Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys - Would you wear Skinny Jeans?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Skinny Jeans are the sexiest style of jeans that any man or woman could wear and when teamed with the right shoes or boots are a fantastic look.

Ok, now I've got this picture in my head of a bloke in skinny jeans wearing knee-high high-heeled boots ...

My husband will want a word with you, I think this image just turned me into a Lesbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Endless Nameless

Justin Bieber has a lot to take some blame for kids dressing like they are homeless tramps from the 80s

Do the homeless tramps have generational fashions too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I cannot figure this idea of skin-tight jeans as looking ' feminine '. In medieval times men wore tights, long before they were ever worn by women. Tight jeans were originally worn by cowboys and became fashionable again for men in the 60s. So tight jeans were worn by men long before they were worn by women. I am a man in Skinny Jeans and proud of it!

Not even I make up stories like that
    Tight Jean originally worn by cowboy- yeah right.
    Have you ever tried to ride a horse while wearing tight clothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

P.C. wrote: »

Not even I make up stories like that
    Tight Jean originally worn by cowboy- yeah right.
    Have you ever tried to ride a horse while wearing tight clothing?

Lol jodhpurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

straight men that are not camp do not use that terminology

And you speak for all straight men I suppose?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

judgefudge wrote: »

And you speak for all straight men I suppose?
    Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

My mom says they're cool and if I do well in my Leaving cert she'll buy me a new pair and the Twilight boxset.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I only wear boot cut because they hide a section of my large feet

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭KoukiKeith

I wear them. Generally buy slim fitting suits too.

I honestly think they look better. In saying that though, I get a fair amount of abuse from friends, work, etc :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Personally I find skinny jeans a lot more attractive on men than those "I go to business school" grey sweatpants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Slim jeans > skinny jeans > baggy jeans, for me. Although I really only wear slim jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

With lower sperm counts in the Western World we should ban tight jeans.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

With lower sperm counts in the Western World we should ban tight jeans.

In a world with a population heading towards 7 billion, we should probably endorse them any way we can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

There are enough resources to support more than 7Billion, don't buy into the hipster crap. It's inequality and waste not scarcity. We should endeavour to out-breed the Greeks at least

Because of what they invented...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

dizzywizlw wrote: »

Because of what they invented...

Bank debt?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

If youre talking about skin tight jeans then no but i do wear pretty slim fitting ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

They aren't for me because I look like a gobshíte in them and I've big thighs so it doesn't work. I mainly tried them on just to see what the fuss was about.

I don't like the look of them, but with the amount of lads you see wearing them they don't all look so bad. The really skinny guys look like sticks in them and look bad to me but it can suit some more average built men and they look grand.

Each to their own. It's hard not to pass a bit of judgment but they're just getting caught up in the style and seeing what many other lads do.

In a way it's better than being on the other scale of things thinking you're more a man for not caring what you look like or dressing well. It's a retarded thing to think you get your manliness from what you wear or don't wear.

I get my sense of manliness/masculinity from how I behave and what I do than stupid stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

No, nothing against the people who wear them but IMO they look ridiculous, why anyone would want to dress like Russell Brand is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Links234 wrote: »
    Skinny jeans look grand, and if you feel good in them, go for it. Feck the nay sayers.

but you're hardly the kind of endorsement they're looking for! and pretty much the only endorsement, just goes to show.

they were the streetwise choice, not so long ago and a far cry from the campus hipsters and one directions of today. Once, warriors wore them.. and nikki sixx types like op. the mandatory track pants of the eighties and that's how I still fondly remember em.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

No, because I have a penis.

So have I! Skinny jeans are made from stretch denim and are actually very comfortable to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

So have I! Skinny jeans are made from stretch denim and are actually very comfortable to wear.
    So there like wetsuits yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

OP do you find when wearing skinny jeans your vagina starts to chaf from the tightness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Have a pair in the closet since Christmas.
    Only worn once and covered in curry and beer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

Shenshen wrote: »
    Ok, now I've got this picture in my head of a bloke in skinny jeans wearing knee-high high-heeled boots ...

My husband will want a word with you, I think this image just turned me into a Lesbian.

Yes, I do wear Skinny Jeans and high-heeled boots and I have long hair, but I am a 100% straight hot-blooded male!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

frag420 wrote: »
    OP do you find when wearing skinny jeans your vagina starts to chaf from the tightness?
    Good point let us talk about this subject more deepy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

but I am a 100% straight hot-blooded male!

that's fantastic, but so is that ian Watkins guy n I fear those are the only type of 'rocker' that may be wearing em now. You should be chanting down organized religion and impending nuclear fallout not preoccupied with your figure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I think tight upper body clothing is masculine, but tight trousers not so much. Maybe if you have thick legs it's less feminine - but then again that might look strange in a different way. The worst are those low cut tops some blokes wear - that is the most feminine thing I have ever seen. I don't see the appeal at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

dare you wear Skinny Jeans!

And look like a knacker like Paul Galvin? I already look skinny enough and they're not very macho. My cock is too big for skinny jeans anyway

You wouldn't happen to be gay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Pug160 wrote: »
    I think tight upper body clothing is masculine, but tight trousers not so much. Maybe if you have thick legs it's less feminine - but then again that might look strange in a different way. The worst are those low cut tops some blokes wear - that is the most feminine thing I have ever seen. I don't see the appeal at all.

Tight upper body clothing looks ridiculous and like something you see out of Geordie shore. Not masculine just attention seeking by showing off your muscles.

I agree with the rest.

Advertisement