Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tomkk

Grats wrote: »
    Parnell Park next Sunday.

Thought Galway came with a hard man attitude, hence the number of yellow cards they picked up. Not to mention that blow on Larkin. The game was well gone from Galway at that stage, therefore all the mire crazy.

It seems to me that some teams feel they have a licence to hock Kilkenny players. We've witnessed far too much of this in recent years. I do hope the officials take appropriate action in 2014. Or will it be a case of they're, Kilkenny, are not gone yet so let's speed up the process!

Henry was immaculate today. Colin Fennelly or Paul Murphy man of the match.
    i have to agree with you on your thoughts about teams recently butchering kk players.
    it has happened once again,a player out with what could be a very serious injury.
    we play it hard,tough,pyhsical,whatever way you want to describe it.
    were used to getting it back as hard as we give it,now it seems nastier medicine is dished out to players.
    too many kk players have been out with injuries due to this.
    time for something to be done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Grats

Colin Fennelly took some nasty "challenges" also today. He showed great bravery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Heard Larks not as bad as initially feared, he is still going for an xray in the morning to make sure nothing more serious. He is lucky if there is no break as it was some flake a definite red, don't think it was deliberate to hurt him but it was frustration. Colin Fennelly got axed a few times as well there was definitely some rash lashes from the Galway men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭randd1

Great win, good result, especially coming from 4 down at half time to win by 12. Hitting 19 points in the second half is some return by all concerned, conceding only three is even better. Good to see we got 1-12 from play as well, that's a nice little stat. Also comforting to hear the backs performed well, heard the newer guys did a great job overall.

Clare had a big win as well today, even if it was against a weakly fielded UCC side, but that's two good results for them.

It looks like both Clare and Kilkenny are gearing up for a real shot at each other in the first round of the league. Should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Philip82

randd1 wrote: »
    Great win, good result, especially coming from 4 down at half time to win by 12. Hitting 19 points in the second half is some return by all concerned, conceding only three is even better. Good to see we got 1-12 from play as well, that's a nice little stat. Also comforting to hear the backs performed well, heard the newer guys did a great job overall.

Clare had a big win as well today, even if it was against a weakly fielded UCC side, but that's two good results for them.

It looks like both Clare and Kilkenny are gearing up for a real shot at each other in the first round of the league. Should be a cracker.

Certainly looks like the ten euro entry will be the value of the year!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Philip82 wrote: »
    Certainly looks like the ten euro entry will be the value of the year!!!!!!!!!!

How many KK people are going to invade Ennis next month? :D

Have to say I'm really looking forward to that game

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Philip82

angelfire9 wrote: »
    How many KK people are going to invade Ennis next month? :D

Have to say I'm really looking forward to that game

It doesnt matter what time of the year its played, any time you get a chance to play the All Ireland champions is a good time!!! Both teams wont be building it up to be the be all and end all of matches but both teams will be sending messages to their hurling foes. Clare will want to play as proud champions and not be made little of in their own field of dreams, while Kilkenny I feel maybe will introduce a slightly different style of hurling with a new appetite that we missed last year!!!!!!
    I wont be missing it!!!!

Nor I!

Nor I!

Good to hear!
    There will I hope be a strong Clare presence
    God knows on hope turf as defending champions against a team of the calibre of KK I'd be very disappointed if our crowd don't turn out in force

I'm really looking forward to this one, have babysitters organised already :D

Good to hear!
    There will I hope be a strong Clare presence
    God knows on hope turf as defending champions against a team of the calibre of KK I'd be very disappointed if our crowd don't turn out in force

I'm really looking forward to this one, have babysitters organised already :D

Suggestions for food and drinks in Ennis on the Sat night?

• Advertisement

Suggestions for food and drinks in Ennis on the Sat night?

Probably Knoxs in Abbey Street if you are aged 25-35
    Older than that Brogans on O'Connell street

Probably Knoxs in Abbey Street if you are aged 25-35
    Older than that Brogans on O'Connell street

It's Brogans so! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'll be at the Clare match as well. Should be a good atmosphere.

It's Brogans so! Thanks.

Sure you never know I might be out and about myself ;)

Sure you never know I might be out and about myself ;)

More babysitters so!

More babysitters so!

Already sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

any team news for tomorrows game?

deadybai wrote: »

Nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

deadybai wrote: »

Team not being released but there are several changes from last year......couple of regulars sitting out again

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭halfforward

Team not being released but there are several changes from last year......couple of regulars sitting out again

1- D Herrity
    2-T Keogh
    3- M Walsh
    4- J Tryell
    5- B Kennedy
    6- T Walsh
    7- D Langton
    8- C Fogarty
    9- P Walsh
    10- J Brennan
    11- C Fennelly
    12- E Larkin
    13- Jonjo Farrell
    14- Mark Kelly
    15- T Breen

• Advertisement

last year? last week you meant yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

last year? last week you meant yeah?

Correct....sorry....too early

Correct....sorry....too early

ha, no worries :D

hopefully it'll be a good competitive match against the Dubs. Should be a good step-up from Galway last week.

KK 0-22 Dublin 1-13 with 58 minutes gone.

KK 0-22 Dublin 1-17, 66 minutes gone.

Full-time: KK 0-24 Dublin 1-17.
    Well done lads.

Eoin Larkin had some game in Croke Park last Sat. He well deserved man of the match and Colin Fennelly wasn't far behind him. The work rate from both was top class and their attitude rubbed off on the new recruits. On reading the starting 15 in the programme I didn't expect a win over the. Dubs who had up to 11 of their regulars on duty. In addition the Dubs had the local support who didn't spare Larkin every time he took a free - mind you he only missed one!

Glad Henry didn't play as he had already blown the cobwebs away in Freshford the previous week. Padraig Walsh was excellent in midfield and was replaced in the second half, I presume it was on account of him playing for UL the previous day. He also turned out for UL again on Sun - hope he doesn't overdo it. Michael Walsh at full back seems to be settling in quietly. Doing fine to date but big tests ahead in the League. Brian Kennedy didn't look out of place, showed good attacking skills and delivered some great balls into the forwards.

Good display all round, nice win, an early run out in Croke Park - didn't get to play there last year !!! - and the vibes appear very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭randd1

Eoin Larkin had some game in Croke Park last Sat. He well deserved man of the match and Colin Fennelly wasn't far behind him. The work rate from both was top class and their attitude rubbed off on the new recruits. On reading the starting 15 in the programme I didn't expect a win over the. Dubs who had up to 11 of their regulars on duty. In addition the Dubs had the local support who didn't spare Larkin every time he took a free - mind you he only missed one!

Glad Henry didn't play as he had already blown the cobwebs away in Freshford the previous week. Padraig Walsh was excellent in midfield and was replaced in the second half, I presume it was on account of him playing for UL the previous day. He also turned out for UL again on Sun - hope he doesn't overdo it. Michael Walsh at full back seems to be settling in quietly. Doing fine to date but big tests ahead in the League. Brian Kennedy didn't look out of place, showed good attacking skills and delivered some great balls into the forwards.

Good display all round, nice win, an early run out in Croke Park - didn't get to play there last year !!! - and the vibes appear very good.

Yeah, great result, hopefully the new lads will keep up the good work and put pressure on the regulars for starting places, which should maintain high standards.

I felt one of the problems with last year was that having so many injuries lads maybe weren't pushed as hard as they could have been, which might explain why there was a lethargy in some games. Lads would hurl better in my view if they knew they really earned their place on the team in place of 5/6 challengers in training and the confidence that would give them, and if there was 5/6 lads there to take their place if they dropped their standard. We never really had that level of competition for places last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Moving to KK from Cork in 2 weeks, what are the club(s) in the city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Connorzee wrote: »
    Moving to KK from Cork in 2 weeks, what are the club(s) in the city?

3 city clubs in Kilkenny
    James Stephens
    Dicksboro
    O'Loughlin Gaels

James Stephens have Eoin larkin and Jackie tyrell as well as brian cody
    Dicksboro has Cillian buckley playing with them
    Brian hogan plays with O'Loughlin Gaels

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement