Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I saw 12:05pm alright but is that walk out time?

I want to time it with lunch!

or by the way Inoue handles lads it could just be a quick poo break!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

fitzparker wrote: »
    I saw 12:05pm alright but is that walk out time?

I want to time it with lunch!

or by the way Inoue handles lads it could just be a quick poo break!!

i think thats the only fight they are showing, not the full card

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

i think that's the only fight they are showing, not the full card

Yeah I've read it is a fixed walk on time- there is another fight on the card- Inoue's younger brother is fighting for The WBC title in the same weight class.

What a great scrap for Thursday lunch hour. Inoue is a monster, Donaire will go down as a legend.

the best thing to come out of it is his confirmed move to top rank, this opens up alot and possibly a fight with lomo?? 130 maybe?

3 fights have been confirmed for next year on anyway

fitzparker wrote: »
    What a great scrap for Thursday lunch hour. Inoue is a monster, Donaire will go down as a legend.

the best thing to come out of it is his confirmed move to top rank, this opens up alot and possibly a fight with lomo?? 130 maybe?

3 fights have been confirmed for next year on anyway

Inoue vs Loma was rumoured at 126 a while back,

130 might be a bit of a stretch for Inoue considering hes at 118 now

• Advertisement

Would Loma get down to 126? i know he did in the past.

some great fights for Inoue if he moves up to featherweight. would love to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Wonder could Inoue and Conlon square off against each other next year. Both with top rank and Conlon will be looking for title fights in 2020. Doubt his advisors would let it happen.

Pighead wrote: »
    Wonder could Inoue and Conlon square off against each other next year. Both with top rank and Conlon will be looking for title fights in 2020. Doubt his advisors would let it happen.

Cant see uncle bob letting that happen to Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Cant see uncle bob letting that happen to Mick
    No, probably not. Will be interesting to see which route Conlon takes. You'd imagine he'll be fighting for a world title at some stage in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

Pighead wrote: »

While it would be a high profile fight that would be easy to sell I think this one goes terribly for Conlon. I just don't see a single thing Conlon could do to deter Inoue for very long or keep him off him.

I'd 100% watch for curiosity, but I don't see it being made tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

weemcd wrote: »
    While it would be a high profile fight that would be easy to sell I think this one goes terribly for Conlon. I just don't see a single thing Conlon could do to deter Inoue for very long or keep him off him.

I'd 100% watch for curiosity, but I don't see it being made tbh.

It's premier league vs division 2 at this stage. MC needs to show us what he can do first, and fighting who he has been, is not doing this.

If MC has a very good chin, and can fight hard at a hard pace against elite, then he has a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

walshb wrote: »
    If MC has a very good chin, and can fight hard at a hard pace against elite, then he has a chance...

Has he shown anything yet to suggest he might? I haven't noticed much myself, I think he'll be protected for a good while yet before he's really in with anyone dangerous.

weemcd wrote: »
    Has he shown anything yet to suggest he might? I haven't noticed much myself, I think he'll be protected for a good while yet before he's really in with anyone dangerous.

No. Has shown nothing yet...nothing to suggest he’s a world beater anyway.

I wouldn't put Conlan in with Donaire!!

Today puts Burnett into perspective. He was clearly beating Donaire until his back went

I wouldn'y put Conlan in with Donaire!!

Today put's Burnett into perspective. He was clearly eating Donaire until his back went

I thought the Burnett fight was close..Might need to rewatch it.

It only went a few rds..

Doesn’t say much for MCs chances at world level if a blown up bantam has-been is too dangerous...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

I wouldn't put Conlan in with Donaire!!

Today puts Burnett into perspective. He was clearly beating Donaire until his back went

I feel really sorry for Burnett. While it wasn't a cakewalk, I thought he was winning that and his skillset would always have given anybody problems. He had so much more to offer. What a waste.

I see BJS on tonight fighting another nobody!

walshb wrote: »
    I see BJS on tonight fighting another nobody!

Whole card is a shambles

Money making exercise to appease whiny teenagers that idolise youtubers

If any sane boxing fan pays for that event they have problems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

megadodge wrote: »
    I feel really sorry for Burnett. While it wasn't a cakewalk, I thought he was winning that and his skillset would always have given anybody problems. He had so much more to offer. What a waste.

There were rumours about Burnett carrying an injury into that fight, he looked a bit hampered to me in there (before the obvious end).
    However like you I felt he was getting the better of Donaire regardless.

Power and punch resistance may have made life tough as he went up in weight, but I think skill and speed alone would have seen him take more World titles.
    On the flip side he's managed to win multiple World titles and retire at a young age before he's took too many hard shots. He probably hasn't earned a crazy amount from the sport, but hopefully he has enough to start him on whatever road he wants to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

What injury forced him to call it a day? I know he did his back vrs Donaire but didn't hear if that was the reason he quit.

He also ended up in hospital after the unification fight, maybe there was a doubt after that fight? I think he had a brain scan?

• Advertisement

The Jono/Quigg fight is off. Quigg injured...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I hope to see Inoue in with Burnett (if he comes back) or Tete. Conlan shouldn't be put anywhere near him unless he's looking for a payday.

titan18 wrote: »
    I hope to see Inoue in with Burnett (if he comes back) or Tete. Conlan shouldn't be put anywhere near him unless he's looking for a payday.

Burnett won’t be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Wilder is 3/10 to knock Ortiz out on paddy power. I still think Ortiz could sneak a decision if he avoids that bomb this time, I think he's the tidier boxer as well but nobody on the planet is matching Wilders power right now.

It seems Canelo and Billy Joe Saunders have agreed a fight for 2020.

It seems Canelo and Billy Joe Saunders have agreed a fight for 2020.

That is a long time for three things to happen.

BJS to cheat, Canelo to cheat, BJS to be “injured.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Surprised BJS even wanted Canelo in the end, suppose he knows his unbeaten streak is gonna end soon and who better to lose it to than one of the best in the world, like Kell Brook with GGG, cashing in while he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Wilder is 3/10 to knock Ortiz out on paddy power. I still think Ortiz could sneak a decision if he avoids that bomb this time, I think he's the tidier boxer as well but nobody on the planet is matching Wilders power right now.

Sneaking a decision won't be possible for Ortiz imo. All 3 judges had Wilder up on the cards before the stoppage in their first fight. And that was after Ortiz putting in a very very good effort for the early rounds.

If it goes the distance and is in any way close Wilder will get the decision. So for Ortiz to win a decision he'll have to school him. I can't see him doing that.

Wilder KO win, Ortiz KO win or Wilder decision; in that order of probability imo.

I'm not expecting Ortiz to be as good this time around. He was ok in fight 1.

He was well in the fight...

But, I believe there is a vulnerability with Wilder's chin, and if Ortiz can land heavy, he could well score an upset. Heavy for the one type shot KO, or heavy, with a clinical follow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Wilder has always been a KO waiting to happen. He's been matched very well throughout his career and only taken tough fights in the last year or so. Ortiz is too old and had his chance the first time around. I reckon Wilder gets him out of there in the middle rounds without as many problems this time.

I keep reading this, and yet I dont think anyone has put him down as a pro?

Advertisement