Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

quarryman wrote: »
    Because its like a broken record at this stage, "the game is ****e", blah blah whinge whinge...

Fair enough. You made that point 5 pages ago. Try let others discuss it.

Dont read it then if you have an issue with our comments or report to a mod to see how far you get.

Ill say again since you dont seem to be able grasp the point, we are entitled to comment, whinge whatever the fcuk we like because we bought the game.

Just because a fanboy like you is blind to the countless failings and issues with the game doesnt mean the rest of us have to follow like sheep.

Unbelieveable ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Dcully wrote: »
    Dont ****ing read it then if you have an issue with our comments or report to a mod to see how far you get.
    Jesus Christ talk about being a fanboy, jesus man you take the biscuit.

Ill say again since you dont seem to be able grasp the point, we are entitled to comment, whinge whatever the fcuk we like because we bought the game.

Just because a fanboy like you is blind to the countless failings and issues with the game doesnt mean the rest of us have to follow like sheep.

Unbelieveable ! :rolleyes:

if you have an issue with our comments

But you aren't making any valuable comments. You're just repeating the same gibberish about how broken you think the game is.
    because a fanboy like you is blind to the countless failings and issues

Please go ahead and point out in my last comment about how I'm blind to the failings:
    It has problems for sure but I've enjoyed it for what it is

well?
    Jesus Christ talk about being a fanboy, jesus man you take the biscuit.

How does telling a whingey baby who is ruining a thread by repeating the same point over and over again to be heard make me a fanboy?

If I like the game I'll discuss it. If you had actually read my comments you'd see I had stopped playing the game for a while due to the region services being broken.

You on the other hand. Well let's just take a look at the some of the repetitive garbage you seem to enjoy shouting about (this is just a small selection btw):

Ive totally quit playing until there is no fear of my cities vanishing.
    What a fecking joke.
    Its a total joke at this stage
    I give up on this game tbh

Was hoping for the best here, that you might actually go away but nope:
    Without doubt THE single most frustrating experience ive ever had in all my years of gaming!
    I just want a sim city fully working

Then you attack other posters whenever they try to claim they are enjoying the game despite it's flaws (subtly accusing them of pirating it).
    You have some neck making such a statement.
    Let me ask you, did you buy the game in good faith with honest cash?
    the game is a complete and utter farce.
    Just give me bigger cities FFS

Seemingly you had quit a few weeks back but still nope:
    Absolutely no interest in this until they change the game to Sim City instead of Sim Town.
    is easily the biggest disaster in gaming history

^^ This one makes me laugh by the way. You really don't know much about gaming do you?

Seriously, the thread is supposed to be about people discussing the game. You made your point how you hate it and have given up playing. Great, now would you kindly piss off?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It has problems for sure but I've enjoyed it for what it is, I think I've put about 60 hours in at this stage.

I've put in 64 and I stopped playing several weeks ago. I want to like this game, I really do. If Maxis fix it up properly so that it works sensibly as a simulation I'll be content. I'll still be annoyed with EA but since that's generally the case it's not a big issue for me.

So you spend almost an hour going to the bother of finding all my input to this thread to somehow add weight to your rant and yet still deny your a fanboy,seriously?

Hilarious man absolutely hilarious!

I stand by everything i said, tell me another game that was/is a bigger disaster.

Maybe you should go through other posters history in this thread too, ill guarantee a lot more rightly annoyed than me.

Then you attack other posters whenever they try to claim they are enjoying the game despite it's flaws (subtly accusing them of pirating it).

Care to explain this ? because i havent a clue what your on about.

To sum up, in all my time on boards ive never seen anyone go to such extremes as to scour every last post to attempt to back up their thoughts or opinions.
    Your not just a fanboy your obsessed man obsessed!

So you spend almost an hour going to the bother of finding all my input to this thread to somehow add weight to your rant and yet still deny your a fanboy,seriously?

He can just search the thread for Dcully. New feature, handy in quote wars.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    He can just search the thread for Dcully. New feature, handy in quote wars.

Aye I know but come on this is taking the biscuit :D

Funny s h i t though.

I've put in 64 and I stopped playing several weeks ago. I want to like this game, I really do. If Maxis fix it up properly so that it works sensibly as a simulation I'll be content. I'll still be annoyed with EA but since that's generally the case it's not a big issue for me.

Just checked, I'm actually at 59, you have me pipped :)

Me too, I do enjoy it mostly, then hit a bug and it can be annoying. However the pros still outweigh the cons for me, just about....

Since the region services have been fixed I've got more mileage out of it but might take a break now again until they release another patch.

But then what would I know, I'm just a "fanboy".

Just checked, I'm actually at 59, you have me pipped :)

Me too, I do enjoy it mostly, then hit a bug and it can be annoying. However the pros still outweigh the cons for me, just about....

Since the region services have been fixed I've got more mileage out of it but might take a break now again until they release another patch.

But then what would I know, I'm just a "fanboy".

Until they fix pathing and traffic I'm not going back. If pathing worked like they said it did in one of the preview videos I'd be ok with that. If they give us some actually useful tools to manage traffic with (seriously, traffic lights at every junction? No slip roads onto Avenues, no one-way streets?) as well as making traffic behave more intelligently.

I have very specific problems with the game, the small plot size I don't like but it's not a deal breaker for me, the pathing and the traffic though are.

The worst thing is the potential the game has.
    I totally loved it until i realized for myself all of the issues.
    Its this potential to be an insanely good game that drives me mad about what should have been.
    Id like nothing more than Maxis to turn things around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Do they still have an always on DRM?
    I moved house recently and have no net, so pointless getting it til then.

• Advertisement

Until they fix pathing and traffic I'm not going back. If pathing worked like they said it did in one of the preview videos I'd be ok with that. If they give us some actually useful tools to manage traffic with (seriously, traffic lights at every junction? No slip roads onto Avenues, no one-way streets?) as well as making traffic behave more intelligently.

I have very specific problems with the game, the small plot size I don't like but it's not a deal breaker for me, the pathing and the traffic though are.

Yep. I think the traffic will be one thing to get added in the DLC. Different types of road connections and flyovers etc. Of course they still have the fix to actual management of the traffic but it hasn't affected me too much.
    The worst thing is the potential the game has.
    I totally loved it until i realized for myself all of the issues.
    Its this potential to be an insanely good game that drives me mad about what should have been.

True that. I think that is why people hate on it so much. They have hours of enjoyment building their city up with plans for the region before hitting a badly designed gameplay element. I get that, I just find I can enjoy it regardless, for now.

Do they still have an always on DRM?
    I moved house recently and have no net, so pointless getting it til then.

Still? There's no signs of that going I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I like the others cant play it until the next patch comes out, I dont know how you are able to enjoy it in its current state quarryman, there is too much wrong with the game to make it enjoyable. The constant abandoned buildings and fires is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

@quarryman- and this is why he (we all) come back to this thread. We are all frustrated at how good this game can be and want to keep an eye on it in the hope that they will fix the silly issues and make bigger maps. And while we're doing this its only normal to post our frustrations that rather than fixing it, it appears to be getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

The whole transport is a disappointing step backwards from rush hour. I can't help but thinking they intended it that way.

I'd be satisfied with bigger cities and more connections. I'd be very happy with more mass transit options, proper motorways.

I also think they're kind of halfway there with an economics simulator they can add in more resources potentially and make it more interesting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition for €2.49 on Steam. Bargain.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24780/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Sarn

That should scratch my sim itch, I've been waiting for this offer to come up again.

While I really want to play the new one, with all of the reported issues, it just doesn't seem worth the effort at this point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Quality game with some fantastic mods. Get it!

Couldnt get into it after playing simcity5

Mc Love wrote: »
    Couldnt get into it after playing simcity5

Yeah, flawed as sim city 5 is it does a lot of things right that makes it hard to go back to SC4.

• Advertisement

Yeah, flawed as sim city 5 is it does a lot of things right that makes it hard to go back to SC4.

Its like trying to play old games - sc4 even though it was a great game, it feels ancient to play!

Just remembered another update that has me clocking up the hours on SC5 again - cheetah mode is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

On SimCity 4 I have a group of islands about 40km across. It has villages, towns, cities, huge areas of farmland, forests, lakes, hills, a capital, a realistically sized airport, a rail system. Every inch is covered in something, apart from some of the hills that I kept free of farms, in the style of a protected area.

I just can't do anything like that on SC2013, it feels like playing a beta of a better game that unfortunately doesn't exist. It's a game where you build characterless square urban blobs that look like everyone else's little urban blob. The multiplayer is dull as there's not really a lot of interaction. One of its main selling points, the glassbox engine, is essentially pointless as the agents have only very basic functions, making them just a cog in another version of a statistical machine that the makers wanted to get away from. That's why I've not played for over month and don't miss it at all.

And I'm usually a sucker for pretty graphics, which this game has. But I can't be fooled this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The game looks fantastic, but under the hood everything is wrong. They dropped the ball.

Quick note, Mayors: We've released a small #SimCity update to address crashes. You'll need to restart your game in order to get the update.

Posted 14 hour ago on their twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I'm so relieved I've waited till the reviews came in. I've not bought the game as of yet. Even still though, I'm frustrated what "appears" to be a master-piece, is just a Titanic failure. Thanks everyone for the updates though, I'm waiting till it's somewhat feasible to buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Laviski

Ash885 wrote: »
    I'm so relieved I've waited till the reviews came in. I've not bought the game as of yet. Even still though, I'm frustrated what "appears" to be a master-piece, is just a Titanic failure. Thanks everyone for the updates though, I'm waiting till it's somewhat feasible to buy!

i will buy it once the price drops. should be a half price offer come xmas

played it a bit today - it has improved a good bit. One thing I did notice was that my recycling center was creating a lot of what looks like it was being demolished (as rubble) and generally shaking the screen, which I assume isnt normal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I've been eyeing this for a while, looks great - but seen so many reports on bugs and crashes and server issues... big turn off. Especially as it's €50 or so. Games should never be on sale for that kind of price with that many issues.

• Advertisement

I've been eyeing this for a while, looks great - but seen so many reports on bugs and crashes and server issues... big turn off. Especially as it's €50 or so. Games should never be on sale for that kind of price with that many issues.

Worth a look if it goes on sale or get some major fixes, not worth €50 in my opinion.

Advertisement