Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

anyone know where and when next match is, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

unrealtime wrote: »
    anyone know where and when next match is, please?

Wednesday 24th June:
    Bord Gáis Leinster U21 HC Semi Final:
    Carlow V Kilkenny

Venue: Netwatch Cullen Park
    Time: 7.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Thanks.

While not being presumptuous, that sort of game is one that should bring the team on further and is a great draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

Lads has anyone heard anything about TJ Reid ?

I was talking to a (reliable) source who said that TJ has injured his shoulder and is gone for the year......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Ah, the good ole reliable sources. If they were all to be believed we couldn't field a team.

• Advertisement

To be fair that's why I am on asking here and your answer is not very helfpul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭brookville

Definitely not true about tj,has a slight shoulder injury but will be available for the wex match,colin and michael should also be available with larkin and john power out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

MassDeb8r wrote: »
    To be fair that's why I am on asking here and your answer is not very helfpul

In fairness this place is like a sewing circle with all the rumours, most of which turn out to be unfounded.

Sorry you don't find my answer helpful but the only people you could confirm your rumour are within the club or county camp so can't really do that.

brookville wrote: »
    Definitely not true about tj,has a slight shoulder injury but will be available for the wex match,colin and michael should also be available with larkin and john power out.

Thanks for the good news brookville, I didn't see anything on Twitter earlier whenI searched so am glad to hear all is (mostly!) well with him, TJ would be a massive loss, good to have him available!

So its wexford in two weeks time and I'd expect wexford to throw the kitchen sink at us and I'd expect a big battle,I'm sure this match was targeted since last winter,we will have to be on our game and I expect kk to be ready and the supreme package is gone,I think the goalie and six backs pick themselves and michael and fogarty midfield.the loss off power and larkin will be missed so be intresting to see who he goes with and get people's views,richie,tj,colin are certs,other three walter,two kellys, john power,ger alward (who was very sharp against limerick) and chris bolger are the options upfront

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭me89

Confirmed as a double header in the park. Minor match at 12 and senior at 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Nedflanders02

On the U-21, does anyone know why Robbie Fitzpatrick, Kevin Kenny, Ger Teehan or Jack Langton are not on the panel this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Robbie's injured - hamstring.

I would of tought teehan and langton overage but I could be wrong,great to have both minor and seniors on the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Ger Teehan is overage definitely,wouldn't have thought Kevin Kenny was however?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

phkk wrote: »
    Ger Teehan is overage definitely,wouldn't have thought Kevin Kenny was however?

Kenny is underage for another year after this I believe

I would of tought alan murphy would of being a option in the fowards especially with darren brennan only out of minor

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭N20

On the U-21, does anyone know why Robbie Fitzpatrick, Kevin Kenny, Ger Teehan or Jack Langton are not on the panel this year?

Good question Kevin Kenny very handy for UCC freshers this year
    Surprised not to see him involved

I was reading injury has prevented kevin kenny, alan murphy and john walsh,obviously walshes injury is long term hopefully the other two make a speedy recovery because two good options up front

Big blow to the u21s with christopher bolger set to miss 12 week's with a knee injury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Big blow to the u21s with christopher bolger set to miss 12 week's with a knee injury

Massive loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

V tough on the player himself to pick up such an injury at this time of year. Thought of all the U21s, he might make a push for the seniors this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Would Fennelly be an option at CB or will Joyce be a certain starter? Half back is always the Cat's main strength - winning primary possession from puck outs and driving good accurate ball into the forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Would Fennelly be an option at CB or will Joyce be a certain starter? Half back is always the Cat's main strength - winning primary possession from puck outs and driving good accurate ball into the forwards.

Nothing certain imo, but if I saw Joyce named there I'd have zero complaints. Fennelly I still always prefer in midfield, I think posted with Hogan there we'd have an incredible engine room.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

Nothing certain imo, but if I saw Joyce named there I'd have zero complaints. Fennelly I still always prefer in midfield, I think posted with Hogan there we'd have an incredible engine room.

I think Conor Fogarty was extremely important for us last year and will start in midfield with Hogan and Fennelly switching between a deep lying center forward and midfield. Interesting to see if Michael Rice can get back to fitness this year, he would be a great option off the bench and a good man to have around the squad given the recent retirements

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wexilad

What's your starting 15 looking like for Sunday lads. Have to say for time in about a decade we go into a game against yez not with the fear of a hammering. I think it has the makings of a great game and should be a cracking atmosphere, heard ticket sales are going well in supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

wexilad wrote: »
    What's your starting 15 looking like for Sunday lads. Have to say for time in about a decade we go into a game against yez not with the fear of a hammering. I think it has the makings of a great game and should be a cracking atmosphere, heard ticket sales are going well in supervalu.

Like Custer at the Wee Big Horn, Napolean at Waterloo and Lee at Gettysburg, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Like Custer at the Wee Big Horn, Napolean at Waterloo and Lee at Gettysburg, :D

confidence is low in the marble by the looks of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭randd1

confidence is low in the marble by the looks of it :pac:

To be fair, we're smart in the marble.

We've heard all winter Kilkenny are finished now the greats have moved on.

We've been told all league we don't have a panel (despite losing 6 to retirement, Padraig Walsh, Larkin, Fogarty, Richie Power to injury, Richie Hogan and Jackie Tyrrell for a few games with knocks, three, likely four with Holden, of our starting players with Ballyhale. Yet not only did we survive the league with so many missing, we actually competed well, won three games and only a pumped up Tipp, the second best side in the country after us, gave us the run around. I'd doubt any other county could have taken those losses and competed, never mind survived).

So when you're being written off a bit, take advantage of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

randd1 wrote: »
    To be fair, we're smart in the marble.

We've heard all winter Kilkenny are finished now the greats have moved on.

We've been told all league we don't have a panel (despite losing 6 to retirement, Padraig Walsh, Larkin, Fogarty, Richie Power to injury, Richie Hogan and Jackie Tyrrell for a few games with knocks, three, likely four with Holden, of our starting players with Ballyhale. Yet not only did we survive the league with so many missing, we actually competed well, won three games and only a pumped up Tipp, the second best side in the country after us, gave us the run around. I'd doubt any other county could have taken those losses and competed, never mind survived).

So when you're being written off a bit, take advantage of it.

any one who still writes off kilenny is very foolish , i remember at the start of last year when on today fm a number of pundits were giving there predictions for the year ahead , john duggen told people that kilkenny were a finished artical and would be off the hurling raider for a number of years to come .... as the man says the rest is history !!!!!amazing how many people still think that , wishful thinking more then anything else is all it is ,

i think kilkenny will win leinster maybe not as comfortable as other years , but as it stands i think there are only one or two at most teams in the country that could actually beat them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement