Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭crunchie1

still waiting! Doc wouldn't do sweep on mon, but booked for induction next mon..1 week over today- impatient now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

So ladies, had my sweep on Tuesday.. Started getting contractions on Tuesday night at ten o clock... Went into hospital at half five on Wednesday evening and I was four centimetres dilated... Baby born at one forty eight early Thursday morning... Nine pounds exactly... Only got one little stitch which I'm so happy about because I knew she was going to be big and that frightened the bejesus out of me.. I'm breastfeeding and on our first feed she stopped breathing and turned blue on me... She had to he rushed off and put on oxygen... Very scary... She had mucous which blocked her airways.. We re both doing really well now.. We called her Sophie... She a sleeping I write... Hope all is well with ye ladies

Crunchie, keep the spirits up... I know it's not easy... Wonder why the doc wouldn't do a sweep... Strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

undecided wrote: »
    Hang in there I wouldn't want to come out of a cosy mammy into a freezing cold world :) it's tough but it will be worth it :) maybe ask for another sweep surprised it didn't work the first time!

Thats a good way of looking at it :) Yeah I really thought it might work, think they will do another one on monday and hopefully that will work before my induction on wednesday.

Crunchie thats strange they wouldnt do a sweep for you did they say why?

congrats gonzp :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Better late than never. Our second was born last night. 10 days late.
    Weighed in at 10 lbs 10 1/2.and very long.
    Waters were broken by Dr and born 5 hours later.
    Had to go to neo natal as his oxygen level was down but is doing well.Let wife get her first sleep in 4 days.:)
    Our first only weighed 7 lb5.

Congrats Gonzp & tatranska..hope all is well. Being induced in the morn, really hope I go on my own before then!! On the stepper all day and having fajitas for dinner!!!
    When I asked the doc to do a sweep all she said was that there was no point putting me in that much discomfort..prob thought I'd go myself..

• Advertisement

Just back from seeing junior. Spent the last 2 nights in neo natal but getting sent down to the ward later today for despatch tomorrow...and then all the fun and games begin again. Seems to be a sleeper which bodes well.:D

Hi..just a quick update, had induction mon morn at 6.. Baby girl arrived safe and well at 7.27 pm weighing in at 8 lb 6.. came home yesterday and all is well

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

How much are all your babies drinking? Lil man is clearing 4oz every three hours! He only 2 1/2 weeks and has went from 6lb 11ozs to 8lb 6. Seems a lot don't want to over feed him.

How much are all your babies drinking? Lil man is clearing 4oz every three hours! He only 2 1/2 weeks and has went from 6lb 11ozs to 8lb 6. Seems a lot don't want to over feed him.

don't worry about over feeding. they will tell you when they're full.
    mine is a week old and taking 4oz every 2-3 hours since day 4. weighed 10lb10 at birth

• Advertisement

mine is a week old and taking 4oz every 2-3 hours since day 4. weighed 10lb10 at birth

Thanks for this :) my other two wouldn't have been as demanding for feeds so wasn't sure if would be too much as he so young. Typical male loves his grub:)

Omg 10lb10 :0

Thanks for this :) my other two wouldn't have been as demanding for feeds so wasn't sure if would be too much as he so young. Typical male loves his grub:)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

I'm Breastfeeding so have no idea how much my little man drinks so this is good to know. I'm goin to a panto tomorrow night with my little girl and husband and granny will be mindin my 3 week old so now I know to leave at least 4 oz and some extra just in case!

I'm Breastfeeding so have no idea how much my little man drinks so this is good to know. I'm goin to a panto tomorrow night with my little girl and husband and granny will be mindin my 3 week old so now I know to leave at least 4 oz and some extra just in case!

our first was only 7lb 5.
    both were long , the latest coming in at 56 cm which is 4cm longer than the average. there's only a cm on the difference and oit eldest is almost 4 feet at 3 years old.

just make sure to wind them in the middle of the feed and don't always thing they Will take the same at e dry feed. he only took 3 oz now. Hopefully I'll vet go bed an catch 2 hours sleep ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Congrats to all, surely all the November babies are here by now anyway! I've updated the list apologies if I got anyone's date wrong.

@Undecided- our little men are the same age and my guy is easily taking the 4oz, today was the first day I actually put 5oz in all my bottles as I hate seeing him looking for more at the end of our feed. I also bought some hungry baby formula to give for a couple of the night feeds in the hope it'll make him last a bit longer. I don't really know what I'm doing just trial and error at the moment. Still don't have much of a routine- we have some great days and then some terrible ones..

Calhoun's Wife- 4th Nov- *Girl Born 6th Oct*
    Chuckster - 4th Nov - Australia - *Girl born 27th Oct*
    puddle duck - 8th Nov - Rotunda -*Boy born 19th Nov*
    Courtney1234 - 11th Nov - Coombe- * Girl born 24th Nov*
    Legofan - Nov12th - Donegal- *Boy born 22nd Nov*
    sweet chilli - 12th Nov - Rotunda
    BriarPatch- 13th Nov- Rotunda- *Boy born 24th Nov*
    phat Albert's wife - 14th Nov - * Girl born 9th Nov*
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    Oral Slang- 18th Nov Rotunda
    red fraggle - 21st Nov-Wexford *Boy born 19th Nov*
    Undecided- 21st Nov- Portlaoise - * Boy born 24th Nov*
    Ameee - 27th Nov-Rotunda-
    Crunchie1 - 29th Nov- * Girl born 9th Dec*
    Kandr10 -29th Nov- Rotunda * Girl born 9th Nov*
    Gonzp- 29th Nov- Wexford * Girl born 4th Dec*
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov - Rotunda
    Tatranska - * Boy born 7th Dec*

petite lapin - 15th Nov
    Gonzp- 29th Nov- Wexford * Girl born 5th Dec*

Hi all, I just changed my date to the fifth, hope thats ok..

Hope everyone is doing well..My little lady is brilliant. She s sleeping so well and is so content. We are blessed with her....Im breast feeding and am finding that a little difficult. The hardest part I have is keeping her awake for feeds. She s a devil for falling asleep. Nurse is kinda worried because she is not back up to birth weight yet.... Hopefully we ll get better at it... Take care ladies and enjoy your little ones....

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Hey everyone sorry thought i updated been a mad week :-) aria was born on the 8th a week late 7 pound 12 she is perfect we are all madly in love! She was born stargazing so needed the vacuum as she was very stuck narrowly avoided an emergency section i was on the last push they were allowing me apparently but the bruising to her head has all cleared up now :-) congratulations to everyone else

ameee wrote: »
    Hey everyone sorry thought i updated been a mad week :-) aria was born on the 8th a week late 7 pound 12 she is perfect we are all madly in love! She was born stargazing so needed the vacuum as she was very stuck narrowly avoided an emergency section i was on the last push they were allowing me apparently but the bruising to her head has all cleared up now :-) congratulations to everyone else
    my son was badly bruised as well but cleared up in a few days. just waiting to feed him while wife gets number 1 to bed.

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Congrats to all, surely all the November babies are here by now anyway! I've updated the list apologies if I got anyone's date wrong.

@Undecided- our little men are the same age and my guy is easily taking the 4oz, today was the first day I actually put 5oz in all my bottles as I hate seeing him looking for more at the end of our feed. I also bought some hungry baby formula to give for a couple of the night feeds in the hope it'll make him last a bit longer. I don't really know what I'm doing just trial and error at the moment. Still don't have much of a routine- we have some great days and then some terrible ones..

petite lapin - 15th Nov
    Gonzp- 29th Nov- Wexford * Girl born 4th Dec*

Thanks; ) I've started making the 5oz as well the little extra seems to make him last closer to the four hours. I did mention the hungrier food to baby nurse and she said wait it out a little longer. Be really interested to know how your little man goes with it.

• Advertisement

Hope all the November babies are thriving and doing well ... Merry Christmas to everyone... Enjoy the day with your little babbas...

Take Care,
    Gonzp

Does anyone check this board anymore? Any day now there will be a due in November 2014 thread appearing!

How are all the mammies and babies doing? I can't believe how fast the days fly by we're almost at the 3 month mark already.

He's currently down on his playmat and actually trying to touch the toys hanging off the top of it:eek: It's things like that which make me realise how much he is coming along!

How is everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I was just thinking that! It won't be long til the 2014 one appears. Where does a year go!! I'm loving seeing the changes and bits of progress too. I have the line full of the 3-6 month clothes. Really should have been more organised. Had to change her twice to get something that fit today and the poor thing can hardly stretch her legs out at all in the babygros...eek!
    How is your little one sleeping? It's the first thing everyone says - is she sleeping through for you? Having a bit of success with getting her down a bit earlier but she still gets a feed about 4-5am.

Hope everyone's getting on well :-)

Hi all!! I Usually post in the newborn and toddlers off topic thread now!! It's in parenting I think!

My little man is doin great. Not so little. He is in 6 to 9 month clothes!! He is really aware now and starting to grab things. He smiles with his entire face which is gorgeous and he has a heartbreaking sad lip!!! He also has a top tooth!!! But it looks a bit weird so gonna get health nurse to check it on Monday at the 3 month check! Dunno where the time is goin. He still wakes at night for a feed but it's only once so that's o.k though I'd love a full nights sleep! hopin he doesn't go backwards on me though!!

I got out to an exercise class last week. It was annoyin me that my husband could easily go off trainin but I had to really plan. So Tue night's I get out and daddy puts two kids to bed and gives expressed bottle of milk for now.

Hope everyone is doin well!!

Hi all!! I Usually post in the newborn and toddlers off topic thread now!! It's in parenting I think!

My little man is doin great. Not so little. He is in 6 to 9 month clothes!! He is really aware now and starting to grab things. He smiles with his entire face which is gorgeous and he has a heartbreaking sad lip!!! He also has a top tooth!!! But it looks a bit weird so gonna get health nurse to check it on Monday at the 3 month check! Dunno where the time is goin. He still wakes at night for a feed but it's only once so that's o.k though I'd love a full nights sleep! hopin he doesn't go backwards on me though!!

I got out to an exercise class last week. It was annoyin me that my husband could easily go off trainin but I had to really plan. So Tue night's I get out and daddy puts two kids to bed and gives expressed bottle of milk for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Can't believe he's in 6-9 month clothes! I've just got out all the 3-6 month stuff and can't get over how long they are. Though in fairness she should've been in them weeks ago poor thing. Bad mammy not getting organised sooner!
    Was your lo in much pain with the tooth? Think we're starting the teething thing here but it's all new to me haven't a clue! Off to newborn and toddlers with me. Think I'm in denial that 3 months has gone by :-)

kandr10 wrote: »
    Can't believe he's in 6-9 month clothes! I've just got out all the 3-6 month stuff and can't get over how long they are. Though in fairness she should've been in them weeks ago poor thing. Bad mammy not getting organised sooner!
    Was your lo in much pain with the tooth? Think we're starting the teething thing here but it's all new to me haven't a clue! Off to newborn and toddlers with me. Think I'm in denial that 3 months has gone by :-)

I don't know if he was in pain the poor thing cos I didn't really think he would get a tooth so quick!! He is definitely in pain now on and off. Have Amber necklace on him and use teetha sachet every now and then which give him instant relief!!

kandr10 wrote: »

I don't know if he was in pain the poor thing cos I didn't really think he would get a tooth so quick!! He is definitely in pain now on and off. Have Amber necklace on him and use teetha sachet every now and then which give him instant relief!!

• Advertisement

Red Fraggle I can't believe you're into the 6-9month clothes already I feel guilty now I haven't even taken out my 3-6 months yet although his toes do seem a bit squashed now in his 0-3s bad mammy!

I thought he might be starting the teething process as his hand is always stuck in his mouth and he's drooling a lot but then I thought 12 weeks would be too early for that but obviously not!

What is an amber necklace?

We're lucky he's a great sleeper and sleeps from 11.30pm to 7.30/8am since he was 6 weeks old- it makes such a difference to get a proper nights sleep!
    I must check out the other forum..

Advertisement