Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Sony exclusive content:

Destiny_HQP_popup._V343988017_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

When us the review embargo up?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Probably the day before launch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I did not know there was a review Embargo :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Theres almost always review embargoes on big games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Very tempted to pre order it for ps3 but have a gaming Pc I am battlefield and borderlands on so might just wait til early next year for this one on pc.

On a separate note I do wish that the master chief collection was coming from to pc. The first halo game on pc was a classic. Strange they just stopped them in production.

Sony exclusive content:

What does one have to do to get this exclusive content, dumb question I know?
    Simply own the game on PS4? Download it via PS Store? Get a code in the PS4 Game disc box? Enter a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Cormac... wrote: »
    What does one have to do to get this exclusive content, dumb question I know?
    Simply own the game on PS4? Download it via PS Store? Get a code in the PS4 Game disc box? Enter a code?

Most of this stuff comes as a code in the box or if downloaded as an extra download.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Most of this stuff comes as a code in the box or if downloaded as an extra download.

Cool, I was think as much, considering I'm 99% sure i'll get a hard-copy of the game for PS4 I just wanted to double check

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Just wondering do ye think it's worth shelling out the extra dosh for the limited edition or will the standard edition fit the bill nicely?

• Advertisement

Just wondering do ye think it's worth shelling out the extra dosh for the limited edition or will the standard edition fit the bill nicely?

Personally I've been burned with DLC Season Passes before, and from what I can see the main appeal is the 2 DLCs, I'm on the fence, we'll see on payday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Very tempted to pre order it for ps3 but have a gaming Pc I am battlefield and borderlands on so might just wait til early next year for this one on pc.

On a separate note I do wish that the master chief collection was coming from to pc. The first halo game on pc was a classic. Strange they just stopped them in production.

They made Halo 2 for Vista, lol....

Don't think Destiny will hit PC personally unless a year down the line, when the cash cow has been milked on the consoles....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Depends on if you want the expansion pass, if you do the limited edition(£75 Amazon, €130 GameStop) or the digital guardian edition(€100 psn xbl) sees around a €20 saving(unless buying from GameStop) over getting the game(rrp€70) and the expansion pass(conflicting reports of it being €35 or €50, more likely €50) seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hey, anybody know how many days till amazon take payment for it?

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Hey, anybody know how many days till amazon take payment for it?

Not until dispatch as far as I know.

Not until dispatch as far as I know.

Yeah, Amazon wont take payment until dispatch which should be Thursday 4th September at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

So pre-order my copy of Destiny last November and when I check the estimate delivery date it says "Delivery estimate: Thursday, 11 September 2014 - Saturday, 13 September 2014"

What gives?! I live in Edinburgh too, should be quicker than that

Battleflag wrote: »
    So pre-order my copy of Destiny last November and when I check the estimate delivery date it says "Delivery estimate: Thursday, 11 September 2014 - Saturday, 13 September 2014"

What gives?! I live in Edinburgh too, should be quicker than that

That is normal, they always have the estimate at release + x days depending on shipping type. I usually get stuff from Amazon a day after release myself on their free shipping option, which is before the delivery estimate.

List of stores doing the midnight opening for those of us who are picking up their copies from gamestop

Newbridge
    Waterford
    Patrick Street, Cork
    Carlow
    Blanchardstown
    Tallaght
    Wexford
    Navan Shopping Centre

Not long to go now! :D

wexdevil wrote: »
    List of stores doing the midnight opening for those of us who are picking up their copies from gamestop

Newbridge
    Waterford
    Patrick Street, Cork
    Carlow
    Blanchardstown
    Tallaght
    Wexford
    Navan Shopping Centre

Smyths is €30 cheaper when you but it with the bundle so I'm gonna have to miss out on the ole midnight launch unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

anyone seen a price for the digital download version ? Only found a US price of $90

Cormac... wrote: »
    Smyths is €30 cheaper when you but it with the bundle so I'm gonna have to miss out on the ole midnight launch unfortunately :(

Only reason I went with gamestop was that I wanted the ghost edition at launch, I'm terrible at waiting for stuff to come in the post so that ruled out buying it(cheaper) online. Silly I know...

Newbridge
    Waterford
    Patrick Street, Cork
    Carlow
    Blanchardstown
    Tallaght
    Wexford
    Navan Shopping Centre

I haven't pre ordered was half thinking about waiting until launch day and chancing my arm. What will the game be retailing at in Gamestop. ?

I haven't pre ordered was half thinking about waiting until launch day and chancing my arm. What will the game be retailing at in Gamestop. ?
    €64.99 for the standard on 360/ps3, €74.99 for xbox one/ps4
    €129.99 for the limited edition

jeebus

€64.99 for the standard on 360/ps3, €74.99 for xbox one/ps4
    €129.99 for the limited edition

jeebus

Jaysus the PS4 version is steep.;-(

syboit wrote: »
    anyone seen a price for the digital download version ? Only found a US price of $90

The standard version is €69.99 and the digital guardian version is €99.99

Only reason I went with gamestop was that I wanted the ghost edition at launch, I'm terrible at waiting for stuff to come in the post so that ruled out buying it(cheaper) online. Silly I know...

I'll have some of that spare money if it's going :pac::pac::pac:

Jaysus the PS4 version is steep.;-(

You'll be able to find it cheaper elsewhere, it's only €64.99 in smyths

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/c-692/playstation-4/p-6679/destiny-ps4/

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

syboit wrote: »

The ps4 versions are 69.99 for the standard edition and 99.99 for the digital guardian edition. I got the digital guardian edition as I think its pretty good value but itl probably take forever to download as my internet is terrible.

• Advertisement

The ps4 versions are 69.99 for the standard edition and 99.99 for the digital guardian edition. I got the digital guardian edition as I think its pretty good value but itl probably take forever to download as my internet is terrible.

Thank goodness you can preload it then :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement