Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Clean as a whistle that KO..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭ebbsy

That Nigel Benn fight certainly won't happen, these things never get off the ground.

I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Really looking forward to Spence vs Porter later.
    Benavidez vs Direll is also a good undercard fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

Anybody know what the craic is with the boxing on Channel 5? Should be on now but theres something else on instead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Benavidez vs Direll is also a good undercard fight.

It's been shown on sky right?

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    It's been shown on sky right?

Yep 407 Skysports action.
    Have it on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten all about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

2-2 so far. Brilliant fight. Proper dog fight which suits Porter.

5-5 incredible fight. Inspired stuff from Porter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

what a ****ing scrap

• Advertisement

Three terrible cards but Spence right winner.

Actually like them making Spence-Danny next. Spence finally in with a decent puncher.

And anyone picking Spence to beat Crawford is on drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

this is kinda an example of why i detest rematch clauses in world title fights so much.....joshua does not deserve an immediate rematch with ruiz.........porter (and i am not calling him the winner here) deserves a rematch, but chances he wont get it, i hope he does.

That’s a fight of the year contender.
    I actually had Porter winning most of the early rounds. I can see how the judges could have scored it either way.

Looking forward to the Garcia fight.

Good fight..

Didn’t score it, but overall the cleaner work and more effective work was from Spence..

Very difficult to both look good, and look clean and clear against the unpredictable whirlwind style of Porter..

I thought Danny Garcia handled Porter better....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

What a terrific fight between two credible Champions.

Some of the undercard was live here on FS1 before kicking into PPV. Caught the Guerrero fight and while he is well past his best the two time World Champion showed all his experience clearly winning almost all of the rounds against a very limited but awkward club fighter who sells shower equipment as his real job!

What was curious was while they were reading out the scorecards they cut it off and went to ads and then straight to college ball!!

Just got back in time for the main event as was at a wedding and saw most of it and what an engaging showpiece. Porter showed Spence he was his best opponent to date and while he came up short he has earned the respect he gravely desires. Spence had said beforehand that his skill set was superior which is true but Porter rightfully got in his face. The third round was non stop with both trading huge shots and the pace never relented which is testament to their fitness and heart.

Having seen Spence demolish local boy Lamont Peterson what stood for me was the accuracy his punches and against Porter this is what got him the decision. The vicious left in the penultimate round rubber-stamped it IMO.

The post fight press conference was full of respect, which is so so important in the African American community here, until Porter piped up about PPV and it all went downhill after that. The ex Champion kept repeating rematch but Spence against Danny Garcia next was the word until Spence came out yesterday saying he would be up for a rematch. Interesting times ahead in a great weight division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Tyrone McCulloch doing quite well here, lots of good movement

But my god he has one of the most unusual styles ever

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

gwalk wrote: »
    Tyrone McCulloch doing quite well here, lots of good movement

But my god he has one of the most unusual styles ever

His style would seem more common in the amateurs before 2013....because that's what was effective in winning those 'human fencing' contests. He never adapted much after they changed the scoring system, and he still hasn't adapted now he's gone pro.

He's an excellent fighter with loads of ability, but this style won't be good enough to beat the better guys in this competition, never mind anyone who's actually at World level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

jaysus this irish announcer is ridiculous. A buddy of Kinahans im guessing. See MTK plastered everywhere.

Was David Oliver Joyce on yet?

• Advertisement

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Was David Oliver Joyce on yet?

No he will be on last,

Its going by reverse order of the picks the other day

McCullough
    Dickens
    Walsh
    Joyce

Blanco100 wrote: »
    jaysus this irish announcer is ridiculous. A buddy of Kinahans im guessing. See MTK plastered everywhere.

Goes out with McGregor's sister I think

Reckons liverpool is in Belfast as well the tool

love skys tale of the tape.

DOJ supposedly taller with reach advantage. Absolutely no way

Joyce dropped, looks a bit out of his depth, still early

Shows you this amateur pedigree means absolutely sweet f all

This wont last the 10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Derevyanchenko was a warrior last night, dropped and split open early in the first 2 rounds but didn't stop right up to the end. Anyone but triple g would have gone down from that left to the body that had him wobbled, he targeted the body for the rest of the fight then which worked great.

Joe Ward knee injury was such bad luck, hard to watch as well. Would have thought they'd rule it a no contest.

Derevyanchenko was a warrior last night, dropped and split open early in the first 2 rounds but didn't stop right up to the end. Anyone but triple g would have gone down from that left to the body that had him wobbled, he targeted the body for the rest of the fight then which worked great.

Joe Ward knee injury was such bad luck, hard to watch as well. Would have thought they'd rule it a no contest.

NC never awarded for injuries that are nothing to do with the opponent, or fairly/legally to do with opponent; like a cut or some other injury caused by legal punches from the opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Triple G is definitely on the wane. No way was he ever going to lose that fight with the trilogy to be made.

I really hope we see Saunders in a meaningful fight soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Triple G is definitely on the wane. No way was he ever going to lose that fight with the trilogy to be made.

I really hope we see Saunders in a meaningful fight soon.

Yea I think so too. It's just not sustainable getting hit that much. He seemed to get tagged an awful lot in that fight.

Was impressed with Saunders against Leameux but he's been frustrating since with the lack of activity against anyone of note. I know he wants the money fight with Canelo but I'd like to see how he measures up against someone like Jacobs.

Advertisement