Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What a crazy ECM run!!! Ireland would be under deep deep snow if it were to come off, an absolute belter.

The easterly feed begins Tuesday with snow showers pushing in to the east!

Recm721.gif

By Friday a snow storm is pushing up from the south giving blizzards in places

Recm1441.gif

A second active snowy event on Sunday next/

Recm1921.gif

Up there with the snowiest runs i have ever seen. Insane

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭maw368

Well some unexpected snow here in South Wales too. For a while it was the largest flakes I've ever seen, it was bordering on being cartoon like. Instead of the 4 degrees and heavy rain we got snowflakes on roids.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Is that cloud heading south?
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The fact that we're looking out at 96hrs and there's disagreement in the models is fantastic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Is that cloud heading south?
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Looks that way and there's some schleet in it too:)

• Advertisement

It's 3.9c here with a DP of +0.5

Would need to be heavy precip to bring down the cold air.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

If this is a repeat of last week’s non-event, all I can say is: “Come back Positive Weather Solutions – all is forgiven”.

Couldn’t see the logic of those who prayed for a thick covering of the white stuff last week but still got caught up in the excitement generated here. Advised my son to leave the car at home and take the bus for his trip to Dublin which was happening at the height of the supposed snow event. Posts and pictures here showing plenty of snow so I asked the young fella how he managed to get through it all. He said he didn’t see ANY snow from the time he left until he was back home again.

This time I will take it all with a pinch of salt – or should I save the salt, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

0c here now with a dew point of -1, anything that falls will not be rain, real feel is about -4 with 92% humidity, it feels fecking cold, that damp cold that gets you right to the bone...

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

2c here:P

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

What a crazy ECM run!!! Ireland would be under deep deep snow if it were to come off, an absolute belter.

The easterly feed begins Tuesday with snow showers pushing in to the east!

Recm721.gif

By Friday a snow storm is pushing up from the south giving blizzards in places

Recm1441.gif

A second active snowy event on Sunday next/

Recm1921.gif

Up there with the snowiest runs i have ever seen. Insane

i remember maq posting something like these charts,i think at the start of the winter saying they were the most amazing ecm runs ever for snow but alas they were a big flop and changed completly nearer the time .... maybe just maybe this time they will hold out;)....but i have serious doubts considering its mid march and the days are getting longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

This website bases its output on the ECM and gives a great graphical representation of just how snowy the potential is if it were to verify (hint, very)

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/long.html

This would give 4 solid days of significant snow from next Friday, and also snow Tuesday night into Wednesday.

Of course a lot can change between now and then.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

howlinwolf wrote: »
    i remember maq posting something like these charts,i think at the start of the winter saying they were the most amazing ecm runs ever for snow but alas they were a big flop and changed completly nearer the time .... maybe just maybe this time they will hold out;)....but i have serious doubts considering its mid march and the days are getting longer.

Difference now is that there is a (very) cold pool of air over northern and north eastern Europe to tap into which was not there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Youneckfreak

It's all over roll on spring !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

BBC Forecast showing snow showers over much of Donegal tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Was 8.2 in Sligo today but then hailed no snow yet but icy last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Wow fantastic Ecm run tonight but boy oh boy do I wish we were back in january:(...Anyways interesting week ahead weather wise whatever happens:)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Shanes hill is snowed in. Turned back to sleet here on east coast then snow then sleet:D Love this weather.

So we have a band of precip moving south towards the capital that could fall as snow and the Dublin radar is out!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

So we have a band of precip moving south towards the capital that could fall as snow and the Dublin radar is out!

Was just about to post similar thoughts.

Radar does not look much, but Dublin radar is off at the moment. There is a heavy enough band of ppn approaching Dublin - which is producing snow in places (heavy snow reported from Glenane in Co. Armagh at 0600).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

It's been snowing here in Drogheda for over 10 mins now. t's very wet and barely sticking. Kinda starting to stick now a tiny bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Been snowing on and off here in Blanch/Tyrellstown:eek:

A white paddy's day:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

solas111 wrote: »
    If this is a repeat of last week’s non-event, all I can say is: “Come back Positive Weather Solutions.
    Was hardly a non event last week. Does it have to be Dublin to count as an event?

The morning ECM not as striking as last night but still a snow-event for parts Thursday/Friday.

Indication of mild air making it by the weekend, Saturday into Sunday.

Yes precip falling as sleety rain in Dublin. Hopefully some intensity will tip the balance, but a bit late in the morning, would of preferred at 4am!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Looking at http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/?type=rain-snow-sleet
    looks like Dublin is getting snow at the moment. Are ye?

Sorry Weathercheck just answered my question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Fluffy heavy snow in Swords now. Happy Paddys day all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Weather here is kinda turning more sleety, Swords. The Parade isn't until noon. I hope it clears up.

Lovely clear, mild morning in Dundalk. Reminds me of all of last winter. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Snowing in Clonee. Would need to get a lot heavier to stick though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Snowing on the Navan road but not sticking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement