Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCIS [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really liked it as well it was a good story.

Though the second the bad guy came on screen I new he was going to be the bad guy.

But I still can't warm to Bishop though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

It was an ok episode. A few things annoyed me. At one point bishop referred to two women missing. But it was actually one missing and one dead. And then again later she kind of mis counted again with regards to the women. But maybe I am wrong. Was tired. Anyway. I don't get why she was writing to a dead president.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

SarahBM wrote: »
    I don't get why she was writing to a dead president.

When it started I thought it might have been her resignation, to go back to the NSA. Or else it was just an un-sendable letter - venting. Did same like they were trying to make a point about human trafficking - perhaps the accuracy of numbers got lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭squonk

I enjoyed the crossover episode. I never really watched NCIS before and just started with NOLA from day 1 because I was a Scott Bakula fan, plus CCH Pounder was a draw. Good episode and a good intro to the original NCIS crew. Have to say though that Abbey who was the center of the episode has to be the most annoying and stupid character I've seen in quite a while. How a total Woman-Child like that manages to hold down a career doesn't seem credible. Maybe it was just a bad representation of the character and I know NOLA has geeky Sebastian but at least he's funny. Aside from the huge head start NCIS has which mitigates against a start from scratch approach, Abbey I think would kill any inerest I have in the show, and that's saying something for a show with David McCallum.

Wow. I think you must be the first person I have ever heard say they don't like Abbey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭squonk

Wow. I think you must be the first person I have ever heard say they don't like Abbey

I dunno! Maybe she just didn't come across well in the crossover but she came across as deranged, needy and annoying and the whole dressing and acting like a kid when you're in your 40's just looks crazy stupid! I spent the entire time wanting to bludgeon her to death, or hoping a killer with a grudge would come back and do it for me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

squonk wrote: »
    Have to say though that Abbey who was the center of the episode has to be the most annoying and stupid character I've seen in quite a while. How a total Woman-Child like that manages to hold down a career doesn't seem credible. Maybe it was just a bad representation of the character and I know NOLA has geeky Sebastian but at least he's funny. Aside from the huge head start NCIS has which mitigates against a start from scratch approach, Abbey I think would kill any inerest I have in the show, and that's saying something for a show with David McCallum.

Isn't that the show, in general? :pac: I was very casual viewer of NCIS before I watched a full episode. I'd see 10 minutes here and there and at that time, it grated for me. Different story now, of course, whilst not forgetting how uber-procedural the show can be, from moment to moment. Abby's got a few quirks and ticks that seem largely there for comic relief. Won't deny it's often OTT, even allowing for 'odd' characters. She's very much physically bound by her lab. I would like to see her testify on the stand, but that's a direction the show has never taken with any of the characters. Since the show owes some its origins to JAG, they must feel courtroom stuff's been done to death. Heck, even throw her out to a forensic conference now and then.

I am a complete woman child and I manage to somehow hold down a job! It can be done :D

How do ye think Tony will leave the show? They'll hardly kill him off? I don't think Gibbs Ducky Abbey and Magee can take much more loss. Especially Gibbs. Tony is like the son he never had!

I am a complete woman child and I manage to somehow hold down a job! It can be done :D

How do ye think Tony will leave the show? They'll hardly kill him off? I don't think Gibbs Ducky Abbey and Magee can take much more loss. Especially Gibbs. Tony is like the son he never had!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

How do ye think Tony will leave the show?
    I prefer not to think about it :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Im thinking a few things so far, i dont think they will kill him off either so:

1. he'll be offered a promotion and his own squad and leave.

2. he'll get some sort of clue about ziva's location in Israel, quits his job and goes searching for her and never comes back.

3. he'll meet a woman thats he thinks is the one and wants to have kids and a family etc, she wants him to quit the job due to it being too dangerous after he gets shot, and she reveals shes pregnant with his kid.

I think more no1 and no2 than no3. No3 is a bit melodramatic.

Ace's third idea made me go 'ooh'.

I don't think they will him off. Ratings aside, the show might only have a few years left (pure guesswork here) and I think they'll want to leave the door open for such a long standing character to return when they eventually get to a series finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Only just got up to date with season 13. what were the producers thinking putting the second part of a two-parter in a different show? I get to the end of episode 12 with ducky and jimmy staring down the barrel of a gun and then the next episode starts with not a mention of what happened. I was confused as hell until i went online and found out where the second part was.

Thinking outside the box.
    Thought it was a good idea TBH and got you involved in both shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Only just got up to date with season 13. what were the producers thinking putting the second part of a two-parter in a different show? I get to the end of episode 12 with ducky and jimmy staring down the barrel of a gun and then the next episode starts with not a mention of what happened. I was confused as hell until i went online and found out where the second part was.

It's quiet common with shows in a shared universe.

Law & Order, CSI, Chicago Fire, P.D. & Med, Arrow & Flash have or are all doing it now at least once a season.

It's done to boost ratings.

Check out the character John Munch from Homicide: Life on the Street who not just crossed over shows but crossed over Networks and shows in different Countries.

I have to say the law and order cross over with Chicago Fire and Chicago PD last year was one of the best cross overs on tv I have ever seen, just brilliant drama. The cross overs with Chicago Fire PD and Med are really well done. I really like them.

I get that crossovers have become commonplace but i dont think i have seen an instance with a two-part episode where the two parts were on different shows.

Didn't they do it with NCIS and Hawaii Five O. a while back? And I think with NCIS LA too? correct me if I am wrong.

• Advertisement

well i watched the NOLA second part and safe to say i wont be watching NOLA again. its just not a patch on the original. even CCH Pounder cant redeem it.

Didn't they do it with NCIS and Hawaii Five O. a while back? And I think with NCIS LA too? correct me if I am wrong.
    Think it was only NCIS LA

Was expecting a new episode this week, bah.

http://www.returndates.com/news.php?id=528

"To be introduced in time for the Season 13 finale, the CBS drama is seeking a "name" actress to play "Tess," an FBI Special Agent in her late 30s who has recently transferred to D.C. from New York City's Counter-Terrorism Unit. Described in the tentative casting breakdown as "quick-witted, sarcastic, shrewd" and "two parts bulldog, one part sweet kitten," the G-woman can just as easily keep up with a group of politicians talking at a black-tie fundraiser as she can truck drivers at a roadside diner. In her mind, sleep and sex are "overrated" while a good martini and a rare bacon cheeseburger aren't.

A three-time divorcée (because the husbands apparently "can't keep up with her") who has no children, Tess is content acting as "Mamma Bear" to any co-worker who needs a shoulder to lean on. Just don't make her angry, because that's when she tends to ruffle even her superiors' feathers."

please tell me that is some sort of joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

please tell me that is some sort of joke.

Unfortunately not.

With Tony gone, the whole Bishop saga, the new gibbs this is the final nail for me.. Moving on..

Gibbs. Eating. :D

Great episode this week. Loved the opening. Magee is so sweet. But Tony??! I think he is my dream man. Pity he is fictional. :rollseyes:

I don't want him to leave :(

Great episode this week. Loved the opening. Magee is so sweet. But Tony??! I think he is my dream man. Pity he is fictional. :rollseyes:

I don't want him to leave :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Same, he will be tough to replace, i hope he gets cameos now and again like mike franks does, but without the whole being dead thing.

Advertisement