Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Buck Melanoma

Re : Kilkenny v Limerick challenge

Might be in Inistioge Sunday.
    Thinking of going to this, is it just pay @ the gate? Will children be free admission ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭kksaints

Re : Kilkenny v Limerick challenge

Might be in Inistioge Sunday.
    Thinking of going to this, is it just pay @ the gate? Will children be free admission ?

Under-16s free. You should be fine paying at the gate although be there early enough they expect a bumper crowd for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

Is the legends return game on this weekend to?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

deadybai wrote: »
    Is the legends return game on this weekend to?

Yep, still on Sat night in Lisdowney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

phkk wrote: »
    Yep, still on Sat night in Lisdowney

Thanks. What time is it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

This is a link to map I've made which shows which clubs have won the most senior hurling All Irelands. Click on the club and it will show you the years and total of All Irelands won for Kilkenny by that club.
    https://www.google.com/fusiontables/embedviz?q=select+col2%3E%3E1+from+1gFS-R763KGsaAo0xPWJd-Xdh7T_qNvAt7GA4F2Ta&viz=MAP&h=false&lat=52.56989561430613&lng=-7.431377342525366&t=4&z=9&l=col2%3E%3E1&y=2&tmplt=2&hml=KML

deadybai wrote: »
    Thanks. What time is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

On the county scene I've heard Buckley has been tried at centre back a few times.

I saw Cody at the game. I'm sure he observed Buckleys discomfort at CB. What'll he have made of his display at CF though? Food for thought...

This is a link to map I've made which shows which clubs have won the most senior hurling All Irelands. Click on the club and it will show you the years and total of All Irelands won for Kilkenny by that club.
    https://www.google.com/fusiontables/embedviz?q=select+col2%3E%3E1+from+1gFS-R763KGsaAo0xPWJd-Xdh7T_qNvAt7GA4F2Ta&viz=MAP&h=false&lat=52.56989561430613&lng=-7.431377342525366&t=4&z=9&l=col2%3E%3E1&y=2&tmplt=2&hml=KML

Great work, well done. That took some research, much appreciated.. Great to see the outline/size of the parishes. The thing that struck me was how small the Carrickshock parish is, surely one of the smallest in the county?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭randd1

citykat wrote: »
    I saw Cody at the game. I'm sure he observed Buckleys discomfort at CB. What'll he have made of his display at CF though? Food for thought...

Buckley was the best wing back in the country last year, leave him there in my view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

randd1 wrote: »
    Buckley was the best wing back in the country last year, leave him there in my view.

My comment was in reply to him being tried at CB. John Power had him in all sorts of trouble last week at CB. He got switched to CF and was key to the Boro turnaround. I've no problem leaving him at HB but if he can do more for the team up front (assuming HB is well covered), he'd be an option. Remember when Fogarty was struggling in the corner before switching to MF. IMO he was one of the best midfielders in the country last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

phkk wrote: »
    Great work, well done. That took some research, much appreciated.. Great to see the outline/size of the parishes. The thing that struck me was how small the Carrickshock parish is, surely one of the smallest in the county?

Thanks I'm glad people are enjoying it. Ah they were things I'd already done separately so I just brought them together. Carrickshock is not that small but it is unusual that it's in two parts if you click on it both pieces should be highlighted one around Stoneyford and the other around Hugginstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Result of the Legend's Return match in Lisdowney:
    All Stars 7-16 KK Legends 10-9

.... fairly low scoring match.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Thanks I'm glad people are enjoying it. Ah they were things I'd already done separately so I just brought them together. Carrickshock is not that smaller but it is unusual that it's in two parts if you click on it both pieces should be highlighted one around Stoneyford and the other around Hugginstown.

I am surprised the Boro have non from mid-2000's. Thought Brian Barry would have won one then but I suppose he was not around long enough. Would have been starting for Kilkenny when Cork were winning two in a row I'd say?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I am surprised the Boro have non from mid-2000's. Thought Brian Barry would have won one then but I suppose he was not around long enough. Would have been starting for Kilkenny when Cork were winning two in a row I'd say?
    Yah his timing was bad. Studying medicine and going to Australia were the reasons, he would have had a good career with the county I'm sure otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Kenajonn

Just back from the match Kilkenny very impressive backs really strong. Some great goals, Ritchie Hogan MOM. Bad foul by Lygn near the end. We seem to have much more speed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Kenajonn wrote: »
    Just back from the match Kilkenny very impressive backs really strong. Some great goals, Ritchie Hogan MOM. Bad foul by Lygn near the end. We seem to have much more speed this year.

What was the score of the match please.

mullinr2 wrote: »

KK 3-25 Limerick 0-17 according to Twitter.

CGW1KsaXEAA7vUX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭me89

mullinr2 wrote: »

3-25 to 0-16.
    I heard Michael Rice came on in the 2nd half, great to have him back in a Kilkenny jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭blackcard

It looks like Joey Holden will get the nod at full back and he should be the only change from 1 to 9 from the AI replay.Ger Aylward was playing well enough until getting injured. Richie Hogan was class. Kevin Kelly had some nice touches. But still have to sort out a few positions in the forwards particularly if Richie Power is not fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Great to have Michael Rice back, hes had a torrid time of it the last couple of years. Hopefully he can kick on now and get back to playing as we know he can. If he can manage that he will be almost like a new player for us considering we havent had him properly for the best part of 3 years.

It will also be interesting to see how Joey gets on at Full Back come Championship time and Kevin Kelly seems to be finally finding his feet at Senior Intercounty level. I always felt that all he needed was that chance to show what he can do and he would be away. Probably taken slightly longer than expected. Similarly with Ger Aylward, hope he can kick on too, hes had a few injuries that have set him back

Richie Hogan was super this evening. Best player on the pitch. Paul Murphy and Buckley also played really well. Thought the defence on a whole did a good job. As someone else said Ger Aylward started very well then missed a decent goal chance and got injured but was still impressive for the half he played. Didnt think John Power or Walter Walsh played that well but Im sure they will be a lot better at championship time. Good to see Michael Rice back and he took his point well.

Have to question what good that match will do for Limerick, I know the result or the performance doesnt matter but they suffered a few injuries tonight and they wouldnt want to be missing anyone for their next match because of an injury picked up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Buck Melanoma

kksaints wrote: »
    Richie Hogan was super this evening. Best player on the pitch. Paul Murphy and Buckley also played really well. Thought the defence on a whole did a good job. As someone else said Ger Aylward started very well then missed a decent goal chance and got injured but was still impressive for the half he played. Didnt think John Power or Walter Walsh played that well but Im sure they will be a lot better at championship time. Good to see Michael Rice back and he took his point well.

Have to question what good that match will do for Limerick, I know the result or the performance doesnt matter but they suffered a few injuries tonight and they wouldnt want to be missing anyone for their next match because of an injury picked up tonight.

To add to this, think it was the third match in a week for the Limerick lads(round of club matches this weekend) this can lead to injuries due to tiredness, also thought Matthew Ruth showed up well as sub for Ger Alyward. Kilkenny backs were very good and it was noticeable how much harder Limerick had to work for their scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Anyone fancy our chances tomorrow night against the Dubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

How did Kevin Kelly show at full forward? Was Holden solid at full back?

How did Kevin Kelly show at full forward? Was Holden solid at full back?

Holden did well at full back. Kelly was fine nothing too spectacular but not bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

kksaints wrote: »
    Holden did well at full back. Kelly was fine nothing too spectacular but not bad either.

Ok KKsaints, thanks for that. The more game time Kelly gets, the better he'll become. Hopefully Joey will settle well at FB but it's a different matter at county level. I'd say the break with Nat. League will do us no harm this year. Freshen things up a bit and give the lads a bit of a chance to recharge the batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Anyone here know much about the under 21 team.

Darren Brennan (St. Lachtains)

2. Conor Delaney (Erin’s Own)

3. Cíaran Wallace (Erin’s Own)

4. Evan Cody (Dicksboro) (Capt.)

5. Jason Cleere (Bennettstbridge)

6. Diarmuid Cody (James Stephens)

7. Paddy Deegan (O’Loughlin/Gaels)

8. James Maher (St. Lachtains)

9. Mark Mansfield (Mullinavat)

10. Cíaran Ryan (Rower/Inistioge)

11. Willie Brennan (Fenians)

12. Liam Blanchfield (Bennettsbridge)