Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Campbell doing better than I expected. If he gets 2 of the last 3 it'll be interesting to see how it goes.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

in fairness to Campbell hes one of british fighters who deservedly won his olympic gold ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 54,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Trying his ass off, but just not rough, tough, or rugged enough. Just not real pro material...very predictable. Does an amount of things and that’s it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

That'll be that, great round from Loma

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Got boxed in the belly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

68 power punches and 31 landed by Loma in round 11, unreal stamina on him

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

No holds barred in Moscow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Surely Campbell should have got docked a point in the last.

In fairness to him he showed amazing heart. Very entertaining fight.

FFS, Macklin. May be Best there's ever been...?

Campbell would last all of a few rds against a heap of LWs down the years...

Loma won, but for me it was nothing exceptional. He seemed more disjointed tonight than I have ever seen..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Say what you want about McGuigans tactical nous as a coach, but he must be a world class operator when it comes to conditioning.

That was a gutsy of an effort as you will ever see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

As if to say don't dare think about trying to try do me out of this fight, Loma went into overdrive them last 2 rounds. A clinic.

What ever happened with the McGuigan vs Carl Frampton case, I thought that was meant to be making headlines in May of this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

walshb wrote: »
    As good as Loma looks against his foes today, I reckon the elites from the past, like Duran and Chavez at LW eat him up..

I agree to a point but Loma is really still a blown up featherweight. Campbell was 150lbs tonight and Loma 137.
    Duran and Cahvez were always big lightweights and grew up through the weights. Loma is 31 and is not growing.

Loma will drop back down and fight tank at 130 after he unifies. I think he will become vulnerable if he tries to move up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I thought lomachenko was coasting some of it. Was hit more than he expected, but when he was upped a gear and crushed Campbell’s spirit.
    His movement really is quality. Like neo from the mattix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

What ever happened with the McGuigan vs Carl Frampton case, I thought that was meant to be making headlines in May of this year?

It was pushed back following the passing of Barry's daughter

gwalk wrote: »

Oh thanks, I googled it a while back and didn't see anything. I didn't think that the courts would take that in to account, but maybe it will help to give them all a bit of perspective.

I agree to a point but Loma is really still a blown up featherweight. Campbell was 150lbs tonight and Loma 137.
    Duran and Cahvez were always big lightweights and grew up through the weights. Loma is 31 and is not growing.

Loma will drop back down and fight tank at 130 after he unifies. I think he will become vulnerable if he tries to move up.

Chavez was of similar size...5 feet 7 or so...and boxed at 130 for a period..

Anyway, not much size difference really..but I see your point.

Interesting to hear Arum talk about Loma going back down, but didn’t at all mention moving up..

Not sure where he goes. 135 and below, and for me, only Tank Davis is a threat. And that’s only a punchers’ threat..

walshb wrote: »
    Chavez was of similar size...5 feet 7 or so...and boxed at 130 for a period..

Anyway, not much size difference really..but I see your point.

Interesting to hear Arum talk about Loma going back down, but didn’t at all mention moving up..

Not sure where he goes. 135 and below, and for me, only Tank Davis is a threat. And that’s only a punchers’ threat..

I read today that Tank has vacated his 130lb belt and is moving up to 135....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Like others was sorry for Carl when he couldnt fight in Philly and thought it was just a regular accident when something hit his hand but this video shows he could have lost his life. Well within his rights to sue the hotel for the loss of earnings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtGiVCniVzY&list=PLZyPqYz41qavqJNPGST-PphPvdCej7IHC&index=21&t=0s

• Advertisement

Ksi vs Logan Paul on a matchroom show

Jesus ****ing christ

Jesus ****ing christ

BJS is supposed to be on the under-card

Jesus ****ing christ

BJS is supposed to be on the under-card

Is that Eddie's revenge for Billy calling him a prick or something on the flight that time Haha

Good to see Tennyson v Craig Evans added to the Taylor Prograis card

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The NC decision in the Edwards fight the other night was the right call but he got lucky imo Martinez was gonna bash him either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Like others was sorry for Carl when he couldnt fight in Philly and thought it was just a regular accident when something hit his hand but this video shows he could have lost his life. Well within his rights to sue the hotel for the loss of earnings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtGiVCniVzY&list=PLZyPqYz41qavqJNPGST-PphPvdCej7IHC&index=21&t=0s

Please give people a warning that the link you're posting relates to content from Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Frampton v Dogboe in the works for November. Brilliant fight that and big task for Frampton at this stage of his career.

If Carl has anything left he boxes circles around Dogboe. Naturally bigger as well. Dogboe can punch a bit, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Katie Taylors next fight is on November 2. Probably in York Hall.

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »
    Frampton v Dogboe in the works for November. Brilliant fight that and big task for Frampton at this stage of his career.

That’s a good fight alright. Dogboe was struggling to make SB.

Condon vs Nikitin in the same card apparently

Advertisement