Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^^
    I think you meant to post this in the GAA Jerseys thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

1984baby wrote: »
    Hope they get it fixed up so we can go ahead with our home fixtures in the league.
    Although, if they have to close the Old Stand, there should be enough room spectators for all of our home games.

I doubt they will be allowed to play any games there for quite a while, the roof is question was/is full of asbestos so health and safety will have it shut down id imagine.

Re. Eddie Keher, I personally have never been beside the man at a game but I have also heard those rumors/stories many times before, why people are refernecing what he achieved as a hurler as a defense is baffeling, Babs achieved alot on the field in both codes and a bigger more opinionated mouthpiece you would travel along way to meet, Richie Bennis something similar in Limerick and Im sure they are in every county.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Swearing at a hurling match? Well I never!

So in more important news, where does that leave us for our home league games?

I doubt they will be allowed to play any games there for quite a while, the roof is question was/is full of asbestos so health and safety will have it shut down id imagine.

...Babs achieved alot on the field in both codes and a bigger more opinionated mouthpiece you would travel along way to meet, Richie Bennis something similar in Limerick and Im sure they are in every county.

You will get a lot of hurlers on the ditch who will say anything about past hurlers, be it truthful or otherwise! Babs Keating often spoke the truth and not everybody in Tipperary liked it! He was not always right either though.

The match will go ahead at Nowlan Park on Sunday week. The new stand and both ends will be open anyway.

The asbestos is to be removed professionally. Another storm is due tomorrow.

The match in Ennis might be under threat this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Grats

Swearing at a hurling match? Well I never!

So in more important news, where does that leave us for our home league games?

Always admired Keher's enthusiasm as a supporter. A lot of former hurlers don't show any emotion at games. I don't agree with his proposal but what has his supposed bad conduct at games got to do with offering an opinion? In fact the whole tide is turning in his favour at the level that matters. While begrudgers are trying to turn his opinion into an anti Kilkenny thing the GAA have welcomed it. The debate has started and a conference to discuss hurling matters is planned. There is a noted slackening off of the bile as those begrudgers realise what the whole issue is really about. Cathal Moore, Brian Whelehan, Cyril Farrell, Willie Barrett and many others recognise that discussion is required and welcome Keher's opinion.

Amusing to read newspaper comments about Brian Cody endorsing Keher's proposal when he didn't - the President Liam O'Neill in an interview also said that Cody never said he endorsed it. Surprise surprise the media omitted both Cody's actual opinion on the matter and also O'Neill's comment.

Keher was correct to speak out about how the Kilkenny v Cork game was handled last year. He was vindicated when the red card was rescinded. He was also correct to speak out about the horrific injuries inflicted on Michael Rice and TJ Reid. If our County Board were as vocal as other County boards perhaps Keher wouldn't feel the need to speak.

The game on Sunday is likely to be switched to Limerick. Hopefully it goes ahead somewhere. I would think the roof in Nowlan Park could be removed in a week. If not we could play it in Portlaoise maybe or Carlow.

Grats wrote: »
    The game on Sunday is likely to be switched to Limerick.

Any source for this?
    Clare County Board said a few hours ago that the match is still going ahead as scheduled in Ennis.

The game on Sunday is likely to be switched to Limerick. Hopefully it goes ahead somewhere. I would think the roof in Nowlan Park could be removed in a week. If not we could play it in Portlaoise maybe or Carlow.[/QUOTE]

The game will go ahead at Nowlan Park v Tipperary Sunday week.

Any source for this?
    Clare County Board said a few hours ago that the match is still going ahead as scheduled in Ennis.

I read on another site that if Cusack Park is unplayable it is likely to be switched to Limerick. If it was unplayable last Sunday it's hard to see how it will be playable next Sun with the rain forecast. I hope they decide before 2pm on Sunday!

Suggested this team some days ago but have since heard that TJ isn't available.

E Murphy
    C Fogarty M Walsh Brian Kennedy
    Tommy B Hogan P Murphy
    P Walsh M Rice
    TJ Reid. C Fen Larkin
    JJ Farrell M Kelly Henry

What about Lester in midfield and Rice wing forward instead of TJ?

• Advertisement

Suggested this team some days ago but have since heard that TJ isn't available.

E Murphy
    C Fogarty M Walsh Brian Kennedy
    Tommy B Hogan P Murphy
    P Walsh M Rice
    TJ Reid. C Fen Larkin
    JJ Farrell M Kelly Henry

What about Lester in midfield and Rice wing forward instead of TJ?

Probably unlikely that Lester will start since he didn't feature in the Walsh Cup campaign?

Probably unlikely that Lester will start since he didn't feature in the Walsh Cup campaign?

Will the fact that he was named as captain for 2014 mean anything? Richie Hogan played for DCU during the week so perhaps he, Wally or Buckley could replace TJ. John Power back hurling again after his broken hand injury. Kevin Kelly is another one for consideration.

Will the fact that he was named as captain for 2014 mean anything? Richie Hogan played for DCU during the week so perhaps he, Wally or Buckley could replace TJ. John Power back hurling again after his broken hand injury. Kevin Kelly is another one for consideration.

Hard to know really who will line out. I think Brian said Richie Hogan wouldn't be available for this weekend. Lester will probably be on the bench anyway.
    Padraic Walsh should be named as one of the midfielders that's for sure. He's earned the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Hi all, we removed a few posts here with allegations about how Eddie behaved as a spectator at certain matches. Posts that quoted those were removed as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 pa Dillon

I read on another site that if Cusack Park is unplayable it is likely to be switched to Limerick. If it was unplayable last Sunday it's hard to see how it will be playable next Sun with the rain forecast. I hope they decide before 2pm on Sunday!
    Why do you think the match on Sunday would be played in Limerick when there is other grounds around Clare these Co Boards are not going to let matches like these out of there Counties

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    And nearly slander and libel man too is he allowed?

It is utter rubbish!

I would advise ye to take those comments down!

In light of what the Administrator has posted you were on the ball with your post. Pity it took so long for the correct action to be taken.

smashey wrote: »
    Hi all, we removed a few posts here with allegations about how Eddie behaved as a spectator at certain matches. Posts that quoted those were removed as well.
    good bye

pa Dillon wrote: »
    good bye

Good BOY or BYE!!!!

Good BOY or BYE!!!!

I read it in a Kilkenny city accent. GOOD biy!

Clare County Board are confident that the game will go ahead in Cusack Park. Interestingly they stated that they will not give up home advantage should the pitch be unplayable! The game would be postponed rather than move it to Limerick or such other venue. I can just see all the supporters arriving on Sunday, having travelled long distances, to be told the game is off! I hope they have the cop on to assess the pitch early tomorrow after the latest wet spell.

• Advertisement

Good BOY or BYE!!!!
    are you able to spell slainte

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I missed those posts, could you repost them and I'll have a look?

Try PV!!!

pa Dillon wrote: »
    are you able to spell slainte

I can now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Brian017

They were removed for a reason. why would he repost them?

Brian017 wrote: »
    Exactly!

Brian017 wrote: »

The condition is known as "thick" outside of his location!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Check post #1559

Hitchens wrote: »
    Check post #1559

Thanks for that, it's gone now as well.

• Advertisement

Any word of the team?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement