Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Good Jesus. What patch in this day and age fixes some stuff and fooks other stuff up?!

Yea same sound problems about 5 crash last night annoying when your doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only sound problems I've recently have continued after the patch, the time when the game sound will start up a few seconds after the games starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Even with all the issues with this game is it worth getting? What would be the best selling points of this game in your opinions? I would like to get this for the ps4 but is it any good if you are playing the majority of time on your own? From what I have seen on youtube it definitely is beneficial to have a few friends to play with otherwise it can get very tough. The graphics look really good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭allybhoy

keithc83 wrote: »
    Even with all the issues with this game is it worth getting? What would be the best selling points of this game in your opinions? I would like to get this for the ps4 but is it any good if you are playing the majority of time on your own? From what I have seen on youtube it definitely is beneficial to have a few friends to play with otherwise it can get very tough. The graphics look really good though.

Yes the game is definitely worth playing, the latest patch has improved things drastically, its not perfect but its much more stable and balanced now and is a better experience all round. When Battlefield works well, no game comes close IMO.

There is a thread over on the BF4 page about PS4 players. Stick your PSN in there and the lads will add you. There is usually a good few of us on every night, on Friday and Saturday night there was about 14 of us in the same server, good craic. All mic'd up and in chat .

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

What's going on with the server list? Half of them are empty and you have to scroll half way down the page to find the servers that have a few folk on em!

But yeah the last patch has definitely improved things, noticing the rubberbanding alot less but it does still happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I never had any sound issues until the latest patch. Booted it up last night and no sound in multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

For the life of me I can't play conquest. The games just lag far too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

aaronh007 wrote: »
    For the life of me I can't play conquest. The games just lag far too much.

not as bad since the last patch.

See you're mostly playing the bomb game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Varik wrote: »
    not as bad since the last patch.

See you're mostly playing the bomb game.

Was awful for me earlier. Joined the server you were in on the railway, but it was a lag fest. Teammates and enemies popping up out of nowhere, being teleported into walls and running on the spot... just can't seem to play it.

Obliteration works fine for me. The more than occasional rubberbanding aside, the only lag that seems to occur is when the levolution events happen on Shanghai or the resort. Other than that, I can't really complain about that game mode.

• Advertisement

is anyone taking advantage of the free battlepacks?.....i got two so far, you dont have to play a multiplayer match, just load up the game after 12pm each day and you get a free bronze battlepack.....silver ones on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

jenjenten wrote: »
    is anyone taking advantage of the free battlepacks?.....i got two so far, you dont have to play a multiplayer match, just load up the game after 12pm each day and you get a free bronze battlepack.....silver ones on weekends.

I was a bit freaked out this morning when I didn't see my free battlepack. Good to know they pop up after 12pm .

these free battlepacks are kinda cool, two silver ones over the weekend there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Right so haven't been on my play station in 4 weeks. Came on today and updated to 1.60 and got the battlefield update and installed.

Now every time I go to multilayer and browse servers the max players it will give me is 19 (with no filters). And if I set the filter to conquest it comes up as no servers found. Every game has bad connection too. Really disappointed! It was rocky before but now they totally broke my game!

Any suggestions on a fix?

Battleflag wrote: »
    What's going on with the server list? Half of them are empty and you have to scroll half way down the page to find the servers that have a few folk on em!

But yeah the last patch has definitely improved things, noticing the rubberbanding alot less but it does still happen

Same problem your having. Any fix for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So is BF4 fixed yet?

I logged in the other day to continue on my single player campaign. I had completed the first level before Christmas and was in the mood for an FPS. Unfortunately, my save file was nowhere to be found. I don't want to start again if it is going to be deleted again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So is BF4 fixed yet?

I logged in the other day to continue on my single player campaign. I had completed the first level before Christmas and was in the mood for an FPS. Unfortunately, my save file was nowhere to be found. I don't want to start again if it is going to be deleted again.

I'm pretty sure they haven't addressed the singleplayer issues yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lara89

singleplayer mode is played rarely...the main spot for BF4 (and 3) is online, maybe that'll take a while

Just noticed I'm not getting the battle packs. Would I be better off deleting the game and updates and downloading them again?

I remember with the China rising update it totally messed me up and I had to do that to fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

just got back T.V back from repair there today. It was gone for a month. Missed playing BF4 a bit and was wondering about getting BF4 premium. Is it worth it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

So I got this on PS4 yesterday, having played it on PC a lot I have to say I find it much easier. I dont know if its because everyone is using a controller, whereas on PC it takes a lot of getting used to KB+M, but im finding myself coming top on a lot of matches where as I was bottom half nearly every game on PC :P Im liking it so far, although there are some weird glitches ive came across, got stuck in the floor for a while yesterday hah.

Bf4 fun when it not lagging like hell or your tank getting stuck and is useless.The thing that annoy me is aircraft stalling in mid air and destroying you it so unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Useless game. I was once a staunch supporter of DICE and the Battlefield series, but EA are chasing COD money manically now and have ruined the series. Tis the beginning of the end now I reckon. BF4 is a pale comparison to BF3 and BC2 and BF2.

Stop releasing patches. I don't care if some shotgun is overpowered with a certain attachment, or the Chopper 30mm are OP. FIX THE SERVER LAG! That's all I want.

I'm not buying Premium and I suggest to others not to either. DICE & EA don't deserve money for this trollop. You go buy a year of PS+ with that money. Sorry for the Rant, but I just realised this game will never be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Yep, that rubberbanding in BF4 is brutal.. unplayable the last couple times iv booted it up. Id even argue that its gotten worse over the last month or so... On PC you get the extra options for 32 and 48 player conquest matches, the least those EA muppits could do is supply these options for console players too, for a possibly more stable match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

played a bit of BF4 today and it still has the juttering or rubberbanding problem. I can't really believe it. It takes the entire flow out of the game and it feels like a disconnect. It also crashed on me twice and I thought the patch fixed all that. I remember playing BF3 on the PS3 and having similar problems but its totally unforgivable on the PS4.

I will probably give the premium a miss. Lag still hasn't been fixed and multiplayer feels over rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

I must be really lucky, 60 hrs clocked online and the only real complaint I have is the occasional infinite loading screen between games or infinite loading when joining.

Razleavy wrote: »
    I must be really lucky, 60 hrs clocked online and the only real complaint I have is the occasional infinite loading screen between games or infinite loading when joining.
    I have problem were the pistol lock up after 5 shot and you have wait a sec to start shooting again or swapping weapon it so slow it unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

The last few times I've hopped into tanks as a gunner I didn't get a gun , all I can do is give moral support .

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

derm0j073 wrote: »
    The last few times I've hopped into tanks as a gunner I didn't get a gun , all I can do is give moral support .

this happened me too what is up with that?

• Advertisement

It a buggy game won't buy premium until the game fixed and net code good just not worth the money in it current state.

Advertisement