed over the last few days? Still nothing to write home about but an improvement all the same. I wonder had it anything to do with the work in Beachside last week or is it to do with less contention due to fibre cabinets going live.

Advertisement