Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

does anyone know when the motor tax office is being relocated to the old UDC offices? and if they will bring extra staff with them!?

I spent nearly an hour in there today to tax business vehicle, to find they only had 2 hatches open & about 50 people waiting! They are not even dealing with drivers licences in there anymore, yet the queue was longer & they had less staff on! The response I got when I sent a message to the council was the rest of staff were dealing with postal applications! ridiculous!

And it was roasting in there too! I used to do my own private car online to avoid this, but with commercial vehicles you have to bring certain documents to renew! Very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    does anyone know when the motor tax office is being relocated to the old UDC offices? and if they will bring extra staff with them!?

I spent nearly an hour in there today to tax business vehicle, to find they only had 2 hatches open & about 50 people waiting! They are not even dealing with drivers licences in there anymore, yet the queue was longer & they had less staff on! The response I got when I sent a message to the council was the rest of staff were dealing with postal applications! ridiculous!

And it was roasting in there too! I used to do my own private car online to avoid this, but with commercial vehicles you have to bring certain documents to renew! Very annoying!

Try going in just before they close, I've always found they seem to find another gear then but can't beat online facility if available

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Try going in just before they close, I've always found they seem to find another gear then but can't beat online facility if available

I went in around 2.50 & didn't leave until almost 3.45! They opened a 3rd hatch around 3.30pm...which I noticed is when they close the door!! I had to do a commercial vehicle tax, which I don't think you can do online as we have to show our VRT cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I went in around 2.50 & didn't leave until almost 3.45! They opened a 3rd hatch around 3.30pm...which I noticed is when they close the door!! I had to do a commercial vehicle tax, which I don't think you can do online as we have to show our VRT cert!

50% of the staff are probably on holidays this week. 30% are off sick. And 10% are on the "Buy the Children's School Uniform" leave day. That's why there was only 2 employees there. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

BPKS wrote: »
    50% of the staff are probably on holidays this week. 30% are off sick.

Is there a distinction? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Or you could just have posted your application in the Motor Tax office post box and they would have posted your tax certificate out the following day.

shergar22 wrote: »
    Or you could just have posted your application in the Motor Tax office post box and they would have posted your tax certificate out the following day.

I could have, but I had to give them something they needed for commercial vehicles & it was easier to do it in person than to post it & be told I was missing something else & delay it even more!

My point is that they don't have enough staff there & not everyone wants to post it or can do it online, especially if they are not sure they have everything the need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Ambulance outside Hennessey's on Castle St for quite a long time from 6 onwards, taking their time assessing someone and before transferring them to the ambulance, hope all ends well for the person involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ambulance outside Hennessey's on Castle St for quite a long time from 6 onwards, taking their time assessing someone and before transferring them to the ambulance, hope all ends well for the person involved.

Was it someone in the bar they were taking or from the street?

Did another ambulance go there around 6.20? I saw another go that direction around then. Hopefully nothing too serious.

• Advertisement

Lidl reopened today after it's refurb! I saw they had done up the car park when I drove by on Sunday. Looked smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭phormium

Oh good, was just wondering today when they were re-opening.

Did another ambulance go there around 6.20? I saw another go that direction around then. Hopefully nothing too serious.

It prob wasn't the same ambulance, it still hadn't left at 6.30 when I was passing back.
    I don't believe it was a customer, seemed to be a concerned group around the person, but I don't know anything more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Lidl reopened today after it's refurb! I saw they had done up the car park when I drove by on Sunday. Looked smart.

They'll have to do something with that junction. It's being shared by lidl and aspengrove and in the evenings it's absolute carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

guys need to get my licence re-new do l go upstairs in manor west?? and do l need an appointment??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 traleeblowin

Do you mean Dog, Gun, Television, or Driving License ?

guys need to get my licence re-new do l go upstairs in manor west?? and do l need an appointment??

I am not 100% sure of where its located, but I think you go upstairs where the restaurant is in Manor & then go down towards the toilets in the hallway, but not sure where it is from there as i haven't been in there yet.

I had a look at the website & it looks like you have the option to book if you want, but I'm not totally sure if you have to book or if you can just turn up!
    http://www.ndls.ie/en/Online-Services/ndls-booking-service.html

If anyone has been through this, then let us know how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Its upstairs in the restaurant area in the Manor West .. towards the far left as you get to the top of the stairs..

Ideally you want an appointment, but if you just turn up then you may have to be prepared to wait and they will try and see you in between appointments if they have space.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

AFAIK you need an appointment. I heard tell yesterday of someone's daughter who had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Wow! I drove through Tralee this am. The Town looks extremely well, with fantastic floral displays, highlighted by the morning sunshine. UDC building is ablaze with blooms of every colour.Congratulations to everyone involved in making the town look so bright and cheerful. Go raibh maith agat !

Congratulations also to Ciarrai on her recent promotion to Moderator.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Summer.:)

• Advertisement

Free electrical recycling tomorrow, Saturday 9th Aug from 10am - 4pm at the Mart. Anything with a plug can be recycled!

A lot of Hitachi units being dropped up by bright red faces tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It's a "personal massager" I swear!

• Site Banned Posts: 6 xupe 6048 essy

Re the Brogue
    Had some great nights there in the late 90's early 00's when they got DJ's in and a late bar & the crowd got a bit younger.
    Nice to hear it's open again. Used to work there in the early 2000's myself. It'll always have a place in my heart, yip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Congratulations to all the athletes who participated in this event today.

Thank you to the event managers , sponsors and supporters who helped make the event something special.

Fabulous weather in a special location also added to the occasion.

Best wishes to the winners .

Thank you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Thanks for the replies everyone...what time does the place open?? 9am??

Thanks for the replies everyone...what time does the place open?? 9am??

it says 9am on the website

http://www.ndls.ie/en/about-us/where-are-the-new-ndls-centres.html

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIFA2004

Hey!
    Anybody know where I might be able to get a phone screen replaced in town?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

FIFA2004 wrote: »
    Hey!

thanks!

Try Phone Depot

https://www.facebook.com/simtechtralee
    http://www.phonedepot.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

FIFA2004 wrote: »
    Hey!

thanks!

The polish guy opposite Darcys restaurant in Barrack lane is brilliant. He did my screen while I waited and its as good as new.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement