Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I spotted in Ger Carmody's window that the Tralee Central hotel (formerly the Abbeygate) has a 'sale agreed' on it!

That was quick! It needs a serious revamp if its to reopen as a hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

I believe the local ladies of the night put in a bid as it was cheaper than renting the rooms
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Does anyone know if the coin counting machine is still there in Supervalu in town?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The street lights for the Rose of Tralee festival have already started to go up! It's only a month away now!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Does anyone know if the coin counting machine is still there in Supervalu in town?
    PM me, I'll do it for only 5% :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Can anyone recommend a beauty salon that applys good fake tan, non streaky or too orange etc........in town or outside...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Can anyone recommend a beauty salon that applys good fake tan, non streaky or too orange etc........in town or outside...

I never get fake tan, so not sure where is best, but there are so many beauty salon's in Tralee that there are plenty to choose from! Maybe Expose up in Mounthawk, Caherslee - next to Topaz. I used to go there when it was Elle Beauty, and Expose have now taken it over.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I never get fake tan...
    So I have to look for a naturally tanned lady around my neighbourhood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

Would everyone mind keeping an eye out for a lost dog. A small red fox terrier called Sandy.
    She went missing from The Kerries area at around 9pm last night and her owner is worried sick.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

snams wrote: »

No shortage around this town!

• Advertisement

encore1 wrote: »
    Would everyone mind keeping an eye out for a lost dog. A small red fox terrier called Sandy.
    She went missing from The Kerries area at around 9pm last night and her owner is worried sick.
    Thanks
    That was posted on Tralee Lost & Found.
    Hope the pet will show up as I heard some horrific stories from around the town that some people are in the business of snatching small dogs to sell them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

That was posted on Tralee Lost & Found.
    Hope the pet will show up as I heard some horrific stories from around the town that some people are in the business of snatching small dogs to sell them on.

Ah ffs what is wrong with people?! Its not my dog but I hope she's found. Its always terrible for the owner when a pet goes missing

Yep, still there

definitely not naturally tanned, never will be, just don't feel the need to put fake tan on!:cool:

No shortage around this town!

not sure its natural though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

encore1 wrote: »
    Thanks

Hiya sorry to hear bout your lost dog :/ you should try messaging the following animal rescue centres on FB, l always see posts of people looking for their missing dogs....maybe even try putting a notice into radio kerry classified adds also

https://www.facebook.com/PawsAnimalRescueIreland?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Animal-Help-Net-Kerry/301915546512709?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/aharlostandfoundandrehomingpage.ie?fref=ts

Hope shes found safe and well very soon:(

No confirmation of this yet so this is just something I heard. But I understand that the person identified by Gardai in the likes of the Sunday World on a regular basis as the leading drugs dealer in Kerry with connections to a Limerick gang (and numerous convictions) was found dead this morning of a suspected heart attack, aged circa 40. I actually saw him late last week so its hard to believe that he died of a heart attack at 40.

I'll refrain from naming the person until there is some confirmation.

kn wrote: »
    No confirmation of this yet so this is just something I heard. But I understand that the person identified by Gardai in the likes of the Sunday World on a regular basis as the leading drugs dealer in Kerry with connections to a Limerick gang (and numerous convictions) was found dead this morning of a suspected heart attack, aged circa 40. I actually saw him late last week so its hard to believe that he died of a heart attack at 40.

I'll refrain from naming the person until there is some confirmation.

yeah heard that yesterday evening, so apparently its true. I don't know him, but I had heard all about him.

No need to name him, but his funeral was announced tonight.
    Hard to feel sorry for someone who thrived on bringing misery to other people's lives.

I wonder do many here remember Jackie "Gaffer" Sheehy? He passed away recently & will be buried tomorrow.

I wonder do many here remember Jackie "Gaffer" Sheehy? He passed away recently & will be buried tomorrow.

Hadn't seen him around town for ages. Where was he hanging out the last few years? Its amazing he lasted this long between the amputation and all his organs shot to bits on drink.

• Advertisement

No need to name him, but his funeral was announced tonight.
    Hard to feel sorry for someone who thrived on bringing misery to other people's lives.

wow, I thought he died years ago! Oh I remember him well! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

Thats some thunderstorm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

g1983d wrote: »
    Thats some thunderstorm

At least 50-60 flashes in 90 minutes and a load of thunder too...it was brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭acequion

kn wrote: »
    Hadn't seen him around town for ages. Where was he hanging out the last few years? Its amazing he lasted this long between the amputation and all his organs shot to bits on drink.

I remember him very well too and also thought he'd died years back.Where's he been these past few years?

unkymo wrote: »
    At least 50-60 flashes in 90 minutes and a load of thunder too...it was brilliant!!

wasn't able to sleep & was watching it out my window for ages! Amazing how frequent & loud it was! there were bottles of perfume on my dresser rattling with the thunder!! Saw a few forks in the sky, it was pretty cool though! It seems like a lot of people were up watching it!

acequion wrote: »
    I remember him very well too and also thought he'd died years back.Where's he been these past few years?

He'd been in a home in Killarney for the last 4-5 years

Had a look inside The Brogue today, all hands to the pumps & feverish activity, but it's taking shape inside. Will be open for business on Tuesday

Had a look inside The Brogue today, all hands to the pumps & feverish activity, but it's taking shape inside. Will be open for business on Tuesday

it will be great to see the doors open again! Best of luck to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I loved the old sawdust, rough and ready Brogue from years ago. I was never mad about the upgrade about 10 years ago - very bland, suburban lounge type feel. I hope this latest re-incarnation impresses - it will be good having a new venue for nightlife in Tralee. I wonder will they have a late bar at the weekend?

• Advertisement

Opening pushed back to Wednesday I think, it's looking well, may try & sneak a pic if I am in there later ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement