Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys - Would you wear Skinny Jeans?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I don't know about you but I've found it hilarious seeing so many posters get their knickers in a twist over someone's choice of clothing. ;)

I'd probably find it funny, if it wasn't so desperately sad. it was the same with the eyebrow piercing thread and tattoo threads before that, there's just a constant and ridiculous amount of social conservatism on display. the scorn people here have had for piercings or tattoos was shocking

nah, what makes me laugh is the idea that dressing the same as everyone else means you don't look like a tit. you do, just an unremarkable one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You can get stretch skinny jeans, plenty of room to maneuver in.

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

The OP talks a lot about needing a great body to wear skinny jeans. Well according to the BMI calculator his BMI is 28.1 which means he is overweight. So the OP is an over weight guy squeezing into skinny jeans.
    To answer your question, I am 5'10 in height and my weight is around 14 stone - certainly not petite! As regards skin-tight jeans being regarded as ' feminine' , jeans were originally worn by men before they were adopted by women. When jeans first became fashionable in the 50s, they were tight fitting as in the ' drainpipe ' style of that period.
    I'am well over 30 and I wear skinny jeans. If a guy has the body and the confidence to wear skin tight jeans, then why should he not wear them , regardless of his age.
    Totally agree. Guys who are overweight or who do not have the courage to wear clothing that is different from the norm are jealous of those of us guys who can squeeze ourselves into a pair of skin-tight jeans and look great in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

will.i.am wrote: »
    The OP talks a lot about needing a great body to wear skinny jeans. Well according to the BMI calculator his BMI is 28.1 which means he is overweight. So the OP is an over weight guy squeezing into skinny jeans.

In fairness, he could be solid muscle and have that BMI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Is the OP Paul Galvin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Why do people even care what others wear? I mean, is there really any need for the name calling and mocking because someone likes to wear a certain type of jeans? If you think so then you need to grow up. Jeans are too feminine? So what? This is the 21st century, not every male has to be a 'real' manly man. Girls can wear pants and cut their hair short so why can't men also be allowed style themselves as they want? Be more open.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I dont know why some people get so worked up over what others are wearing. Skinny jeans are for people who like wearing skinny jeans, if you dont like them theres plenty of other styles to choose from.
    Personally i dont wear skinny jeans, i wear the next thing up to them, slim fit. That doesnt make me any better or worse than anyone else, it just means i like slim fit jeans over the other styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Staff Infection

Ok well I always wore slim fitting jeans since I was a teenager and then skinny jeans since then came into shops as I'm thin myself and they fit me better than looser fitting jeans.
    I'm a six foot one tall bloke and weigh about ten stone. Now my upper body is reasonably muscular and as a result most clothes fit my top half well and look grand. My legs though are basically long gangly yokes and if I wear jeans other than slim fit or skinny jeans then they make me look like a rap artist.

I agree though that people with a fuller figure may struggle to look good in skinny jeans but they can pull off other looks that skinny people can't, tis all about dressing for your figure I reckon. That being said wear what you want and be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 miker1983

No, not into them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,394 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ok well I always wore slim fitting jeans since I was a teenager and then skinny jeans since then came into shops as I'm thin myself and they fit me better than looser fitting jeans.
    I'm a six foot one tall bloke and weigh about ten stone. Now my upper body is reasonably muscular and as a result most clothes fit my top half well and look grand. My legs though are basically long gangly yokes and if I wear jeans other than slim fit or skinny jeans then they make me look like a rap artist.

I agree though that people with a fuller figure may struggle to look good in skinny jeans but they can pull off other looks that skinny people can't, tis all about dressing for your figure I reckon. That being said wear what you want and be happy.
    At 6 foot and ten stone your idea of reasonably muscular would be very different than most orhers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Why do people even care what others wear? I mean, is there really any need for the name calling and mocking because someone likes to wear a certain type of jeans? If you think so then you need to grow up. Jeans are too feminine? So what? This is the 21st century, not every male has to be a 'real' manly man. Girls can wear pants and cut their hair short so why can't men also be allowed style themselves as they want? Be more open.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's AH, we like to rant in a safe environment. Put up a poll asking if people should be allowed wear whatever trousers they want and I don't think you're going to get much of a negative response.

But if tomorrow everyone starts wearing onions on their belt because One Direction have started doing it, don't expect people not to call them on it.

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭Zer0

It's just clothing! wear whatever you feel good in or whatever you like! if it looks good on you then go ahead.. some people don't look good in skinnys, others do.. same as some people who look good with long hair and others that don't.. jeeze man don't be so self conscious and if it's making you question why to wear them at all then maybe you shouldn't, flip a coin or just rock them for a few days and if you're not digging them then just wear boot cut jeans or whatever you feel comfortable in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I love the people on this thread saying that people are so judgmental and closed minded, they must be wearing a GAA jersey and bootcut jeans.
    How ironic is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

This is the 21st century, not every male has to be a 'real' manly man.

No, but for the love of Jesus there's a limit too like. I'm not saying everyone has to be a hairy-arsed old school alpha male. Far from. I don't judge anyone based on physique or sporting ability or any of that other stuff. However, I do believe in the concept of being a man and some of this metrosexual sh*t would break your heart. A friend of my girlfriends actually broke down crying watching The Notebook like. I don't care how you dress it up, a grown man blubbing over a film is a disgrace. Men wearing eye-liner or painting their nails isn't too far off it.

It isn't necessarily a matter of being "closed minded", rather just finding that effete fashion statements and camp behaviour get on your f*cking tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Why do people even care what others wear?
    No idea. Ask the OP why he thought we needed to know that he liked skinny jeans. Personally I have no idea what cut of jeans I wear as I chose them by colour and fit. Fit for me is whether they fit me around the waist (easy) and down my quite short legs (more difficult). Anything beyond that and I lose interest. For skinny jeans, I probably think the same thing as I do when I see a bloke showing several inches of underwear; twat.
    Girls can wear pants and cut their hair short so why can't men also be allowed style themselves as they want? Be more open.
    Indeed. Give a frock a go. I hear they're quite liberating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Indeed. Give a frock a go. I hear they're quite liberating.

Personally I'd only ever wear an unassuming floral gown, anything more would be a bit camp and would only set of the begrudgers.

After all, being a d*ckhead's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

The gf had been pestering me to try a pair for a few months and finally gave in to trying on a pair and I should've done it sooner because they look shocking on and it would've saved months of nagging.

I just don't have legs skinny enough to pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Staff Infection

ted1 wrote: »
    At 6 foot and ten stone your idea of reasonably muscular would be very different than most orhers

Well considering I have been a member of a rowing team for years now my arms and chest would really suggest otherwise :) I'm just very top heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭DonR8

no

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

I think they suit lads of a certain frame and style.

Tried them on before and I now know for definite that they are not for me... nearly took the door off the dressing room when i fell over trying to get them back off. I need to lose all muscle in my calves before I try on another pair

• Advertisement
Advertisement