Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Man Wounded by Israeli Soldier. (rubber bullet)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Siuin wrote: »
    And boards descends into its usual biased rhetoric :rolleyes: It's impossible to compare Catholics in America to Jews in Israel- they have completely different histories, different citizenship laws and tbh using such an example givenis pretty telling of how little people here actually understand of the situation in Israel.

But yes, continue to chase your tails- I have packing to do for a flight to Israel tomorrow morning :)

yeah we have noooooooooo idea!the situation is just so complicated that you have to be jewish, persecuted and living under threat from vicious muslims to understand. i mean after all, what would us Irish know about colonisation and it's effects right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

And boards descends into its usual biased rhetoric :rolleyes: It's impossible to compare Catholics in America to Jews in Israel- they have completely different histories, different citizenship laws and tbh using such an example givenis pretty telling of how little people here actually understand of the situation in Israel.

But yes, continue to chase your tails- I have packing to do for a flight to Israel tomorrow morning :)

Is a Galway man not 'your people' also? Being that is you are Irish.

What makes him a 'loser'?

In fairness, I get a distinct odour of hypocrisy from your posts in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Nodin wrote: »
    O - look who it is. Do please quote where I referred to anyone as evil.

This contains what the IDF does,aids and abets.

http://www.btselem.org/list_of_topics

So we can take it you don't really think the IDF are all evil...is it perhaps only 1%.....50% ...or..?

Post #152 ?
    Nodin: I never understood the notion that there should be "balance". One side is colonising the other, colonialism=evil and that's that, really. I don't give a ****e whether its indonesians or Israelis doing it.

Ah sorry Petal,I did'nt mean to rain on your parade :rolleyes:

Mind you I can see you do have an antipathy towards all this oul "Balance" stuff,so both of our imbalances will most likely balance each other out in the end....?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The army is merely a tool of the government- the government decides what agenda to pursue and they simply deal with it. I find it so amusing how you can be so damning of Israel while only a few posts ago dismissed Hamas' actions of using violence to achieve their aims as 'perfectly valid.' Just goes to show the sickening double standard which exists for people like you.

As I explained earlier, colonialism and expansionism is an outdated and immoral concept with no place in the modern world. Thus its unnacceptable, as is any means put towards it, seemingly harmless or otherwise.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83937498&postcount=154

Aleksmart wrote:
    Ah sorry Petal,I did'nt mean to rain on your parade

Grasping at straws as usual?

So colonialism isn't evil? Fascinating. Do please explain this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭G Power

These eejits claims to be protesting 'peacefully' - not possible to do that in Ireland too? Probably won't make you famous, though :rolleyes:

he's a very busy protestor in Galway actually, pity there's still so few of us doing it though, if we had a bit more support from everyone we'd all be in a much better position than we're in right now

• Advertisement

G Power wrote: »
    he's a very busy protestor in Galway actually, pity there's still so few of us doing it though, if we had a bit more support from everyone we'd all be in a much better position than we're in right now

Maybe,just maybe,those who could be supporting all the protesting are equally "very busy" doing other stuff....working ,perhaps ?

If the people want to support ye they will,if they don't they won't. :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maybe you could explain to me how the Jews who suffered so much at the hands of the Nazis can now heap such cruelty on the Palestinians? Have they learned nothing?

Nodin wrote: »
    As I explained earlier, colonialism and expansionism is an outdated and immoral concept with no place in the modern world. Thus its unnacceptable, as is any means put towards it, seemingly harmless or otherwise.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83937498&postcount=154

Grasping at straws as usual?

So colonialism isn't evil? Fascinating. Do please explain this.

Very few straws left intact after you've finished graspin your self,Nodin.

All this talk about Colonialism (Big C of course) being outdated and immoral is all well and good,as long as you add ...In MY Opinion etc etc...?

Ye asked where ye referred to people as Evil and ye got a response,or was it a different kind of "Evil" you meant ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Very few straws left intact after you've finished graspin your self,Nodin.

All this talk about Colonialism (Big C of course) being outdated and immoral is all well and good,as long as you add ...In MY Opinion etc etc...?

Ye asked where ye referred to people as Evil and ye got a response,or was it a different kind of "Evil" you meant ?

So everyone who partakes in furthering an evil system is evil? News to me. I'd no idea that 100% of Russians, Brits, Germans etc were so easily categorised.

And no, its not "in my opinion" that colonialism is an outdated and immoral concept. Are you saying that it isn't? Or are you just blathering on for the sake of it in the vague hope of getting a dig in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The more internationals butt into the conflict, the more convinced Israel will become that the world is against them and the more they will exist upon flying in the face of international opinion.
    their doing that anyway, infact they started doing that years ago, the only reason israel has support from anyone over its war crimes is because governments are afraid they will be accused of being anti-jewish for not supporting them, theirs to many vested interests as well forcing governments to give some support to the war laurds/blood hounds in israel.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement