Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Gonzp wrote: »
    Sleeping is getting tough now and I'm just so tired all the time.. Still working away. I teach, so a classroom is not a place where I can take it easy...It's full on everyday.. Feel like a whale waddling around the room all day.. pain in my ribs, back and alot of pressure down below also...Can't wait till mid term....don't know if I ll make it back after, part of me thinks not and another part of me feels guilty... Hard to know if Im any good to them in this state...

Should you not be on maternity leave already if you are due in November? I can't imagine it is easy at all to sit in front of a class of kids for a whole day when you are so tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

Hi All. First day of my maternity leave. Now that this day had finally come, it's like wow this is really going to happen!! Got up this morning and started cleaning. Sitting down now, almost out of breath - I think i may have done too much. I think I will spend the rest of my day catching up on the few baby books I have - I have a lot of reading to do.

Hi All. First day of my maternity leave. Now that this day had finally come, it's like wow this is really going to happen!! Got up this morning and started cleaning. Sitting down now, almost out of breath - I think i may have done too much. I think I will spend the rest of my day catching up on the few baby books I have - I have a lot of reading to do.

My gf was like that for the first 3 or 4 weeks of her maternity leave, she was so bored she didn't know what to do :D She has gone through the whole place and even packed stuff away in boxes that we no longer use.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Have you got that Nesting burst of energy yet?
    I have the best of intention for cleaning but I'm wrecked by the time I get down the stairs!
    Had the last of my ante-natal classes today, enjoyed them but I'm glad I don't have to go back now except for my appointments- felt like I was living in the Rotunda the past few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

jester77 wrote: »
    Should you not be on maternity leave already if you are due in November? I can't imagine it is easy at all to sit in front of a class of kids for a whole day when you are so tired.

If you could sit it would be ok, but with small ones its not possible...ah we ll see what happens. Im not officially on maternity for another three weeks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Gonzp wrote: »
    If you could sit it would be ok, but with small ones its not possible...ah we ll see what happens. Im not officially on maternity for another three weeks..

my mat leave not due to start til nov 7th but doc signed me off last week cos im just too tired for work and have too many niggly pains. the last few days ive realised i deef would not be able for work!! i felt very guilty about leaving early but once i did it and was off a few days i was grand. feels so good not to be thinking about work!! also when doc knew i wasnt really wanting to finish he said think about your baby, its not for you!!! that kinda woke me up!!!

dying to clean up but between tiredness and trying to give my 21 month old as much attention as possible before baby arrives im finding it hard. shes very good but is def all about her mammy lately! as for cleaning i was delighted when i cleaned crap out of my windowsill!! took me way longer than it should have and was really a 5 min job but was delighted with myself!:rolleyes:

baby coming soon.... when will it really sink in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

One more day in work and to say im happy is an understatement:) 25 more days to go so really need to start getting some things ready. BP was really high at my appointments fri so back to maternity ward on sat to be checked again. They let me home again thank god. Have to get checked again on Tues. Hopefully it will be okay give a chance to sort out everything.

One more day in work and to say im happy is an understatement:) 25 more days to go so really need to start getting some things ready. BP was really high at my appointments fri so back to maternity ward on sat to be checked again. They let me home again thank god. Have to get checked again on Tues. Hopefully it will be okay give a chance to sort out everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 legofan

15 days to go and I cant wait!! My body has officially had enough and wants all its bits n pieces and organs returned to their original places!lol Although Im not sure that baby is in any rush I think he/she is having a great time. Is anyone else feeling the days are going by slowly??

legofan wrote: »
    15 days to go and I cant wait!! My body has officially had enough and wants all its bits n pieces and organs returned to their original places!lol Although Im not sure that baby is in any rush I think he/she is having a great time. Is anyone else feeling the days are going by slowly??

My gf is like this, she is begging me to come home from work early every day, she is so bored. She has nothing left to do at home, she spent the first 5-6 weeks of her maternity leave sorting out bureaucratic stuff, cleaning the house, and packing stuff away into boxes that we no longer use. She has nothing left to do and is just sitting on the couch watching day time TV, counting down the days and bored out of her mind.

• Advertisement

OMG daytime tv, its a novelty to begin with but the more you watch the more you fear your brain is rotting! I can empathise with your gfriend the waiting is the worst, you feel restless but you cannot concentrate on anything, I know I should be enjoying my time before the baby arrives but i just want to get stuck in and have my baby here! I guess this is why they say patience is a virtue :)

yep i too am ready for baby to be here. cant say the days are going slowly or i am bored as i have a 21 month old who keeps me busy and she is great craic and coming out with lots of sentences lately and i have to figure out what each new word means :D:D she is also mammys girl now (was always daddys girl!). im the only one allowed to change her nappy! and its getting really hard to lift/carry her but i cant resist! she knows baby will be arriving soon i think.

my back and lower belly was really achy today. anyone else got this? have appt in hosp tomorrow. 24 days left. i too would like my organs back in their rightful place :rolleyes: im def feeling heavily pregnant. putting on socks and shoes leave me breathless, if i drop something on the floor it stays there.

Today is my first real day of Maternity Leave! So happy to be finished work especially as my morning sickness seems to be back now and I was up all last night vomiting :-(
    Although I still don't feel ready for baby to come I think I need a bit more rest first! I've spent the day so far cooking stuff for the freezer so I won't have to worry about food when baby comes.
    I think I'm on the watch for any 'signs' now- I've had some period type pains in the past week but just seems to be there for a while and then go away so its nothing like contractions!
    I feel like baby is huge now and everytime I move I'm just squashing some body part of his!

lol Briarpatch, I am feeling the same, my baby has yet to engage and so everytime I attempt to bend I feel like I am going to nip an arm leg or I simply cant because his ass is in the way!! I hear your pain about being sick I think it must simply be the size of the babies and the lack of room. I finished work last Fri and by Tues I was in hosp with high blood pressure, all is good now so I am taking it real easy. I hope you are feeling better soon.

I had my 38 week appointment yesterday and I was told me babies head is engaged now, I was surprised-I'd been expecting to look in the mirror and look completely different when that happened but I think I look the same!!!

What size clothes have ye all packed in your hospital bag for baby? They've never given me any indication what size he is so far so I just packed all my newborn stuff but now I'm worried they might not fit him if he comes out a monster size!!

I had an appointment today - 39 weeks today. Baby head down , but still has a bit to drop. They did measurements and they say he weighs about 8 pounds!!! Sign me up for the epidural now!! Back next week to see how things are going. Just back from a walk - need to get this baby moving. I have newborn size packed in my bag - but after hearing the estimated size today I might pack a 0-3 vest and babygro.

Ah maybe mine still has some ways to drop aswell..

They also told me yesterday what date I'd have an induction on if nothing happens naturally! Scary to have an end date in sight now!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

well ladies... my November baby decided to make an early appearance on Sunday 27th October... had a beautiful little girl by emergency c section 9lbs&21 inches long..She is perfect and healthy and we couldnt be more in love with her!

My hind waters broke on Saturday but labour never started i was induced Sunday... got to 8cm dilated and she got into distress so I was whipped away for a c section, it was all a bit worrying but she arrived alert and screaming her head off!

First time mammy here and it really is as amazing as everyone says... can't stop staring at her and am just amazed by her. My oh is mad about her aswell. She has him wrapped around her little finger already. I see a daddys girl in the making.

It's been a long few days... got home from hospital yesterday and have been busy settling her in. I'm enjoying every minute :-)

Hope the rest of you arent waiting too long to meet your little one's :-)

Ah massive congrats Chuckster!

I'm even more impatient now!

Hope your little family enjoy every minute of your first few days at home together!:D

Calhoun's Wife- 4th Nov- *Girl Born 6th Oct*
    Chuckster - 4th Nov - Australia - *Girl born 27th Oct*
    puddle duck - 8th Nov - Rotunda
    Courtney1234 - 11th Nov - Coombe
    Legofan - Nov12th - Donegal
    sweet chilli - 12th Nov - Rotunda
    BriarPatch- 13th Nov- Rotunda
    phat Albert's wife - 14th Nov
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    Oral Slang- 18th Nov Rotunda
    red fraggle - 21st Nov-Wexford
    ameee - 27th Nov-Rotunda
    Crunchie1 - 29th Nov
    Kandr10 -29th Nov- Rotunda
    Gonzp- 29th Nov- Wexford
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov - Rotunda

Congrats chuckster:) that's great news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Congrats :), something about the 4th that babies dont like :).

chuckster wrote: »
    well ladies... my November baby decided to make an early appearance on Sunday 27th October... had a beautiful little girl by emergency c section 9lbs&21 inches long..She is perfect and healthy and we couldnt be more in love with her!

My hind waters broke on Saturday but labour never started i was induced Sunday... got to 8cm dilated and she got into distress so I was whipped away for a c section, it was all a bit worrying but she arrived alert and screaming her head off!

First time mammy here and it really is as amazing as everyone says... can't stop staring at her and am just amazed by her. My oh is mad about her aswell. She has him wrapped around her little finger already. I see a daddys girl in the making.

It's been a long few days... got home from hospital yesterday and have been busy settling her in. I'm enjoying every minute :-)

Hope the rest of you arent waiting too long to meet your little one's :-)

congrats! brilliant news that ye are doing well:D enjoy it :D

im really getting impatient now. 21 days left. awful achy back and belly tonight and it feels so heavy! hopefully baby is moving down further!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

Well how are we doing ladies?? I'm feeling so uncomfortable now, have so much pressure down below and feeling very heavy...I've 24 days left till d day... have a feeling I ll go over though... Had a hospital appointment today and all is well... Doctor reckons that the baby is a normal size, but gp keeps saying she ll be a nine and half pounder....Hope he s right...Hope ye are all keeping well....

Had appointment with rotunda today. Will be 40 weeks on Friday. Bouncing on ball some nights and get out for a walk everyday. I have another appointment Wednesday and then they will due an internal exam - the idea of this is a bit scary.

Hey Puddle Duck... just to let you know I was the same and dreading the internal exam more than anything else... but it was actually fine... I even asked the midwife to go easy on me and she looked a bit perplexed ... bit then it was actually fine and when i told her i had been dreading it after watchin too many episodes of One Born Every Minute she broke her heart laughing. it was more uncomfortable when i was in labour when they were checkin how much i was dialted but the initial.one was ok

Hope the ball and the walkin works for you..best of luck!!

Hey Puddle Duck... just to let you know I was the same and dreading the internal exam more than anything else... but it was actually fine... I even asked the midwife to go easy on me and she looked a bit perplexed ... bit then it was actually fine and when i told her i had been dreading it after watchin too many episodes of One Born Every Minute she broke her heart laughing. it was more uncomfortable when i was in labour when they were checkin how much i was dialted but the initial.one was ok

Hope the ball and the walkin works for you..best of luck!!

Had appointment with rotunda today. Will be 40 weeks on Friday. Bouncing on ball some nights and get out for a walk everyday. I have another appointment Wednesday and then they will due an internal exam - the idea of this is a bit scary.

Ah I have an appointment on Wednesday too our paths may cross!!

Did they mention a sweep at all or just the internal? Nothing was said to me about either but I'll only be 40 weeks at that appointment!

I woke up this morning and I have a pain in my backside from whatever position baby got into overnight, I feel like I need to go to the toilet but I don't :confused:

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Ah I have an appointment on Wednesday too our paths may cross!!

Did they mention a sweep at all or just the internal? Nothing was said to me about either but I'll only be 40 weeks at that appointment!

I woke up this morning and I have a pain in my backside from whatever position baby got into overnight, I feel like I need to go to the toilet but I don't :confused:
    Ah maybe our paths did cross - I was in at the afternoon session. She said internal - and from what I gather that is like a sweep. But thanks to Chucksters words, I am a little more calm about the idea today.

God I feel crap the last day or two :( keep getting very bad headache and just feel very rough. Woke up at 5am this morning with back pain cramps. Dare I say it. ..but wondered if things could be starting? If not I think it's going to be a long 11/12 days.

• Advertisement

God I feel crap the last day or two :( keep getting very bad headache and just feel very rough. Woke up at 5am this morning with back pain cramps. Dare I say it. ..but wondered if things could be starting? If not I think it's going to be a long 11/12 days.

Advertisement