Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

interesting to note that the coldest March of the 20th century was in 1962 and another very cold March was 1916, both of the following winters were severe. :)
    The first ramp for winter 2013/14 I think.

Good man, now I am ramped up and its ages to winter ! ha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Enjoying watching this develop.

On a side note, i see Hungary stole our snow storm - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130315/eu-europe-snow/?utm_hp_ref=technology&ir=technology

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The word mild banished from met.ie forecast now, remaining cold for the week.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ECM not giving up or backtracking this morning. :) Bit of a battleground situtaion over Ireland next week with low pressure to our south and dividing line between 'mild'(er) and cold air over the middle of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Severe frost this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

The ice was so thick here when I looked out I thought there had been a light dusting of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Deank wrote: »
    The ice was so thick here when I looked out I thought there had been a light dusting of snow.

ah your just obsessed with Snow now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

ah your just obsessed with Snow now :P
    Snow what :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

Beauftul mild sunny day in Waterford ,long may it continue .

Snowing in Parts of Co.Antrim at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

decies wrote: »
    Beauftul mild sunny day in Waterford ,long may it continue .
    A mild 3 degrees! Lovely in the Sun though, Sun has done a right job on the frost already. Was -2 when i got up at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

My garden max min thermometer (at 2metres height) had a minimum of -5.9 for last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

7 deg and glorious in the south east

MET UK warning for the North

Issued at - 16 Mar 2013, 11:25
    Valid from - 16 Mar 2013, 21:00
    Valid to - 17 Mar 2013, 09:00

There is a risk of icy patches forming on untreated surfaces later on Saturday evening and during the early hours of Sunday, particularly where surfaces have been left wet by earlier showers.

Further wintry showers are possible in the north, whilst an area of more widespread rain, sleet and hill snow is expected to spread from the north later in the night. Accumulations of snow will be restricted to high ground, with a risk of 3-8 cm over the Antrim and Sperrin Hills with strengthening northwesterly winds increasing the risk of accretion on power lines.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption from these wintry hazards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Just had a heavy Hail storm out of nowhere in Dublin City D2 ..not showing on the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

DominoDub wrote: »
    Just had a heavy Hail storm out of nowhere in Dublin City D2 ..not showing on the radar.

Same here (D4) soft hail constant for 10 mins, grass went white even though it's warm, weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

max at Dublin Airport yesterday was 9.9c which means temps have been in single figures here for exactly a month since it reached 13c on Feb 16th.
    temps for March are 3.2c below normal so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Left the house in Balbriggan area at 8.30 on the bike for a jaunt around North County Dublin. The cars had a thick coat of frost but roofs and ground were fine.
    After approx 1 hour had to take my jacket off.Sunny for most of the spin and when sheltered from the wind was pleasant. But once you got into the wind it was a different story. Very Chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 snowtime

DominoDub wrote: »

Saw the cloud top of that shower from Skerries, narrow but impressive. Looks like there is another one building now in much the same place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

snowtime wrote: »
    Saw the cloud top of that shower from Skerries, narrow but impressive. Looks like there is another one building now in much the same place!

Yep ..just unloading some more Hail now ...great watching the Convection build up as it moves across Dublin Bay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

It's snowing in Bangor ! Very wet snow after sleeting most of the day so far:)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Snowing very heavy here on East coast of Antrim. Wasn't expecting that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Decent sized hail falling at Dublin airport right now. Largest hail I've seen in years.

Heavy snow in Bangor now - this is really unexpected!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Not sure if you can see it in pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Snowing heavy for last hour in county down (middle). Starting to stick. Big huge flakes.

stooge wrote: »
    Snowing heavy for last hour in county down (middle). Starting to stick. Big huge flakes.
    Yes - grass starting to turn white even here on the coast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Glad snow is falling in Down, even by the sea!

Egg on the faces of many who said it wouldn't be cold enough.

Come back in April? Nah I think I'll stick around the next week and hopefully many people can see some ninja snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Have had three snow showers this afternoon, not settling here but it is further up the mountain at aprox 350m, tonight could be interesting, its 1.9 C here right now and falling fast.

• Advertisement

Some huge pink blobs over Larne at the moment on raintoday radar, if you do a quick twitter search for Larne, you can see photos of snow there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement