Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,834 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Its hardly on telly is it?

It is yeah. Anyone know if it's possible to watch live games in tg4 player when you're abroad? Would love to watch a match now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

It is yeah. Anyone know if it's possible to watch live games in tg4 player when you're abroad? Would love to watch a match now.

Yeah if you've google chrome use the hola add in and switch your country to Ireland. That should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Dissapointing for Clara, battled hard and looked the better team at times, but a couple of mistakes for the goals and a lack of a threat in the forwards apart from Chris Bolger cost them dearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭brookville

Cuala probably overall the better team the goals were hammer blows but clara had their period of dominance in the 2nd half but couldn't get any closer than two points and missed a great goal chance that could of changed things but overall best of luck to cuala they got a better spread of scores where as clara relied to much on placed balls

Yeah if you've google chrome use the hola add in and switch your country to Ireland. That should do the trick.

Thanks, turned out to be unnecessary, it worked grand regardless. Tg4 musnt bother restricting the club Games. Disappointing result but that's my first tinge setting hurling since the all Ireland final so I'm pretty happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What KK clubs are left in any of the club championships? Junior, intermediate etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

who was the referee for todays match between Cuala and Clara?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

kala85 wrote: »
    who was the referee for todays match between Cuala and Clara?

McGrath from wex He was a poor a ref

What KK clubs are left in any of the club championships? Junior, intermediate etc.
    Glenmore in junior and Bennetsbridge in intermediate

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thinlizzy51

thought the keeper wss poor today for clara (especially on the first goal).bolger for me looks like he could step up.o shea really blew a great chance that might have turned the game.in saying all that can see cuala going all the way.which in turn msy relegate dublin out of div1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Two horrendous goalkeeping errors for the first two Cuala goals proved crucial in the end. Though Clara probably would have won the game if they hadn't fluffed that goal chance, they were well on top then and the missed sitter seemed to galvanise the Dubs again.

Overall Clara put in a below par performance and paid for it.

As said, the ref was atrocious (though his mistakes were in Clara's favour overall).

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Did the Clara lads celebrate their Kilkenny win a bit too much possibly and underestimate Cuala? I saw Keith Hogan was still looking for re-tweets over the weekend about their Kilkenny win, surely he should have been focused on the Cuala game at that stage. Hard to see how they beat Ballyhale based on their poor show yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Did the Clara lads celebrate their Kilkenny win a bit too much possibly and underestimate Cuala? I saw Keith Hogan was still looking for re-tweets over the weekend about their Kilkenny win, surely he should have been focused on the Cuala game at that stage. Hard to see how they beat Ballyhale based on their poor show yesterday.

They didn't play Ballyhale. Ballyhale were beaten by O'Loughlins who were subsequently beaten by Clara in the final. Think myself that Clara were not firing yesterday. Very unlike them to concede three goals in a match. They're normally defensively very solid.

Think lads are being hard on the Clara goalie. At fault for the first goal. Seemed to get caught by surprise by the shot. Second goal was a rebound from his initial save. I would fault the back for not following his man. Third goal Schutte was uncontested. Full back was caught ball watching.
    Overall thought Clara were below par. Lester and Liam were as poor as I've seen them play. O'Shea missed a great goal chance that could have swung the game in their favour. His sending off, while not the reason they lost, was harsh and probably finished them psychologically.

Kilrenny will open the league away to waterford followed by two home matches against tipp and galway then a saturday night under lights against cork finishing at home to dublin, hopefully a few more players are unearthed during the league and it will be used to expose fringe players to game time

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Topcat32 wrote: »
    Dissapointing for Clara, battled hard and looked the better team at times, but a couple of mistakes for the goals and a lack of a threat in the forwards apart from Chris Bolger cost them dearly.

I thought Clara always looked to be chasing the game. That may seem obvious with the goals they conceded but they needed a goal. O'Shea had a super chance - had it gone in, it could and would probably have been a different story.

But Cuala well worth their won i thought.

brookville wrote: »
    Kilrenny will open the league away to waterford followed by two home matches against tipp and galway then a saturday night under lights against cork finishing at home to dublin, hopefully a few more players are unearthed during the league and it will be used to expose fringe players to game time[/quot

The lads should get a good rest now, even the Clara lads - hopefully the full panel will be fresh for Nat. Lge. Would want a decent start in it although after beating Cork, in Cork, last year, things dipped. Dublin game at home was lost due to poor refereeing decisions early on...and as it's such a tight league, a good start is crucial.

Three home games is good also.

Any names spring to mind about newcomers or regular panel men who may push on and push strongly for a 1-15 number?

Kilkenny Legends play against Ulster select this Saturday in Newry.

Good chance to get a few pieces signed!!!!!!

Kilrenny will open the league away to waterford followed by two home matches against tipp and galway then a saturday night under lights against cork finishing at home to dublin, hopefully a few more players are unearthed during the league and it will be used to expose fringe players to game time[/quot

The lads should get a good rest now, even the Clara lads - hopefully the full panel will be fresh for Nat. Lge. Would want a decent start in it although after beating Cork, in Cork, last year, things dipped. Dublin game at home was lost due to poor refereeing decisions early on...and as it's such a tight league, a good start is crucial.

Three home games is good also.

Any names spring to mind about newcomers or regular panel men who may push on and push strongly for a 1-15 number?
    Fringe players will be giving a chance during the walsh cup, bbridge and glenmore will still be involved with their club's hopefully. I'd like to see brian kennedy and mark and kevin kelly step up all 3 will be disappointed not making the match day 24 this september.kevin can be excused but the other two will feel it's now or never.this time last year not many predicted ger alward and joey to get all stars and I'm sure brain will pick anyone who he feels is good enough.id imagine there's a extended panel being put together around this time of the year

Fringe players will be giving a chance during the walsh cup, bbridge and glenmore will still be involved with their club's hopefully. I'd like to see brian kennedy and mark and kevin kelly step up all 3 will be disappointed not making the match day 24 this september.kevin can be excused but the other two will feel it's now or never.this time last year not many predicted ger alward and joey to get all stars and I'm sure brain will pick anyone who he feels is good enough.id imagine there's a extended panel being put together around this time of the year

Lads missed out of Walsh Cup last year but rest did everyone no harm. This time, as you say, will give the opportunity to fringe players to get more game time.

Kevin Kelly had very good game v Clare in league but, for whatever reason, never got the chance to push on. He had a good season with St. Patrick's and, this year, should offer a threat up front.

Hopefully we'll find a rough diamond over the winter but some of the B'bridge lads should stake a claim also.

• Advertisement

Lads missed out of Walsh Cup last year but rest did everyone no harm. This time, as you say, will give the opportunity to fringe players to get more game time.

Kevin Kelly had very good game v Clare in league but, for whatever reason, never got the chance to push on. He had a good season with St. Patrick's and, this year, should offer a threat up front.

Hopefully we'll find a rough diamond over the winter but some of the B'bridge lads should stake a claim also.

Kevin will probably have to do his apprentice and train for 2-3 years, not many are rushed in.chris bolger looks a good prospect john power is another with bags of ability hoping to become a regular .anyone hear anything of a provisional squad?

Kevin will probably have to do his apprentice and train for 2-3 years, not many are rushed in.chris bolger looks a good prospect john power is another with bags of ability hoping to become a regular .anyone hear anything of a provisional squad?

Never heard. They'll work with it during Walsh Cup i'd say then add to it. I'm just glad most of the lads are getting a good break. Chris Bolger may take a bit more time i think. He'll probably be in the corner - so another good option. Conor O'Shea or any other Clara lads push on? Would like to see Lester get a bit more game time over league esp. around midfield.

Never heard. They'll work with it during Walsh Cup i'd say then add to it. I'm just glad most of the lads are getting a good break. Chris Bolger may take a bit more time i think. He'll probably be in the corner - so another good option. Conor O'Shea or any other Clara lads push on? Would like to see Lester get a bit more game time over league esp. around midfield.
    Conor had a very good season with his club in the forwards up to last sunday although he was always a back and trains in the backs for kk, I hope he gets tried corner back next year.i think clara have their four best players on the panel at the moment and don't think they've many more who haven't being tried

U21 Freshford 4-18 Boro 1-24

Didn't see that one coming. Boro looked to be cruising leading by 6 pts at one stage. Boro undone by some soft goals. One in particular in ET when the ball looked to be going over the bar only for the goalie to bat it down on a plate for the incoming forward. That's two big scalps, the village and boro, for Freshford.

citykat wrote: »
    U21 Freshford 4-18 Boro 1-24

Didn't see that one coming. Boro looked to be cruising leading by 6 pts at one stage. Boro undone by some soft goals. One in particular in ET when the ball looked to be going over the bar only for the goalie to bat it down on a plate for the incoming forward. That's two big scalps, the village and boro, for Freshford.
    Was watching scores come in on Twitter, that's serious scoring for this tinge of year. Well done freshford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

https://twitter.com/windgapgaa/status/668087530890379264

Dunnamaggin beat Windgap/Galmoy in the U21 B South final.

Good win for Kieran's juniors today. Beat Ard Scoil Ris 2-9 to 0-8 in the AISF.

Sunday Independent taking a few potshots at Kilkenny again this morning, along with a pretty pointless article referencing Henry Shefflin by Paul Kimmage, Colm O Rourke has the by now annual Sunday Independent whine about football in Kilkenny. The hypocrasy of such articles when at least 15 counties pay lip service to hurling is very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭randd1

Topcat32 wrote: »
    Sunday Independent taking a few potshots at Kilkenny again this morning, along with a pretty pointless article referencing Henry Shefflin by Paul Kimmage, Colm O Rourke has the by now annual Sunday Independent whine about football in Kilkenny. The hypocrasy of such articles when at least 15 counties pay lip service to hurling is very annoying.
    What are they saying now? Is that John Greene lad writing again?

• Advertisement

randd1 wrote: »
    What are they saying now? Is that John Greene lad writing again?

Not by John Greene, article by Colm O Rourke on the Dublin footbal match being fixed for Nowlan Park. I thought he went over the top on Kilkenny lack of interest in football

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement