Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

totsy88 wrote: »
    OMG this is the maddest thread I have ever seen on boards. Have any of you realized you have been on a weather thread for hours looking for little flakes of snow. lol
    Hundreds of posts loads of detailed conversations but still no snow.
    O and the extremely cold temperatures forcasted for tonight have been reduced to only -1 to -4.
    I have never seen anything of the like. you are all mad :p

Ah Shurrrupp

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A mini blizzard of fine powder snow. :) Snow blowing everywhere.

Looks like a subtle shift in wind direction may blow more showers towards south Dublin from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Heavy in D1 now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

talk about disappointing .. jumped out of the bed this morning for NOTHING :eek:
    so whats the story is this it or will it "proper" snow today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's trying to snow as I speak the sky is getting darker and there are little bits of snow falling sticking straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Its finally snowed in Swords! Yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

For those who are not in the target line of sight of today's STREAMERS !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

heavy shower just made it in...have a new term: "graupel squall" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

The problem with these streamers is no intensity, they are only lasting 10 min. Hopefully they will beef up. Maybe 2cm max lying in d15

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Heavy enough now in D2! Deadly start to the week - woo! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

To manny breaks in between falls of snow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Walkinstown finally get hit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

It's started in D6!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

To manny breaks in between falls of snow :(

Jez what would you post a pic like that for, are you sure you did not throw a handfull of flour at that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Driving into work was like liquid nitrogen on the road with the fine snow swirling around..today could be interesting..nice start anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

IOM doing it's job in Trim Meath yet again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Blizzard in Naas now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The latest radar picture is actually not so good for the next hour or two. The intensity's actually quite weak and I suggest I compare it with what the North Sea is generating (some very substantial showers).

The problem is we're relying now on sunlight to generate convection as the coldest air has already arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Looked out the window this morning and not a dickie bird,went for a shower and then went to pop the bins out:eek: was chucking it down of the white stuff:cool:

in Tyrrellstown that is

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Bucketing down Navan road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭thomasj

Nice way to start week!

Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Snowing on and off lightly since 11 last night, the roads around Edenderry, Rhode, Carbury are lethal. They are bad enough on a normal day without the snow. A lot of cars in ditches according to Midlands103 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Sun snow in Glasnevin!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Started snowing arounf half eight in Carlow and kept going for a good half hour.

Looked out towards home (MT Leinster) and it looks like whiteout conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

img0340hws.jpg

Its old, but still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

Cant understand how you are all getting so worked up about such a small amount of snow, its nothing it will be gone in a few hours I can see how Met Eireann were not getting worried about this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

DylanII wrote: »
    Its old, but still :)
    But what is it?! Yeah it's old but where/when was it taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Stunning morning here in Galway beautiful blue sky not a cloud in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Only a feather dusting here in Wexford overnight, My best chance was always going to be midday onwards when the winds shift in my favour. Worst thing about that though is it's the middle of the day and the sun is out. But we'll see anyway.

I'm hopeful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Chicken1 wrote: »
    Cant understand how you are all getting so worked up about such a small amount of snow, its nothing it will be gone in a few hours I can see how Met Eireann were not getting worried about this

You know this is the weather forum right? Where people who get excited about the weather come to talk with other people who get excited by the weather?

This is the first bit of snow I've seen all winter!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement