Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Gonzp wrote: »
    Thanks for that, Im down there on Tuesday for a check up... My doc said that the head is engaged.....So we are all ready to go... Thank god...

cool. im down on tuesday too!! unless i go early at the weekend;) wishful thinking!! im 39 weeks today and dont feel anything unusual. some braxton hicks on and off but not as much as last tuesday. ah well, with that bug down there id rather baby waited!

its exciting hearing about possible inductions as it makes it all so real and there is an end date! hoping none of ye or me have to wait for the inductions though. im down for appointment on tuesday and will be 2 days off due date. do ye think they will do a sweep then? i hope so though not liking the thoughts of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

cool. im down on tuesday too!! unless i go early at the weekend;) wishful thinking!! im 39 weeks today and dont feel anything unusual. some braxton hicks on and off but not as much as last tuesday. ah well, with that bug down there id rather baby waited!

Ah our paths may cross then so...God I can't wait now at this stage, its really starting to drag...Hope all goes well down there...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

its exciting hearing about possible inductions as it makes it all so real and there is an end date! hoping none of ye or me have to wait for the inductions though. im down for appointment on tuesday and will be 2 days off due date. do ye think they will do a sweep then? i hope so though not liking the thoughts of it!

I don't know about Wexford but in the Rotunda they told me they only do Sweeps once you've reached your due date but it probably totally depends on what doctor you see on the day anyway coz Ive heard conflicting reports on that too!

Did you have an induction on your first?

BriarPatch wrote: »
    I don't know about Wexford but in the Rotunda they told me they only do Sweeps once you've reached your due date but it probably totally depends on what doctor you see on the day anyway coz Ive heard conflicting reports on that too!

Did you have an induction on your first?

im hoping cos ill only be 2 days off due date then they will do a sweep!

i never made it that far with my first. she came 8 days early and it was a lovely surprise :D. waters broke first then i brought on labour by walking all the stairs in the hospital!!! would love to go that way again but who knows.

• Advertisement

Ah you were lucky first time so!

Anyone have any news?

I feel like time is passing so slowly right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

Walked so much yesterday. We were out at 2am for a walk!! Again after breakfast and then after lunch. Had a curry for dinner. Looks like this induction will go ahead tomorrow. Off to the cinema this evening for some distraction. Hopefully I get a good nights sleep.

Haha I too was walking loads yesterday and had a curry for dinner.

I did feel really bad pressure in my pelvis after but nothing happening today!

Best of luck for tomorrow, don't forget to come back and update us with all the details!

Haha I too was walking loads yesterday and had a curry for dinner.

I did feel really bad pressure in my pelvis after but nothing happening today!

Best of luck for tomorrow, don't forget to come back and update us with all the details!

I will update you with the details. I wish you were in before me and updating me with the details :) it's fear of the unknown now.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

How's everyone getting on? Looks like this baby is going to be a lazy one. All gone quiet the last few days. This is the closest to my due date I've been was two weeks earlier on the other two. Hopefully things will move soon. Getting impatient now :)

Good luck tomorrow puddle duck :)

• Advertisement

How's everyone getting on? Looks like this baby is going to be a lazy one. All gone quiet the last few days. This is the closest to my due date I've been was two weeks earlier on the other two. Hopefully things will move soon. Getting impatient now :)

i too am getting impatient! and ppl asking any stir yet is not helping!!

whats also annoying is braxton hicks.last night they started at 11.30 and were 7 to 10 mins apart. i really thought that it was it! at 2.30 still the same but no big pain so after some googling i decided to go to sleep!!! so nothing. needless to say today i was in a bit of bad form especially when ppl kept asking and saying stupid things!! seriously talk about the weather instead.

anyone else experiencing strong braxton hicks?

hoping on tuesday they will check me and let me know if anything is even thinking of happening. just so i know!

goodluck with the induction tomorrow. we will eagerly await word! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭crunchie1

Hi all, finished work on fri, had hospital yesterday, doc said head is down since 30 weeks and well down now..they said it won't be long..hopefully- will have to get walking the rds!!hope all is well with everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Hi All,

Just letting you know that Red Fraggle had baby boy at 22.38 last night the 19th. Weighing in at 8.6 :eek:
    She should be coming home tomorrow so i will let her tell you all about how amazing she was. Lets just say the mid wife was a little stunned.

Hi All,

Just letting you know that Red Fraggle had baby boy at 22.38 last night the 19th. Weighing in at 8.6 :eek:
    She should be coming home tomorrow so i will let her tell you all about how amazing she was. Lets just say the mid wife was a little stunned.

Ah great news congratulations:) very jealous tho:)

Hi All,

Ah great news congratulations:) very jealous tho:)

Congrats RedFraggle... Delighted, looking forward to finding out why the midwife was stunned.. Sounds interesting... Hope you and baby are doing well...

Ah massive congrats Red Fraggle, I too am very jealous of you!

Only a couple of days for me to wait now, hope Puddle Duck wasn't too traumatised by her induction experience!

Rotunda rang me yesterday just asking if I was feeling alright, it was a bit random..

Calhoun's Wife- 4th Nov- *Girl Born 6th Oct*
    Chuckster - 4th Nov - Australia - *Girl born 27th Oct*
    puddle duck - 8th Nov - Rotunda
    Courtney1234 - 11th Nov - Coombe
    Legofan - Nov12th - Donegal
    sweet chilli - 12th Nov - Rotunda
    BriarPatch- 13th Nov- Rotunda
    phat Albert's wife - 14th Nov - * Girl born 9th Nov*
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    Oral Slang- 18th Nov Rotunda
    red fraggle - 21st Nov-Wexford *Boy born 19th Nov*
    Undecided- 21st Nov- Portlaoise
    Ameee - 27th Nov-Rotunda
    Crunchie1 - 29th Nov
    Kandr10 -29th Nov- Rotunda * Girl born 9th Nov*
    Gonzp- 29th Nov- Wexford
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov - Rotunda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Congrats red fraggle :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Congrats Red Fraggle!! the first boy of the group!!

• Advertisement

THANKS guys!!!! so happy. cant believe i have a son and cant believe my baby is here!!

had the sweep tue and doc said head was right there. had pains for the afternoon but passed it off at nothing. waited til i put my little one to bed at 7.30 then rang the hospital. i was breathing through at his point. got to hosp at 8.30. had trace for half an hour. midwife checked me at 10.20 and was shocked as was i that i was 9cm and baby would be here shortly!! used tens machine and breathing. gas only arrived in time to be of use for 5 mins!! my husband was brilliant at keeping me focused and encouraging me and i couldnt have done it without him. he also reminded me to keep breathing the gas and breath out all my air. it makes a difference!! gave birth kneeling as midwife said i didnt like my back from observing me earlier! she was right!! after 18mins my little man arrived. midwife said look between your legs and i was thinking why. then i saw my baby boy!! gorgeous. much bigger than expected at 8 pound 6 and i had only one babygrow to fit him! he is fully filling 0 to 3 months!!

it was not pain free!!! and the 5 mins of gas definitely helped! my tip would be to make sure your birth partner is ready to keep you focused at the end as it is hard and you think you are losing it!

any questions feel free to ask. :D

my daughter loves him and gave lots of cuddles and kisses! off to my own bed now.

goodluck to everyone hope your babies arrive safe and sound

THANKS guys!!!! so happy. cant believe i have a son and cant believe my baby is here!!

had the sweep tue and doc said head was right there. had pains for the afternoon but passed it off at nothing. waited til i put my little one to bed at 7.30 then rang the hospital. i was breathing through at his point. got to hosp at 8.30. had trace for half an hour. midwife checked me at 10.20 and was shocked as was i that i was 9cm and baby would be here shortly!! used tens machine and breathing. gas only arrived in time to be of use for 5 mins!! my husband was brilliant at keeping me focused and encouraging me and i couldnt have done it without him. he also reminded me to keep breathing the gas and breath out all my air. it makes a difference!! gave birth kneeling as midwife said i didnt like my back from observing me earlier! she was right!! after 18mins my little man arrived. midwife said look between your legs and i was thinking why. then i saw my baby boy!! gorgeous. much bigger than expected at 8 pound 6 and i had only one babygrow to fit him! he is fully filling 0 to 3 months!!

it was not pain free!!! and the 5 mins of gas definitely helped! my tip would be to make sure your birth partner is ready to keep you focused at the end as it is hard and you think you are losing it!

my daughter loves him and gave lots of cuddles and kisses! off to my own bed now.

Ah brill to hear it all went so well:) I've a appointment in morning was promised a sweep so hopefully it will get me moving. God I hope I get it as quick as you:)

Ah brill to hear it all went so well:) I've a appointment in morning was promised a sweep so hopefully it will get me moving. God I hope I get it as quick as you:)

Deligted for you Red Fraggle and fair play...Enjoy your little man...

Wow Red Fraggle, well done you! Can't believe it all happened so fast you're some kind of superwoman!

I'm going for my induction tomorrow morning, I'm absolutely terrified now today will be a long day:(

Wow Red Fraggle, well done you! Can't believe it all happened so fast you're some kind of superwoman!

I'm going for my induction tomorrow morning, I'm absolutely terrified now today will be a long day:(

Best of luck tomorrow BriarPatch, we ll all be waiting for your good news... Treat yourself today and take it very easy...

I ve one week left now, but reckon it ll be longer... Doctor reckons she s very comfortable in there and won't be moving too soon....:cool:

Gonzp wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow BriarPatch, we ll all be waiting for your good news... Treat yourself today and take it very easy...

I ve one week left now, but reckon it ll be longer... Doctor reckons she s very comfortable in there and won't be moving too soon....:cool:

Thanks for that, I'll be back to let ye all know how it goes but I don't have a high tech phone so it'll have to wait until I get home from hospital!

Baby James arrived Tues night. Induction went well. Got gel applied at 9pm Monday night. Started feeling contractions at 2am. Some people don't feel them as quick and may need to get a second gel. Got checked out Tuesday morning at 9am and I was already 3-4cm. I was shocked - pain was manageable. They then broke my waters and at about 2pm they gave me a drip to speed up contractions - way more intense than regular contractions. So I would recommend getting an epi shortly after that. All was good until the pushing stage and I ended up getting forceps. Pushing for almost 2 hours - but you really do forget about all of that once you hold your baby. Came home yesterday eve and doing great.

undecided wrote: »

goodluck! hope it goes well! walking up anddownstairs and sitting on the ball are my tips. i also drank raspberry leaf tea for last few weeks :D

• Advertisement

Baby James arrived Tues night. Induction went well. Got gel applied at 9pm Monday night. Started feeling contractions at 2am. Some people don't feel them as quick and may need to get a second gel. Got checked out Tuesday morning at 9am and I was already 3-4cm. I was shocked - pain was manageable. They then broke my waters and at about 2pm they gave me a drip to speed up contractions - way more intense than regular contractions. So I would recommend getting an epi shortly after that. All was good until the pushing stage and I ended up getting forceps. Pushing for almost 2 hours - but you really do forget about all of that once you hold your baby. Came home yesterday eve and doing great.

congrats! our babies have the same birthday and both boys :)

Advertisement