Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Roads are a mess around wilkinstown and rathkenny. Cars sliding all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Chicken1 wrote: »
    Cant understand how you are all getting so worked up about such a small amount of snow, its nothing it will be gone in a few hours I can see how Met Eireann were not getting worried about this
    Cheers for your input there:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

heavy shower here at the moment.dry and sticking(for now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

I live in the Wilkinstown/Rathkenny area, only 10mins from Navan and we've Plenty of Hail and snow for ya now. :D

ladyrath cross area? Folks are in Kilberry so wondering did get anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

nothing in Trim at all and just a passing shower in Navan. Now blue blue skies again. still nivce to see some swirly white stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

snowgal wrote: »
    nothing in Trim at all and just a passing shower in Navan. Now blue blue skies again. still nivce to see some swirly white stuff!

I'm in Trim and we've had about 20 minutes of snow and a very light coating on the roads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

alfalad wrote: »
    ladyrath cross area? Folks are in Kilberry so wondering did get anything?

dont think Kilberry got it as bad as Rathkenny, saw cars at the bottom of the school hill and people walking the kids the school, met a few cars who were sliding along as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

Another shower just turned the place white before the sun just came out and cremated it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

greendom wrote: »
    I'm in Trim and we've had about 20 minutes of snow and a very light coating on the roads

must have been after I left for work so, damn it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

snowing now in Clondalkin, squally shower, will have to see if it get's worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Even with -12C uppers and a strong NE flow snow isn't hanging around for more than a few minutes once that sun pokes out. The March effect for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

snowgal wrote: »
    must have been after I left for work so, damn it!

Better get back quick if you want to catch any ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

This is what I woke too in Meath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Heavy grupple Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

dont think Kilberry got it as bad as Rathkenny, saw cars at the bottom of the school hill and people walking the kids the school, met a few cars who were sliding along as well

That's a nasty hill in the snow with the bend at the bottom, if your not in a 4x4 or experienced then your in trouble.

In Sydney at the moment and feeling a little home sick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

I hear the wind is due to change and south dublin will get hammered later. is that bull? in citywest and we got nothing, such a shame.

When I left D15 this morning the snow had covered the roads enough for me to drive and slide around lots in the estate (I'd estimate 1-2cm of snow). The roads around the area have not been gritted at all, so there were plenty of cars sliding around since it looked like they assumed the roads had been gritted. Car had the temp around -2.

In Citywest now and there's almost no snow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

after been a nice little flurry in Clondalkin... starting to warm up a little now .. concern kicking in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I drove from Ashbourne in Meath to Dundalk in Louth this morning. A good covering in Ashbourne and was snowing healily at the time, just north of Ashbourne the snow disappeared and it was like driving in a different country. I went past Duleek and Drogheda with glorious Sunshine and completely dry roads. Then as I approached Dundalk, the snow returned and there was a covering there. None of the roads seemed to be gritted and they were like a circus with cars sliding all over the place.

Just thought I'd mention my journey as it was weird going from the debts of Siberia to the glorious sunshine and back to Siberia. Very strange.

there were people along the Duleek route looking at me driving a car piled under snow when there wasn't a sniff to be seen there.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Lovely blue skies here in Donegal Town yet reports of snow showers from all round the county.
    Strange thing is there's not a thing on any radar.
    Snow reports from 5-20 miles from me on most sides but not a thing here since 6pm yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

andre2010 wrote: »
    I hear the wind is due to change and south dublin will get hammered later. is that bull? in citywest and we got nothing, such a shame.

Yes, expect to see more snow in south Dublin in the next hour or so. Nice elongated shower incoming and subtle change in wind direction should see it coming this way.

Just had a heavy graupel shower that gave everything another dusting.

0.3c DP -4.3c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

479848_623151524367899_1487868523_n.jpg

Via IWO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Dublin CC might be in the firing line for the next 30 minutes or so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Blizzard in Drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

This is what I woke too in Meath

What part if Meath? We have nothing west of trim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost