Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

The recently put down a cable past this location just off the Dublin Trim road near Kiltale.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=53.521544,-6.650197&spn=0.001228,0.003484&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.521618,-6.650079&panoid=UMuARTD6-UbzBXwwfGqrsg&cbp=12,14.75,,0,0.8

I noticed yesterday that the old green cabinet has a hole dug next to it, possibly for the placement of a new cabinet.

This is not close enough to my home unfortunately, however the same fibre passes another old cabinet close to my home. So I'm hoping that a precedent will be set for installing cabinets in rural areas where the fibre happens to pass en route anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 doogydna

Added:

1: Gort Road, Ennis, Co. Clare
    2: Cluain Dara, Clonmacken, Ennis Road, Limerick. (about 50m from my house, oh joy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭davehey79

added the loaction here http://goo.gl/maps/vSEFi
    also attached a pic of it. a lot of activity with cabinet / eircom work around town lately i must take a drive around and snap some more. lots of work happening at the head of the entrance to oakvale / social welfare offices on the balinalee road at the lights

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 bluescorpion

Eircom guys still cabling in Mayfield, Cork city suburbs, new cabinet across from Mayfield Garda station. Moving down towards Tivoli direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

AFAIK the 22 cabinets proposed for Enniscorthy are now in situ.There's currently workmen putting in ducting for power at the one opposite Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

It looks like Phases 1 - 4 have seen plenty of activity already. Is anyone aware of work having started on a Phase 5 location yet? Would be interesting to see when work on this phase starts since it's not due for completion until Dec 2014. Am kinda hoping with all the good progress KN Networks have been making so far, that there might be a possibility of work beginning on the phase 5 locations this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

allen175 wrote: »
    i think i seen spongebob say that they get a certain amount shipped in every now and then, they might have to be setup in by techs before they get shipped to the locations.

I know that in my area 3 working days after plinth was layed, the cabs were put in.

You were right about 3-4 working days. I've just walked past a fresh new cabinet up at the top of my estate. :D

Edit: Photos added for todays cabinets that were installed and a new cabinet found.

-Greystones - GRS - R761/Church Lane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

doogydna wrote: »
    Added:

2: Cluain Dara, Clonmacken, Ennis Road, Limerick. (about 50m from my house, oh joy!)

Here? http://goo.gl/maps/qhT4n [i know where it is now, thanks google street!]

Deffo didnt see that, no feckin idea where that place is!....i couldnt find Corbally!!! :(

Found another unmapped cab: http://goo.gl/maps/QvzoZ - ara ya fecker!, i never went down that road, ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Any one know if any of these cabinets are in palmerstown D20, there are 4 cabinets on woodfarm drive 2 at the junction to kennelsfort road and 2 just around the corner on woodfarm drive.

Also i am with magnet will i get anything from this with them, wondering because i saw an old picture about the fiber roll out and in the pic was the ceo of eircom and the ceo of magnet.

cuppa wrote: »
    Any one know if any of these cabinets are in palmerstown D20, there are 4 cabinets on woodfarm drive 2 at the junction to kennelsfort road and 2 just around the corner on woodfarm drive.

Also i am with magnet will i get anything from this with them, wondering because i saw an old picture about the fiber roll out and in the pic was the ceo of eircom and the ceo of magnet.

https://www.magnet.ie/fatpipe/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Just uploaded a new VDSL cabinet location on the map it's at the entrance to cairn woods mallow Co cork

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

curious; there are no cabinets at all around my estate in Dublin that I can find, I've had a good look and there are lots of old P&T ground covers along the side of the road but no cabinets that I can see. There is a real old gray one in the neighbouring estate which was built before ours (ours was built in the early early 70's) and there is a more modern late 80's early 90's estate on the other side of us and again no cabinets that I can see. Are they just well disguised or is there some underground thing going on instead of cabs or are they just very well disguised?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lykke

New VDSL cabinet added to map http://goo.gl/maps/lqqON

Entrance to Mount Carmel opposite college orchard , Newbridge Co. Kildare

Fair bit of work going on in the area KN were dropping in ducting and fibre this week
    heading out towards Milltown

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Two more from Leixlip;

Oaklwan Estate, near the Louisa Bridge
    http://goo.gl/maps/KWDcl

252272.jpg

On the 1st bend in Ryevale Lawns, West entrance
    http://goo.gl/maps/tHRmQ

252273.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Eircom guys still cabling in Mayfield, Cork city suburbs, new cabinet across from Mayfield Garda station. Moving down towards Tivoli direction.
    There was one existing in the entrance to Silvercourt which is right next to the one you added. Is that possibly the same one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭clohamon

Four more in Cavan. No labels. I wonder if they're alive.

clohamon wrote: »
    Four more in Cavan. No labels. I wonder if they're alive.

Cyborgs? :P No. They aren't "alive" but they will be up n' running most likely on the 20th. Have you seen any Eircom people blowing the fibre? We've a few cabinets in place but I don't think Eircom will come along until all the sub ducting and the cabinets are all place by KN network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

The sub ducting and fibre is 95% of the time is in place and waiting for the plinth and cab, the biggest problem on the cab site's is getting a power supply to them , which can take a lot of civil's such as road crossing's , opening footpath's and reinstatement's etc.

The sub ducting and fibre is 95% of the time is in place and waiting for the plinth and cab, the biggest problem on the cab site's is getting a power supply to them , which can take a lot of civil's such as road crossing's , opening footpath's and reinstatement's etc.

Hmmm, I didn't see Eircom doing any of the fibre yet. The KN engineer I spoke to said Eircom would be doing the fibre blowing after they had finished the ducting. So do they come along and do stretches of areas?

Yes , KN pull in the sub duct and then Eircom lad's blow the fibre. Depending on if the route is fully ducted and complete , some route's may need civil's if there are blockage's in the u/g duct's. I was talking to lad's one of the day's about 2 week's ago and they were going down to Greystones the following day to blow fibre.

• Advertisement

Yes , KN pull in the sub duct and then Eircom lad's blow the fibre. Depending on if the route is fully ducted and complete , some route's may need civil's if there are blockage's in the u/g duct's. I was talking to lad's one of the day's about 2 week's ago and they were going down to Greystones the following day to blow fibre.

Well the lads who were at the top of my estate said something about our cabinet not being available till late June/(early)July. Would that be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

What type of speed can I expect to get.I've attached roughly where I am on the map.

Thanks

Red , all the phase 4 area's are really well advanced , I'm up in north co Dublin ,the cab's are flying in here too , my finger's are crossed for late June/(early)July as you say.
    Even though the completion date is Dec , some phase 5 area's are equally advanced as well,it's really hard to keep track.The initial target was for the Dec deadline to be advanced by 3 month's , this has now been well surpassed by staff , and now look's like coming in an amazing 6 month's ahead of deadline.
    In a nutshell , yes late June/(early)July but as all way's we will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I was out walking today and noticed this planning application in Clontarf, Dublin. I assume its to do with the fibre roll out even though we are not meant to be upgraded until late next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭user1842

Added to more cabs to Ballina

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

I am 1.1 Km away from nearest cab - does that mean I will not be able to get any improvement over my existing 4Mb Dsl?

I seen some articles quoting distance of up to 5Km with VDSL2 in the Uk, but Eircom seems to suggest 1Km is the limit...?

I am 1.1 Km away from nearest cab - does that mean I will not be able to get any improvement over my existing 4Mb Dsl?

I seen some articles quoting distance of up to 5Km with VDSL2 in the Uk, but Eircom seems to suggest 1Km is the limit...?

I think you could get the service but it would be like getting similar to ADSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Well theoretically you should get about 15Mb/s at that distance but other factors come into play like the quality of the line etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lykke

Added Byrnes Cross , Newbridge , Co Kildare

http://goo.gl/maps/AJImQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Added a few more photos to the markers around Sutton, the cab on Dublin street got a new top added to it during the week. Also added 2 more cabs in Belmayne.

added before and after to the Dublin Street cabs.

Advertisement