Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

This is what I woke too in Meath

The dog is shocked. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

The streamers are very anaemic still, I can't help but feel that they would have more 'girth' if the windspeed was lower, but lower windspeed would probably have meant that we wouldn't have the depth of cold carried over at this stage of the year, so it's a trade off. These synoptics, oh man what would they have delivered two months ago? I think that's where the word 'explosive' would have applied/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sacramento wrote: »
    When I left D15 this morning the snow had covered the roads enough for me to drive and slide around lots in the estate (I'd estimate 1-2cm of snow). The roads around the area have not been gritted at all, so there were plenty of cars sliding around since it looked like they assumed the roads had been gritted. Car had the temp around -2.

In Citywest now and there's almost no snow here.

I encountered the gritters around Clonsilla yesterday evening at 7pm, a pointless exercise at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Im in Souf London at the mo. snowing on and off really lightly with occasional blizzard for a minute but generally not enough to even cover the place. Flying back to Cork in mid afternoon so a late afternoon blizzard in Cork is all I ask for. Not too much, is it?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Nice bit of snow scattered around in Lusk this morning. Been quite sunny though over the last hour and quickly melting what was there. Presumably this area is in the feckin dreaded IOM shadow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Stunning morning here in Galway beautiful blue sky not a cloud in sight

It is indeed. -2 in the car this morning and yet zero frost. Very dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Just left Ashbourne sun is shining closer I get to the Dublin border the darker the clouds get looks like Dublin is being blasted atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Lol...can I join the party? We have a white out in Arklow-all settling :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

It's been teasing me here in Kilkenny all morning. 30 mins of lightish snow, followed by 30 mins of sun.

Looks like it's picked up a bit over the last few minutes, I just wish it would snow until tonight so everyone could get it over and done with and move onto next winter xD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

From this morning. Hoping to head out in it later if it continues.

The Husky was loving that, beautiful dog...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

pelting down in Clonshaugh here for the past 15-20 minutes,misses was saying it has been on and off over in Blanch/Tyrellstown all morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sun sun sun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is anyone getting proper flakes of snow rather than the washing powder crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 The Ferrit

Horizontal Blizzard in Dublin 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Constantly snowing in D10, but its like the snow is just blowing past - its not sticking to the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭thomasj

Blizzard in Dublin city centre (Dublin 2) right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stephen8wood

I'd say that's that for the year lads. Now wipe your haw off the window pane and do something constructive. I've been following the ramping threads since November and all I can say is that it doesn't take much to get some of you excited. God help us if it ever really snows again in this country. All the best.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Good heavy snow shower now at the coombe Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yep i had a shower bout half hour ago with some decent sized flaked, but it didnt last long!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Just washing powder blowing around my back garden - here in Greystones. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Looks like Mt's explosive development never happened.
    Must say I thought we would get more too considering the cold uppers, in fact the extreme uppers.
    If it doesn't kick off by lunchtime it could be a no show though I;m still confident for today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Near whiteout now report from Connolly station Downtown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

eh snow in cork, although it's small :(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

The Ferrit wrote: »
    Horizontal Blizzard in Dublin 3

Absolute blizzard in portmarnock and malahide....accumulating nicely. Dublin north geting hammered especially west dublin around blanchardstown and castle knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Lovely powdery snow shower in Trinity at the moment, moderate to heavy and beginning to stick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

snowing a bit more frequently in citywest now, but nothing really heavy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Oh and them big proper flakes of white gold are sticking the car park

Looks like Mt's explosive development never happened.
    Must say I thought we would get more too considering the cold uppers, in fact the extreme uppers.
    If it doesn't kick off by lunchtime it could be a no show though I;m still confident for today

Its happening now in Dublin CC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

White out in the City at the moment - proper snow :D

I see the radar is showing more intense showers lining up in the Irish Sea. A few yellows and oranges out there heading this way.

Is the convection picking up?

• Advertisement

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Absolute blizzard in portmarnock and malahide....accumulating nicely. Dublin north geting hammered especially west dublin around blanchardstown and castle knock.

I would expect nothing else .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement