Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Hogzy wrote: »
    When you say manual process does it involve any sort of construction work or is it purely a systems thing?

It's mostly a case of systems. Any construction related issues (or repatching) are done as part of the actual installation on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ok, I checked and says I am approved for

https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/vdsl

What does this mean? how can I connect in?

I live in estate with 14 houses or so....any discounts for group offer? the estate is on its own outside a little village

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ok, I checked and says I am approved for

https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/vdsl

What does this mean? how can I connect in?

I live in estate with 14 houses or so....any discounts for group offer? the estate is on its own outside a little village

If your premise comes up as "available", then you're within 500m of a cabinet and once you place an order, we will do whatever we can to connect you.

The pricing on our website, is the price it costs. That price is also still the same after a year. It does not go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cockadoodledoo

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows when the next update on the fibre rollout map will be? When was the last?

I thought it always said when the next update was due but i can't see it there now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows when the next update on the fibre rollout map will be? When was the last?

I thought it always said when the next update was due but i can't see it there now. :(

About ∞
    They removed the last updated date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Hi all,

The last update was on the 18th of May 2018.

It seems to have been abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 volker81k

A friend is getting fibre installed next week, but on the rollout map all houses on his street are shown in blue.
    Don't think the map is updated anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I'm listed on the Airwire site as 'coming soon' though not on the rollout map. The houses beyond us were originally listed as 'before June18' & then 'before end of 2018' .
    I enquired from Openeir on twitter if there was any update regarding this as KN were fixing ducts etc earlier in the year & the reply I got was that, according to the information available, our area is not on their build schedule!!

jgbyr wrote: »
    I'm listed on the Airwire site as 'coming soon' though not on the rollout map. The houses beyond us were originally listed as 'before June18' & then 'before end of 2018' .
    I enquired from Openeir on twitter if there was any update regarding this as KN were fixing ducts etc earlier in the year & the reply I got was that, according to the information available, our area is not on their build schedule!!

People on the FTTH thread were apparently told by open eir that they were not due to be covered and subsequently they were. It's best just to keep watch for work taking place in your area as it is the only reliable indicator.

People on the FTTH thread were apparently told by open eir that they were not due to be covered and subsequently they were. It's best just to keep watch for work taking place in your area as it is the only reliable indicator.

Agreed, I'm keeping a look out for any activity, but to say the area is not on their build schedule? It's listed, so do they mean in the short term or not at all. That statement I don't understand.

• Advertisement

Agreed, I'm keeping a look out for any activity, but to say the area is not on their build schedule? It's listed, so do they mean in the short term or not at all. That statement I don't understand.

If your home is listed as "Available soon" on the Airwire checker, then it has been indexed for FTTH.

We tend to see those homes go live 3-6 months after they first turn up on the list. But there is no clear way of saying, when it will be. If you PM me your Eircode, I can check, if there is a anticipated date for the exchange.

I can't answer that unfortunately. It's hard to know who is manning these social media accounts or what access they have to plans etc.

If your home is listed as "Available soon" on the Airwire checker, then it has been indexed for FTTH.

We tend to see those homes go live 3-6 months after they first turn up on the list. But there is no clear way of saying, when it will be. If you PM me your Eircode, I can check, if there is a anticipated date for the exchange.

PM sent, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah I've just been told by open eir on twitter:
    "Hi, this eircode is located within a FTTC coverage area and is not within our planned 300k FTTH rollout. Thank you"

But I've been down for getting FTTH according to the map for a long time now. Last time it was updated back in June or so, it said Autumn/Winter 2018 and KN etc. have done all the signs of work preparing for FTTH.

I really hope their twitter is wrong in my case too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Techspert

Whenever you see KN or Eir people working in your area stop and have a chat with them. They have always been dead sound and very informative to me whenever I pulled over to talk to them.
    When FTTH became available in my area I was the first person they hooked up.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "Hi, this eircode is located within a FTTC coverage area and is not within our planned 300k FTTH rollout. Thank you"

They told me the exact same thing last week. I wasn't included originally but explained I had heard differently

This morning I got the following from OE
    "Hi, your eircode has been indexed and you should be able to order FTTH within the next 72 hours. This leaves time for your eircode to register on the ordering systems of all FTTH operators. Thank you"

All I need now is for the fibre to be ran out. Nothing done yet in the area!! Thanks to Martin from Airwire who has told me the area is down for Q4 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Techspert

Happy days, you'll have it soon and your online life will change for the better, we absolutely love our 1,000Mbps connection!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

For months I've had no luck trying to get a date from OpenEir for FTTH. I've checked the Airwire site a few times and it said it'd be 'available soon'. But I checked it again there recently and it now gives a date: 24/10/2018. Are these generally accurate or can they be pushed back significantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

For months I've had no luck trying to get a date from OpenEir for FTTH. I've checked the Airwire site a few times and it said it'd be 'available soon'. But I checked it again there recently and it now gives a date: 24/10/2018. Are these generally accurate or can they be pushed back significantly?

They are the date, when the provider can order from OpenEIR. There can still be delays if there are problems with the build.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Marlow wrote: »
    They are the date, when the provider can order from OpenEIR. There can still be delays if there are problems with the build.

/M

Hopefully few delays here in our case when it comes to it either. Our own area in Monaghan seems to have finally come up with a date through the Airwire checker too, 7/11/2018. Can't wait to say goodbye to that 0.3Mbps upload speed let alone the download increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Are TLI doing the install work for Eir by any chance?
    Large amount of work being undertaken in my estate at the moment by TLI but always with an Eir van on site too.

banie01 wrote: »
    Are TLI doing the install work for Eir by any chance?
    Large amount of work being undertaken in my estate at the moment by TLI but always with an Eir van on site too.

Can be. TLI do infrastructure. Most certainly SIRO, but wouldn't wonder me, if they also do the same work for OpenEIR.

Is that an Eir van ... or an OpenEIR van you see on site ? Eir retail has nothing to do with the network build.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

noticed some TLI vans in Glounthaune in Cork also over a number of days, which makes me wonder why, as Siro isn't planned for the area, and there is already VDSL cabinets that service part of the town (a small part)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Can be. TLI do infrastructure. Most certainly SIRO, but wouldn't wonder me, if they also do the same work for OpenEIR.

Is that an Eir van ... or an OpenEIR van you see on site ? Eir retail has nothing to do with the network build.

/M

Well I know Siro is in the estates around me as the overhead ducting and junction boxes werr installed over the past few months.
    My own estate has no overhead cabling and isn't shown as live on Siro checker.
    I only noticed the "Eir" on the van if I remember right the open is a different font so I may have missed it. Will take a closer look tmrw.
    TLI are opening lots of footpaths in the area tho, similar level of openings to the water meter installs so it may be something else entirely.
    Will see if I can find out tmrw.

But I've been down for getting FTTH according to the map for a long time now. Last time it was updated back in June or so, it said Autumn/Winter 2018 and KN etc. have done all the signs of work preparing for FTTH.

I really hope their twitter is wrong in my case too.

I'm starting to think this might be right :(

I decided to check other houses that were "blue houses" on the eir map, that are outside the shaded green areas. They're all coming up as already available. Even houses miles outside the village :o

Has anyone here went from being on FTTC in a village to FTTH?

Has anyone here went from being on FTTC in a village to FTTH?

There are certainly cases, where houses are covered both by FTTH and FTTC. That's not uncommon at all.

FTTC was rolled out for the full 2km from the cab or exchange originally. As FTTH came along, it's down to 500m in most places for FTTC and then FTTH from there.

/M

There are certainly cases, where houses are covered both by FTTH and FTTC. That's not uncommon at all.

FTTC was rolled out for the full 2km from the cab or exchange originally. As FTTH came along, it's down to 500m in most places for FTTC and then FTTH from there.

/M

You have me holding on to a thread of hope here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭michaelheno

I have just got in ftth I had fttc and I'd say I was just on the limit of 500m distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

South county Wexford has been worked on by contractors installing fiber for Eir the past few weeks. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

I'm a little confused by some of this. I live within about 120m of a cabinet that has gone live in Dublin 5, yet all of the testing sites I visit say that the only speeds available to me are up to 100Mbps. By my understanding, this is FTTC, yes?

If so, what do I need to do to get the 1000Mbps FTTH service, or is there anything I can do?

Advertisement