Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Club - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

BpNBVYBCYAEGh46.jpg

Don't they all have lovely bottoms?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Fact 52: Showcasing a racing sim in chase cam is retarded.

COYVB wrote: »
    Fact 52: Showcasing a racing sim in chase cam is retarded.

For the filthy casuals :) Dash cam all the way

Brilliant vid showing Pagani Huayra gameplay from bonnet and dash cams. Cars sound excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Brilliant vid showing Pagani Huayra gameplay from bonnet and dash cams. Cars sound excellent!

Looks beautiful
    cars sound great
    already looks like it will be better then forza 5

but for some reason that video doesn't look like sim racing to me
    looks arcade
    is this game suppose to be sim or arcade? or a bit of both?
    have not been following it since they said it was delayed

I'd say it's def a mix of both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Yogosan

Graphics look great of course and the level of detail is astounding. But the driving looks very basic. At certain times in the videos I've seen, the car should slide and lose control coming out of a bend, but it just straightens up and nothing comes of it. That's what makes driving games fun, the battle you have to keep your car under control. Hopefully the videos being shown are using alot of driving aids because nobody wants an exclusively on rails driving experience.

I really want this game to be good but I might just wait for Project Cars instead. At least we'll get an extensive demo to make up our minds, so no need to worry too much. And I'm sure that the driving experience is being tweaked everyday to make it both fun and challenging too (Like the DiRT games ;) ).

The Scottish Car Show is taking place this Sunday at The Royal Highland Centre in Edinburgh. Like last year, the site I write for (Big Red Barrel) is hosting the video game portion of the event, called Faster Than Life.

Why is it relevant in this thread? Well, thanks to the people at PlayStation, DRIVECLUB will be available to play at the event.

If anyone is interested in going, details can be found here and ticket info can be found here.

Class, enjoy it man and post your thoughts on it once you're done!

• Advertisement

Class, enjoy it man and post your thoughts on it once you're done!

I got to play it at last year's Eurogamer Expo. Looking forward to playing a newer build to compare how it has progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Can't wait for this. Ps4 needs a decent racing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    I got to play it at last year's Eurogamer Expo. Looking forward to playing a newer build to compare how it has progressed.

Are you on any of the Podcast for them?

Varik wrote: »
    Are you on any of the Podcast for them?

No. If you heard my voice, you would realise what a wise decision it is to keep me away from the mic. I'm friends with the guys who are on the UK podcast though.

On-topic, I'm hoping this build has the dynamic weather effects included.

I'd say it will after this:

Top Gear test track is a requirement for these games IMHO.
    Otacon wrote: »
    No. If you heard my voice, you would realise what a wise decision it is to keep me away from the mic. I'm friends with the guys who are on the UK podcast though.

On-topic, I'm hoping this build has the dynamic weather effects included.

Haven't listened in a long while to any of them but the UK one was probably the best (stopped listening to the others a long while ago) and if it's still going I'll be back on to it.

Top Gear test track is a requirement for these games IMHO.

Don't Top Gear do some stuff for Forza? I doubt they would be anyway involved in PS4 game unfortunately.

String wrote: »
    Don't Top Gear do some stuff for Forza? I doubt they would be anyway involved in PS4 game unfortunately.

There had stuff for Gran Turismo as well, the track and a buck of weird races (WV bus')

There had stuff for Gran Turismo as well, the track and a buck of weird races (WV bus')

Hopefully they do. Imagine an online leader board time trial for Top Gear test track. Would love that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭samantha fortune

one of my favorite games the gameplay is just amazing.

• Advertisement

Hopefully they do. Imagine an online leader board time trial for Top Gear test track. Would love that.

The problem in GT5 was that there wasn't a Cee apostrophed (love that old tall *******)

Wasn't in GT6 but Forza 5 had it that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Reminds me of grid?

Special Edition announced for 70 quid (regular will be 50)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/473630/driveclubs-eu-special-edition-unlocks-five-cars/

Foil treated, unique artwork housed in a high-quality card sleeve.
    Instant access to five high performance cars, each with an exclusive livery design:

•McLaren P1
    •Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series
    •Ferrari 458 Italia
    •Aston Martin v12 Vantage S
    •Alfa Romeo 4C

2 exclusive in-game livery packs to customise your car and club logo.

2 DRIVECLUB emblem vinyl stickers (one white, one red) - perfect for your laptop or games console

So an extra 20 quid for early access to 5 cars that you can unlock anyway? Wouldn't even be worth it if the 5 cars were exclusive to this edition but for early access is taking the piss. Sounds more like a preorder bonus.

The season pass and DLC content were detailed today.

15012015800_ff4f418d71_k.jpg

The important bit in my opinion
    And even though we’ve already got 55 routes over 25 tracks in the game, we’ll be bringing you more new tracks to enjoy and all of them will be free.

Link

Really like the trend Sony have going with free maps/tracks for their first party games. Keep it up.

driveclub_categorye4uev.png

5nec5hc.png

I think the PS+ denotes the cars available in the PS+ Edition.

Aw no Viper, maye it will be added in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Aw no Viper, maye it will be added in the coming months.

And for only €4.99!

I keep mixing this up with The Crew in my head!

I'm mad to play the crew looks like a great laugh. Hoping to try it out in the beta. At least i can try drive club for free see which i prefer. The crew has the Viper so leaning towards that.

Looking forward to playing my own car in this :) I am planning on buying full version on release, but does just mean 1 season pass along with PS+ version?

• Advertisement

Looking forward to playing my own car in this :) I am planning on buying full version on release, but does just mean 1 season pass along with PS+ version?

No, the full version is the PS+ edition plus a €50 upgrade. The season pass is additional on top of that.

Advertisement