Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

rob808 wrote: »
    Yea no point buying premium until they fix the game so 5 months then I say buy it.It just to buggy and then the lag and the maps are just ok the spawn system terrible when spawn on someone but you can't tell what happening ending in you dieding straight away happen me 3 time in a row.

But when your spawning on someone you get to see their view and can tell by the map if there are enemies around so it's not that bad. Just takes a bit of observation really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Probably a bit late to the game here, and haven't read the thread at all but just finished the single player this evening and holy crap it has to be the worst ending of any game I've every player, pure and utter sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sjmc

hi all, i know its a big ask but ill ask anyway. i prordered bf4 on ps3 with china rising dlc but after upgrading to ps4 the code will not transfer to ps4, so i am now told by EA.nowhere is this stated before or after release otherwise i would have pre ordered only for ps4. the EA battlefield twitter even stated when it was asked on nov1 that it would carry over.

anyway does anyone who has PREMIUM membership got a spare pre-order china rising code and is willing to give it away. pm if you are willing,
    many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

This is strange but I dont seem to be getting any of the bugs/crashes people are getting. The only issue im having is that the xp is not being counted all the time. That was an issue in bf3 for a long time aswell. Other than that I have the game over 1.5 weeks and ive crashed twice or 3 times, again even at the end battlefield 3 would crash for me the odd time too on ps3/xbox 360. Im playing on ps4, are people who are reporting issues on ps 3 or 4?

Another issue is the game is not quite balanced imo yet, too much op stuff and some under powered stuff aswell, but I presume thats because dice/ea are mainly working on stability issues, even though the games seems fairly stable for me on ps4 and pc now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Got kicked for team killing. Well f**king indicate who is on my team :rolleyes:
    What am I supposed to do? Recognize their faces? Stop them and ask?
    "Excuse me sir, would you kindly state which team you are fighting for, I'm not quite sure whether to put a bullet in your head or give you a med kit"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Still not launched the game, had it since Nov. 29th....lol, probably be a couple of months yet before it is playable, all the while the resale value and trade in value of the game is dropping like a stone......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

jenjenten wrote: »
    Still not launched the game, had it since Nov. 29th....lol, probably be a couple of months yet before it is playable, all the while the resale value and trade in value of the game is dropping like a stone......

On what platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I have an issue with battlelog,I get my code to come up on the app and I try to enter it on my ps4 but no keyboard pops up or anything so how do I enter the letters?

any ideas????

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

I'v noticed my campaign save is gone. Tried to continue, but theres only a new game option... fs..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I have an issue with battlelog,I get my code to come up on the app and I try to enter it on my ps4 but no keyboard pops up or anything so how do I enter the letters?

any ideas????

Any code I've seen so far has just been button presses (triangle, square, etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Any code I've seen so far has just been button presses (triangle, square, etc)

ta... I pressed in triangle 4 times and it worked....

I'v noticed my campaign save is gone. Tried to continue, but theres only a new game option... fs..
    I lost mine 3 times.

YET MORE problems.....this has become farce at this point :rolleyes:

:mad: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/12/30/battlefield-4-still-experiencing-connectivity-issues

YET MORE problems.....this has become farce at this point :rolleyes:

:mad: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/12/30/battlefield-4-still-experiencing-connectivity-issues
    I've not gone near it in about a week. I can't think of a worse release of a game than this. I see in that article they mention legal action and I really hope they get slapped with something.
    It might make them think twice about launching such a mess of a game in future, same goes for all developers.
    It's an industry where it's pretty unique in how unfinished something can be and still allowed to go on sale.
    You wouldn't pay full price for an album with a couple of songs missing from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone have tips for a first time battlefield player in multiplayer? So much going on at once, it's amazing! Although I am running around like a headless chicken :/

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Anyone have tips for a first time battlefield player in multiplayer? So much going on at once, it's amazing! Although I am running around like a headless chicken :/

Stick with it ..its hard at first but once you get the hang of it youll love it.

Dont worry about getting killed alot..this happens.

Dont play it like COD

If you can ,get some friends for a rip together.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Although I am running around like a headless chicken :/

1. Stop running around like a headless chicken.:P
    2. Kill the enemy.
    3. ???
    4. XP
    I'm the same.

Get on with a group of friends and have headsets and communicate/back each other up.

Possibly have a go at team deathmatch so you can get a feel for the guns and classes. Once familiar with these move up to rush/conquest and then learn as you go really. Its not about kills its about the objective. Its not impossible to top your teams scoreboard with the least kills. Play the objective

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Battlefield is all about the objective and helping your team achieve it. This may mean staying behind the front line and reviving attacking team mates, keeping a tank repaired that's making ground for you, teaming up to take out a troublesome threat in the air. Your exact role / priority changes with the situation in battlefield which is what makes it so interesting. Taking your kills is often just a side to that.

In general for the attacking modes like conquest / rush (attacking) take up a position and try hold it for a bit, if I seems clear then move on to your next objective. Play in groups and agree what your next objective is and push towards that as quick and safely as you can supporting each other on the way.

Be familiar with your classes additional abilities. That's the point of the classes, not the different guns you get, but the fact that a medic revives and provides cover, an engineers repairs and takes out vehicles, a recon spots and infiltrates, support is a great all rounder good on the front line and good in defence, just remember to drop the resupply bags.

When defending a position think like a COD player first; cover the corridors and the alleys, flanking is where ground troops will get you. where vehicles threaten work with team mates to take em out use your c4 n mines to build defence walls. Recon keep a spawn close to the target and spot **** to be jaysus. Hide if you like, relaxed attacker is a vulnerable attacker.

For a quick tip try using your chosen classes additional abilities more than your gun in a match and see how you get on. That is the main difference with battlefield and other fps's for me

Also Play The Fecking Objective (PTFO)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,238 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just started playing it myself a few days ago. I checked out a few tips and tricks videos on YouTube. One great and invaluable piece of advice is to Spot enemies. If you see an enemy in the distance but won't be able to get them yourself, aim at their location and press R1. It puts the Orange arrow over their head for a while so teammates can see them. You'll also get bonus points when they're killed even if you don't kill them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I was working through the trophies on the single player during the week, got down to the last one, get 20,000 points on the Singapore mission. No problem, I got 19,900 on a previous attempt without much effort, I'l get it next playthrough for sure. I start the Singapore mission, get about halfway through, game crashes, save file corrupted, all data lost. Piece of ****ing ****.

If I want to get that last trophy now I need to start the campaign again from the beginning. Surely save files should be saved in the cloud in 2013? Could be worse, at least I wasn't missing just one collectable or something like that, joypad could have actually gone through the telly.

Seriously, **** you EA/DICE.

Another day....another f*** up from DICE, the official forums are going mad about this one!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Battlefield-4-Premium-Double-XP-Event-for-End-of-December-Postponed-by-DICE-412998.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have not even started the single player yet due to all the stuff I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

is it worth going premium ? I didn't get it yet but did get it for BF3. I was more sold then.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    is it worth going premium ? I didn't get it yet but did get it for BF3. I was more sold then.

I wouldn't bother just yet. I had premium for BF3 but this game is so unstable there's no way I'm giving them an extra 50 quid until it's sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Another day....another f*** up from DICE, the official forums are going mad about this one!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Battlefield-4-Premium-Double-XP-Event-for-End-of-December-Postponed-by-DICE-412998.shtml[/QUOTE]

Who cares?

Double XP is pants anyway; just there for kiddies to pad up their stats.

How do you invite friends to join a party in game

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How do you invite friends to join a party in game

I cant figure that out either, it seems they can only join your session whilst you are actually in a game. You cant form a party in the multilayer menu and join together all at once.

Surely this cannot be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Caoimhin wrote: »
    I cant figure that out either, it seems they can only join your session whilst you are actually in a game. You cant form a party in the multilayer menu and join together all at once.

Surely this cannot be right?

It can't be done. Best thing you can do is join a game with at least 4/5 empty slots and invite your friend. Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

It can't be done. Best thing you can do is join a game with at least 4/5 empty slots and invite your friend. Very annoying.

Wow, how does this make sense? haha DICE what are you doing

Advertisement