Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Has anyone else been using the companion app for this game?

I haven't played Black Flag since Tuesday evening but have been flicking through the Kenway's Fleet missions via ipad over the past few days and have really been able to fly through them. The ships in my fleet have earned about €70k so I should be able to beef up the Jackdaw a hell of a lot when I go back to the main game over the weekend.

Is this available on android?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is this available on android?

Sure is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have no UPlay friends at the moment. So lonely ;-)

Anyway, anyone want to befriend me for Kenway's Fleet missions? My username is the same as PSN - The40Watt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I have no UPlay friends at the moment. So lonely ;-)

Anyway, anyone want to befriend me for Kenway's Fleet missions? My username is the same as PSN - The40Watt

I have never used the Uplay for friend missions, are they any good?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have never used the Uplay for friend missions, are they any good?

It just lets your friends speed up or heal your ships.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

calex71 wrote: »
    Sure is :)

What's the app called? Is it a playstation companion app, or a specific game app??

What's the app called? Is it a playstation companion app, or a specific game app??

It's the ACIV Blackflag companion app.

Here it is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.blackflag&hl=en

Edit: Word of advice on that link when I tried to send it to my devices from there it said none were compatible yet when i browsed it directly on my tablet it let me install it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

anyone liking the Multiplayer? Tried it last night, thought it was garbage. Why couldn't they let it play like single player and obtain assassination contracts to kill other players ob the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Try it again. It can be as fast or as slow paced as you want to play it. There are a lot of perks and different special abilities to be gained and once you understand them all it gets better.

• Advertisement

I went through this thread and picked out a few usernames to send friend requests to on UPlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Tried to take advantage of the double xp this weekend but there's no point playing with others, it's all 100 point kills and they're lucky to make it to round 5.

Better off playing by myself in a private game, where even though I'm not the greatest at this game I can make it to the last round or 2.

ah, hate the Multiplayer, tried it again! just makes no sense. I'll stick with the story!

ah, hate the Multiplayer, tried it again! just makes no sense. I'll stick with the story!

Varik wrote: »
    Tried to take advantage of the double xp this weekend but there's no point playing with others, it's all 100 point kills and they're lucky to make it to round 5.

Better off playing by myself in a private game, where even though I'm not the greatest at this game I can make it to the last round or 2.

I haven't gone near the multiplayer mode yet. Is it the same as the past few games where you are hiding among AI characters waiting for a kill?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It just lets your friends speed up or heal your ships.

Got a lend of this off a friend 5 days ago, have been repairing your ships and speeding them up whenever I see them out and about :cool:

What a game, huge improvement over AC 3. Not a huge fan of having to go diving though, which sucks as I have to if I want the upgrades for the Jackdaw :mad:

Having a fight with another ship while riding up a rogue wave feels epic.

Also found out that if you can swim to an enemy, ship kill everyone aboard, then pickup the Jackdaw, fire at it once and board no enemies spawn. So I am the proud owner of a Man o War far sooner than I should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Multiplayer isn't too bad. Was running around like a headless chicken and was becoming bored so watch a few tutorials on Youtube and it's not bad at all

Any tips on what to upgrade first on the Jackdaw?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any tips on what to upgrade first on the Jackdaw?

The ram. Causes huge damage when upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Finally got the platinum for this game. Level 55 was such a grind.

• Advertisement

AGoodison wrote: »
    Finally got the platinum for this game. Level 55 was such a grind.

Really? I haven't played much at all but am already level 28.

I've maybe played 20 or so sessions the trick is to exploit the daily bonus they give for the 1st 20 minutes you play each day.

So I always start with a solo wolf pack game, and go for high scoring hidden kills, yesterday I got 10k bonus xp from one session!!!!

How tricky was getting the one for using all the abilities ? Those have to be bought so I think I may be shooting myself in the foot by sticking to wolf pack as you don't get much money in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

calex71 wrote: »
    Really? I haven't played much at all but am already level 28.

I've maybe played 20 or so sessions the trick is to exploit the daily bonus they give for the 1st 20 minutes you play each day.

So I always start with a solo wolf pack game, and go for high scoring hidden kills, yesterday I got 10k bonus xp from one session!!!!

How tricky was getting the one for using all the abilities ? Those have to be bought so I think I may be shooting myself in the foot by sticking to wolf pack as you don't get much money in that.

Use the copycat Perk and run around, get killed and use the person class set. Then use the ability on a civilian straight away and it counts. Saved myself to get 4000 AC that way. Have to admit when I played wanted and artifact game mode it was enjoyable. I just wasnt getting enough points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Kind of OT, but playing through this got me in the pirating mood. Anyone watched Black Sails which started the other day in America.

A few of the same people/characters make an appearance. Think I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After finishing Black Flag I got the urge to replay one of the older games and went with Brotherhood.

Still a great game and Rome was the best AC location, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

J. Marston wrote: »
    After finishing Black Flag I got the urge to replay one of the older games and went with Brotherhood.

Still a great game and Rome was the best AC location, in my opinion.

In brotherhood, you know the first location you start in ?, is that it? or are there other cities/areas in the game ?. Have it on psn, and have only played 4 hours of it ages ago.

Im nearly finished AC4, and one thing its missing is a huge ass city to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

In brotherhood, you know the first location you start in ?, is that it? or are there other cities/areas in the game ?. Have it on psn, and have only played 4 hours of it ages ago.

Im nearly finished AC4, and one thing its missing is a huge ass city to explore.

Just Rome. But it's huge with plenty to do.

If I remember correctly, you go to a few other locations for some missions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I dunno about that. Firstly I find the map big enough with all of the different ports to visit/ little islands hidden away etc... and this kind of stuff makes Black Flag (and perhaps also ACIII) different to the ACII trilogy (how weird is that?). Big city after big city would get boring so the change of scenery was needed and when they do return to a massive city setting (LONDON!!!- I hope) things will feel a little fresher, I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I said I'd pick this up for PS4 since it was in the PSN Christmas Sale.

I have to say lads that I don't really get why this is being so universally praised. I'm beginning to think it's just because they've practically cut out the current time storyline.

I'm just thinking this series isn't really for me. The boat combat is good but it has nothing to do with AC. The actual core game is still the same as it's been since AC2 and this is the biggest issue.

The following missions are boring, stealth in the game isn't particularly enjoyable and still the worst thing is the combat is far too easy.

I think the game would be significantly better if the combat was improved. It's just far too simple. Keep tapping square... kills that guy and if chained, everyone else is killed in one go. In the majority of cases that's it. Counter sometimes and break defence sometimes.

So for me.. I don't see the big improvement over AC3 other than I'm not finding it as buggy. Core game is still pretty boring for the most part and sailing is good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

tok9 wrote: »
    I said I'd pick this up for PS4 since it was in the PSN Christmas Sale.

I have to say lads that I don't really get why this is being so universally praised. I'm beginning to think it's just because they've practically cut out the current time storyline.

I'm just thinking this series isn't really for me. The boat combat is good but it has nothing to do with AC. The actual core game is still the same as it's been since AC2 and this is the biggest issue.

The following missions are boring, stealth in the game isn't particularly enjoyable and still the worst thing is the combat is far too easy.

I think the game would be significantly better if the combat was improved. It's just far too simple. Keep tapping square... kills that guy and if chained, everyone else is killed in one go. In the majority of cases that's it. Counter sometimes and break defence sometimes.

So for me.. I don't see the big improvement over AC3 other than I'm not finding it as buggy. Core game is still pretty boring for the most part and sailing is good fun.

I haven't really played any AC since II so its all fairly new to me, picked it up on PC for €15 on eBay and I've gotten loads out of it so far and I've only got about 25% completion.

My uplay name is 'julezharper' if anyone wants to add me for some speed boosts on he app.

Advertisement