Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Congrats puddle duck:)

Got sweep earlier been feeling uncomfortable since not sure if it's that or just me been feeling crap anyway. Doc said head was well down and seemed optimistic would work so here's hoping :) really hope it will start walking is unbearable at this stage :/
    Thanks for tips red fraggle :)

Congrats puddle duck:)

Got sweep earlier been feeling uncomfortable since not sure if it's that or just me been feeling crap anyway. Doc said head was well down and seemed optimistic would work so here's hoping :) really hope it will start walking is unbearable at this stage :/
    Thanks for tips red fraggle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Baby James arrived Tues night. Induction went well. Got gel applied at 9pm Monday night. Started feeling contractions at 2am. Some people don't feel them as quick and may need to get a second gel. Got checked out Tuesday morning at 9am and I was already 3-4cm. I was shocked - pain was manageable. They then broke my waters and at about 2pm they gave me a drip to speed up contractions - way more intense than regular contractions. So I would recommend getting an epi shortly after that. All was good until the pushing stage and I ended up getting forceps. Pushing for almost 2 hours - but you really do forget about all of that once you hold your baby. Came home yesterday eve and doing great.

Congratulations! Hope you and baby are doing well :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

wife due any day now. she's feeling really uncomfortable now and getting more braxton hicks. roll on more sleepless nights and dirty nappies :D

Baby Nicholas arrived 340 am on Sunday weighing 6lb 11ozs :) he arrived inside d bag of water which then exploded everywhere saturating half d room !

• Advertisement

Baby Nicholas arrived 340 am on Sunday weighing 6lb 11ozs :) he arrived inside d bag of water which then exploded everywhere saturating half d room !

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

Congrats undecided. Hope you and baby are doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

Congrats Undecided... I'm so jealous of all ye ladies...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Courtney1234

Baby Isla arrived Sunday morning @ 5 weighing in at 6 lbs 6 - thank god that's over

Baby Isla arrived Sunday morning @ 5 weighing in at 6 lbs 6 - thank god that's over

Congratulations :)

• Advertisement

Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 legofan

my goodness its a baby boom, well my beautiful baby boy was born on 22nd Nov, induced at 7:30am and pains started in earnest around 12 oclock, baby joined us at 6:30. it was a tough journey but all worth it to see my gorgeous little boy, well not so little, 8lb 8oz!

Congrats to all the other ladies hope you are all enjoying your time with your little bundles of joy;)

its gona be a very special Christmas for us all x

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Morning all,

It's been busy here since I've been gone- Massive congrats to all on the new arrivals!

Baby Daragh was born at 3.13am on the 24th Nov weighing 8lbs exactly:D

Went in for induction on Saturday morning at 7.30am but had to have an emergency C Section in the end so we are only just home from hospital but delighted to be home and getting used to life with my little man!

Calhoun's Wife- 4th Nov- *Girl Born 6th Oct*
    Chuckster - 4th Nov - Australia - *Girl born 27th Oct*
    puddle duck - 8th Nov - Rotunda -*Boy born 19th Nov*
    Courtney1234 - 11th Nov - Coombe- * Girl born 24th Nov*
    Legofan - Nov12th - Donegal- *Boy born 22nd Nov*
    sweet chilli - 12th Nov - Rotunda
    BriarPatch- 13th Nov- Rotunda- *Boy born 24th Nov*
    phat Albert's wife - 14th Nov - * Girl born 9th Nov*
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    Oral Slang- 18th Nov Rotunda
    red fraggle - 21st Nov-Wexford *Boy born 19th Nov*
    Undecided- 21st Nov- Portlaoise - * Boy born 24th Nov*
    Ameee - 27th Nov-Rotunda
    Crunchie1 - 29th Nov
    Kandr10 -29th Nov- Rotunda * Girl born 9th Nov*
    Gonzp- 29th Nov- Wexford
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov - Rotunda

Congrats to all of ye, so jealous... Officially over due now... The clock is ticking....

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭crunchie1

Gonzp wrote: »
    Congrats to all of ye, so jealous... Officially over due now... The clock is ticking....

Jealous also Gonzp..think I keep imagining twinges at this stage..hopefully today

Good luck

Same to you Crunchie1....Hopefully we ll both have good news soon... I'm the same, every movement, pain, cramp has me on alert...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

congratulations to you all Im very jealous! My due date got put back to today so I am officially due and not a thing going on :( I had my son at 36 weeks and my daughter on her due date so think this one is going to be my late one. Im in the rotunda tomorow for a sweep and to get a date for induction if nothing happens I guess

wife was due last Thursday. the waiting is killing me :)

How's everyone getting on? My little man is ten days old already it's flying by dread going back to work already:/ swore i wouldn't spoil this baby but I just can't leave him alone. ..he is going to be ruined:) can't believe how easily all the baby stuff came back to me I thought I would forget everything :)

How's everyone getting on? My little man is ten days old already it's flying by dread going back to work already:/ swore i wouldn't spoil this baby but I just can't leave him alone. ..he is going to be ruined:) can't believe how easily all the baby stuff came back to me I thought I would forget everything :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

undecided wrote: »

Our little men were born on the same day ;)

I'm finding it tough going so far but I'm a first time mammy so I have everything to learn!

I gave up the breast feeding after 6 days I just couldn't keep up with him he wanted to feed 24/7, trying to get into a routine with bottles now...

Met the public health nurse on Monday and she suggested he might have reflux- going to the GP tomorrow so will see what they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

My little man is 13 days old and doing great. He put on over a pound in a week which I'm delighted with cos he's a bit of a puker and has short feeds but now I know he's o.k.! Public health nurse said could have reflux so goin to tilt the Moses basket slightly tonight see if it helps. Hope so!

My little man is 13 days old and doing great. He put on over a pound in a week which I'm delighted with cos he's a bit of a puker and has short feeds but now I know he's o.k.! Public health nurse said could have reflux so goin to tilt the Moses basket slightly tonight see if it helps. Hope so!

Ladies not sure if it is any good but heard advert in chemist today for drops that break down lactase in baby milk making it easier for them to digest. Think it's called lacteese. Might be worth a shot. Also I swear by boiled water. ..oz couple of times a day. It's horrible when they are pukey had it with my other two so I started water as soon as I left hospital. Hths :)

Ladies not sure if it is any good but heard advert in chemist today for drops that break down lactase in baby milk making it easier for them to digest. Think it's called lacteese. Might be worth a shot. Also I swear by boiled water. ..oz couple of times a day. It's horrible when they are pukey had it with my other two so I started water as soon as I left hospital. Hths :)

undecided wrote: »
    add a tip of a spoon of brown sugar to the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

four days over now and Im very fed up :( really hope I go soon dont want to need an induction

ameee wrote: »
    four days over now and Im very fed up :( really hope I go soon dont want to need an induction

Hang in there I wouldn't want to come out of a cosy mammy into a freezing cold world :) it's tough but it will be worth it :) maybe ask for another sweep surprised it didn't work the first time!

• Advertisement

ameee wrote: »

Hang in there I wouldn't want to come out of a cosy mammy into a freezing cold world :) it's tough but it will be worth it :) maybe ask for another sweep surprised it didn't work the first time!

Advertisement