Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No probs. Just forward to me. Admins can't read PMs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

the town is looking great with all the flowers and painted shops etc! they even repainted the road markings in the town centre!

Lets hope that we get an award in the Entente Florale!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pockyrin

Just wanted to share two things for animal lovers.

There's a peaceful protest outside the circus in fels point sat+sun the 2nd and 3rd of august at 1.30pm. It's to protest the use of exotic animals like tigers and their cramped living conditions. Peaceful protests help get the word out there, but if anyone has county council connections they should definitely bend peoples ears. Councils in South Dublin, Drogheda, Mongahan, Wicklow, Arklow, Waterford and Clonakilty have already banned circuses that use animal acts, it would be a good step towards modern and progressive thinking for Tralee to join them.

Also I love a good bargain and supporting a good cause, they are both coming together in a new charity shop opening near the radio kerry building. It opens wednesday 6th August. The guy opening it rehomes and fosters unwanted husky dogs. They were the fashionable dog to have a year ago but now it seems a lot of the year old dogs are getting dumped now they aren't cute puppies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

apparently the old Denny factory site is to become a market area according to the Kerry's eye! They are planning it for the development of a farmers market amongst other things. Sounds like a nice idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    apparently the old Denny factory site is to become a market area according to the Kerry's eye! They are planning it for the development of a farmers market amongst other things. Sounds like a nice idea

Ahm.......moderator?.......sweet jebus! The lunatics are running the asylum! :)
    Congrats !

• Advertisement

Ahm.......moderator?.......sweet jebus! The lunatics are running the asylum! :)
    Congrats !

:D thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

:D thanks!!

Congrats and good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Only after spotting that now as well Ciarrai,congrats.

Quick question where is Del hanging out these days? He hasn't posted on this thread in a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Quick question where is Del hanging out these days? He hasn't posted on this thread in a while.

He's on a round the world yacht trip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

He's on a round the world yacht trip!

Blowing enough hot air to propel said yacht. Haven't posted in here in I don't know how long..

• Advertisement

Has anyone noticed the state of the house up across from McDonalds? It's windows are all smashed, it's an eyesore now & a bad impression for people arriving into tralee! Wonder if the council will insist on something being done to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

Does anyone know if there's any place in Kerry that does car mapping/egr deleting etc? Properly I might add.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Yes, but what have you spotted?? Im confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Congrats............ Ciarrai76

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Congrats Ciarrai76! An excellent choice for Mod. Always great with the Tralee updates particularly, for us exiles!!! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Congrats Ciarrai

thanks guys! :) hopefully I can do a good job ;)

thanks guys! :) hopefully I can do a good job ;)

Just wait until 1 or 2 of the regulars come back, then you'll earn your wages! ;)

Just wait until 1 or 2 of the regulars come back, then you'll earn your wages! ;)

I'm well able ;)

I'm well able ;)

There will be more yellow & red cards flying around than a Kerry v Dublin final !

• Advertisement

There will be more yellow & red cards flying around than a Kerry v Dublin final !

speaking of football, did anyone travel up to Croker yesterday for the quarter final? Great to be in another semi-final, fingers crossed we can do it! I wasn't expecting to get this far this year, but who knows, we might actually be bringing Sam home this year!! Eamonn Fitzmaurice has done a good job, no better man too! I went to school with him and his dad was one of my teachers. They are a nice family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Is Andrew Morrissey back on radio Kerry? I just got used to him on spin in the early hours. Delighted he's back if he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Aimeee wrote: »
    Is Andrew Morrissey back on radio Kerry? I just got used to him on spin in the early hours. Delighted he's back if he is!

Yep. Morning show, replacing Brian Purcell

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

where is Brian Purcell gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Where's Brian Purcell off to? It's he moving out of radio or onto another station?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Has Brian gone back working with Bill ?

Andrew didn't stay long at Spin,good to hear he is back with Radio Kerry though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I'm well able ;)

Can you claim expenses for that whip I seen you buy in that shop off Rock St this morning? :eek:

kn wrote: »
    Can you claim expenses for that whip I seen you buy in that shop off Rock St this morning? :eek:

not sure, must look into that! :D

kn wrote: »

Only if she includes the furry handcuffs also
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

I discovered that unlike Tralee some places don't have pre-mapped penis shaped routes, and people have to make up their own !

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/06/runner-nike-san-francisco-penis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement