Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭amlinopta

What was the gist of it, can’t find a link? Think he put up Kokrak so had a decent week again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Basically doing his nuts on a weekly basis since the start if the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Basically doing his nuts on a weekly basis since the start if the year

Is that any surprise? Complete mug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Any thoughts on Aphibarnrat?
    Match play events seem to be his thing and he has won the Super 6 in Perth and Paul Lawrie match play previously. I thought he is over priced at 150/1 so did an ew on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Anyone having a punt on the Masters should have a look at Rich Hunt's website. Golf WRX.

Hunt uses a filter system to whittle the field down to 22 players who he believes can win and from that 22 he chooses 10,always an interesting read,he included Reid last year and leaves him out this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Bar the odd exceptions, all the winners have WR<25, so not expecting any big priced wildcard winners.
    Perhaps 1RL has more variance and the 8th is generous for the field, to pick off any potential triple digit lucky placers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

1RL Freddy@100-1 and Bjerrgard @100-1,just for fun, 1-8 PLACES

Likely winner: Frankie @18-1
    Longshot:Cameroon Smith @70-1
    Patriotic bet:Shane @100-1,mainly bcause it might be poor weather

cruais wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Aphibarnrat?
    Match play events seem to be his thing and he has won the Super 6 in Perth and Paul Lawrie match play previously. I thought he is over priced at 150/1 so did an ew on him.
    I have a good bet on him to make the cut.

1RL Freddy@100-1 and Bjerrgard @100-1,just for fun, 1-8 PLACES

Likely winner: Frankie @18-1
    Longshot:Cameroon Smith @70-1
    Patriotic bet:Shane @100-1,mainly bcause it might be poor weather

That's the way to do it, have got a 250/1+ on the 1RL market, reasonably small field with the 8pl. Ortiz, like another chap (Ancer) from ole Mehico way have occasionally glorious rounds, and yet both often sit at the bottom of the odds markets.

TF for outright, but the probable winner won't be above 35/1 so nothing jumps out here, but will reconsider, maybe during midway of R1 live.

Conners might also be on a high and 80-100/1 1RL isn't bad.

Masters betting completed.

€5 ew K Bradley 125/1 a fiver ew H T Li 125/1 both with PP 10 places.

€10 accum top 20 finish Leishman,De Chambeau,Rahm,Fowler,Koepka,Casey, Spieth and Rose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭The Rooster

€5 K ew Bradley 125/1.

Eyes popped out of my head when I saw this first. But re-inserted them and saw that I read it wrong!

Didn't know you could do accas on Top 20, looks a good bet.

I've gone Leishman R1 ew 50/1, Kuchar ew winner 40/1, but I've an horrendous record in this tournament.

€5 ew K Bradley 125/1 a fiver ew H T Li 125/1 both with PP 10 places.

€10 accum top 20 finish Leishman,De Chambeau,Rahm,Fowler,Koepka,Casey, Spieth and Rose.

Casey put paid to any hope of landing my top 20 accum and Bradley or Li are hardly likely to get into the places.

But my lumpy bet on Aphibarnrat to make the cut has ensured a decent profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Anyone having a punt on the Masters should have a look at Rich Hunt's website. Golf WRX.

Hunt uses a filter system to whittle the field down to 22 players who he believes can win and from that 22 he chooses 10,always an interesting read,he included Reid last year and leaves him out this year.

I use :

Smartgolfbets and bandmsolutions - golf betting system

Back again for another go :

Wells Fargo Championship

Phil Mickelson@25/1 & Patrick Reed@40/1

Insperity Invitational

Miguel Angel Jimenez@16/1 & Kenny Perry@25/1

Each Way doubles as always

Back again :

AT&T Byron Nelson Championship

Branden Grace@28/1 & Keith Mitchell@25/1

Regions Tradition

Scott Parel@18/1 & Jerry Kelly@18/1

Each way doubles as always

While away, but felt sorry for Spieth (at PGA not Byron) being priced at 46.0, 10pl.

Regards today's starters, CC is still available, J early lead -3 on 5th, but at 200/1.

// Edit, just gone 150/1. (-4 on 6th).

While away, but felt sorry for Spieth (at PGA not Byron) being priced at 46.0, 10pl.

Spieth having a disappointing / strange season.

Seems to putting it in to make cuts but not really challenging to win events

Once he does return to form, one to follow, but wont be 45/1!

abarkie wrote: »
    Spieth having a disappointing / strange season.

Seems to putting it in to make cuts but not really challenging to win events

Once he does return to form, one to follow, but wont be 45/1!

Agree, reasonable (only) performance this week end R2 T10 @34.
    The BP for PGA anywhere for him now 29-34max 5 (or) 10pl.

Was able to pick off a few 200-500/1's yesterday, reckon either my incoming feed is too fast (60secs ahead of tea-drinking Traders price adjustments), or they'll try to void them as palpable human/system errors if land.

They only feature on mixed e/w accas (as always), so might slip-in as placers.

Thought one of my 500/1 shots might have a chance at placing, but currently T11 on the 4thR.
    (Ortiz C.)

However, another 500/1 available now for the PGA is now steaming up the leaderboard at Byron into T6 on the 14th.
    (Harrington P.).

Whoops, just 400/1 now (21:51hrs) for Harrington.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cameron Champ and Luke List @200/1

They are 1st and 3rd in avg. driving distance on the PGA tour this year so far (McIlroy 2nd).

I have not had a golf bet for a while but backed 3 ew with PP this week 10 places

Day 22/1 Rahm 18/1 and Aphibarnrat 200/1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

harding e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Louis ew at 60/1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Focusing all my resources on the Top Rest of the World market: Day, Oosthuizen, Vegas and Harding.

Edit: chucked in Grillo as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rahm and Fowler each way!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Rahm and Fowler each way!

tiger to win at 11/1

finau each way at 30/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Bryson and Cameroon Smith for me

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Stenson & Vegas for me
    Went particularly big on Vegas this time around

• Advertisement

R1 leader live markets can be interesting, yes reduced places for wildcards, but you can start to write off large swathes of the field, already some very big names having a poor early start (Tiger/Fowler/Gay/Garcia)
    Ancer (starting soon 150/1) can often start well before fading, Rory starts very late and will either run hot or cold.

More locally both Lowry and Wallace could perform well.

Noticed someone put Malta out to 29 for the europop competition, will feature on the mixed e/w acccas with any value outright bets towards/at end of R1.
    Noticed also, many Traders are running +30sec too slow on their price updates.

Advertisement