Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ye its crazy alright. I had to go into a game and then open battlelog and then invite a friend. First time i did it he was on the other team. Baffles me how there are so many things wrong with this game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Afaik the ability to squad up will be patched in at a later date. Id say all these kind of changes are on the back burner while there trying to get some stability into the game.

Played for 7 hours yesterday, not 1 crash, but I cannot get any assignments done to get guns/camos, bloody things keep resetting! Its infuriating!

I did manage to do the baku single player mission though and got the knife and rex for mp

Just lost all my multiplayer stats and unlocks(temporarily though).
    Quit a match and clicked the touch pad to bring up battlelog and the profile screen starts to glitch. Progress bars next to rank and under upcoming unlocks all start going backward to zero!
    Quit the game and restarted, and all is well again but I was freaking out for a while there.

Its actually been a lot smoother for me today, much more so than it has been. Maybe iv just been lucky but its great when it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Barly playable for me today, I'm trying to unlock stuff for the attack chopper and it's bouncing all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

my tv is away being fixed so I'm missing playing time but sounds like they still haven't fixed everything yet. I'm not going to bother with the Premium for a while.

Is there any assignments in bf4 like there was in bf3? I see them in the end of round details but no idea how to start or do any

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Is the online mode still broken? I got BF4 on the PS4 yesterday, playing through the campaign at the moment, haven't tried the online yet.

Is the online mode still broken? I got BF4 on the PS4 yesterday, playing through the campaign at the moment, haven't tried the online yet.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

tigger123 wrote: »

your keyboard seems to be broken though.......;)

jenjenten wrote: »
    your keyboard seems to be broken though.......;)

I'm like an annoying child, repeating the question, and tugging at peoples coats until I get an answer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I was working through the trophies on the single player during the week, got down to the last one, get 20,000 points on the Singapore mission. No problem, I got 19,900 on a previous attempt without much effort, I'l get it next playthrough for sure. I start the Singapore mission, get about halfway through, game crashes, save file corrupted, all data lost. Piece of ****ing ****.

If I want to get that last trophy now I need to start the campaign again from the beginning. Surely save files should be saved in the cloud in 2013? Could be worse, at least I wasn't missing just one collectable or something like that, joypad could have actually gone through the telly.

Seriously, **** you EA/DICE.

To follow up on this, I returned to the campaign to collect that trophy. Only took me three hours as I had to start again from the start. Playing through the Singapore mission for my trophy, everythings going well, headshots and multi-kills all round, then bam, game crashes again. In the same spot. :mad: I nearly sent that controller through the telly, I was seething! Luckily this time, my save game wasnt wiped.

If your playing through that mission, avaoid the scaffolding on the left where you enter the tank for the first time. Thats a save file wiper right there, just let your squad clean up the few enemies hanging around.

Started again and collected my trophy. Thank ****, now I never have to play through that **** again. Only one multiplayer trophy left to collect! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

patch incoming tomorrow http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493792859737/

cod ghosts is due for a patch update as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Has anyone tried this with the new update? Anxious to see if the single player save game issues were resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EddHarV

Caoimhin wrote: »
    I cant figure that out either, it seems they can only join your session whilst you are actually in a game. You cant form a party in the multilayer menu and join together all at once.

Surely this cannot be right?

Have just figured this out a couple days ago.What you do is hav a friend join a game and you join their server over on the right side of the screen where it says quick match,server browser etc.Now when your in their game,before you select your weapon check is your mate on your team,if hes not,down the bottom left of the screen you can switch teams with the R3 button (ps4) and then you have the option also to join each others squad in yere team.Hope this helps.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EddHarV

Can anyone recommend a good assault rifle? I have the first four or so unlocked and was having a bit of success with the SCAR but have moved on to try some others.

M416 Ace23 AEK all solid assault weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Two bloody trophies have not showed up for me in the campaign . I am waiting for the " full arsenel " and " all three endings" trophies. I've fullfilled all the criterea.

Sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭F1erc3

It can't be done. Best thing you can do is join a game with at least 4/5 empty slots and invite your friend. Very annoying.
    So you can no longer make a squad party lobby like in BF3 and all join a server together?.?? Wtfudge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Two bloody trophies have not showed up for me in the campaign . I am waiting for the " full arsenel " and " all three endings" trophies. I've fullfilled all the criterea.

Sucks.

Same with me. I've completed all assignments, collected all collectibles, done all three endings etc but there are 2 or 3 not showing up.

- see all three endings (even though I have the trophies for the three individual endings) Only thing I can think of is I did one of them on Hard.

- unlock all assignments and collectibles, which I have done

Think there is another one which should have but hasn't unlocked.

Has anyone tried this with the new update? Anxious to see if the single player save game issues were resolved.

I lost a load of saves.
    Started to upload the save data to cloud on a regular basis.
    When I go into Campaign and the save data is gone I have been able to overwrite the game save in system storage from cloud and this has sorted it out. It's stupid to have to do it but it appears to have solved the issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

jenjenten wrote: »

Fantastic artical, it really highlights how little EA must think of their customers!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Same with me. I've completed all assignments, collected all collectibles, done all three endings etc but there are 2 or 3 not showing up.

- see all three endings (even though I have the trophies for the three individual endings) Only thing I can think of is I did one of them on Hard.

- unlock all assignments and collectibles, which I have done

Think there is another one which should have but hasn't unlocked.

I have the same problem with mine too, can't be bothered playing through it again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nagin

I lost my saves 4 times.

4 mother funkin times.

No reason behind it. It just crashes. Im going for the platinum aslwell so Ive collected the same trophies 4 times now. But the game crashed before I can finish it everytime. RRRRRRAAAGGGGGEEEE

Last night in the middle of Shanghai (after the patch) it crashed as usual.

This game is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I lost a load of saves.
    Started to upload the save data to cloud on a regular basis.
    When I go into Campaign and the save data is gone I have been able to overwrite the game save in system storage from cloud and this has sorted it out. It's stupid to have to do it but it appears to have solved the issue for me.

This might be worth a try, cheers.

The patch notes mention nothing about fixing the single player campaign, youd think it'd be a top priority fix... the game released months ago ffs.

Right. I completed the campaign again . So I've done it now on easy,normal and hard golding all and then getting the extra points to get the trophies on all .I've collected every dogtag and weapon ,seen all three endings etc... I got every trophie awarded except the full arsenal one. I'm pretty pissed off now as I was gonna platinum the game .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Nagin wrote: »
    I lost my saves 4 times.

4 mother funkin times.

No reason behind it. It just crashes. Im going for the platinum aslwell so Ive collected the same trophies 4 times now. But the game crashed before I can finish it everytime. RRRRRRAAAGGGGGEEEE

Last night in the middle of Shanghai (after the patch) it crashed as usual.

This game is a joke.

Did it crash by the scaffolding right before you get into the tank?

Did it crash by the scaffolding right before you get into the tank?

I've been on that scaffold a good few times (to pick up the Scar DMR) and it hasn't crashed on me.
    regularly lose saves though. when I log on stuff just not there.

• Advertisement

Right. I decided to go back into the Singapore mission yesterday ,just to see if I picked up any weapon/dogtag again it might activate the " Full Arsenal " trophie that had failed to show up for me . As soon as I started the mission "Tombstone are walking towards the ribh) the trophie popped up.

Grand.

Advertisement