Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I pre-ordered the standard edition on Amazon. Game releases 9th and the estimated delivery date was 12-13th but I should have it the week of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm gonna get myself a PS4 (with TLOU) to play this, i've decided :)
    Looking the limited edition on Amazon.co.uk (€99), any idea how long i'd have to wait till it arrives?

Should be 2-3 days after shipping, they usually ship 2 business days before release. With the free shipping should arrive by the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the standard edition on Amazon. Game releases 9th and the estimated delivery date was 12-13th but I should have it the week of release.
    If you use Parcel motel you can avail of first class delivery for free on amazon and get the game on release day or the day after. You would have to pay €3.95 to use parcel motel though

I've seen people talk about parcel motel but never used it. Presume it's a third party delivery courier. Must look into it but I think I'll be ok with Destiny (famous last words) as it releases on a Tuesday and I won't be able to play it until the weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

it releases on a Tuesday and I won't be able to play it until the weekend anyway.

Yeah i reckon i'd be ok to wait till Friday evening too

• Advertisement

I've seen people talk about parcel motel but never used it. Presume it's a third party delivery courier. Must look into it but I think I'll be ok with Destiny (famous last words) as it releases on a Tuesday and I won't be able to play it until the weekend anyway.

Yeah it's through nightline but its handy as it gives you an address in Northern Ireland which counts as the UK and it can be used to get free delivery on Amazon and other UK sites and they have collection points all over ireland

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah i reckon i'd be ok to wait till Friday evening too

Nah, you'll be itching to play it? :P

You could get the edition with all the DLC and passes for 99 on the PS Store, and possibly have it downloaded and ready to go for the stroke of 12! ;-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You'll have by Friday alright,amazon are fairly quick.

You'll have by Friday alright,amazon are fairly quick.

That's what people keep telling me. If it doesn't come by Friday I'm going to track y'all down and.......:mad:

I'm really looking forward to this now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's what people keep telling me. If it doesn't come by Friday I'm going to track y'all down and.......:mad:

:eek:

• Advertisement

If it doesn't come by Friday I'm going to track y'all down and.......;)

FYP..... with sexy results :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Does the boards clan stretch from the Beta into the main game?

Gandalph wrote: »

Yeah , I think they do as its tied to your bungie profile and not the game.

Gandalph wrote: »

Nah don't think so,

I set it up and it didn't carry over from Alpha to Beta, so I doubt it will when the full game comes

I'll set another one up when the game goes live... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Fieldog wrote: »
    Nah don't think so,

I set it up and it didn't carry over from Alpha to Beta, so I doubt it will when the full game comes

I'll set another one up when the game goes live... :)

Good stuff, I'll make you guys my new family after my original one ran off to live with water buffalo in the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Da ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Boss asked me to travel for work and I said 'No bother'.

Was only when I was walking home that I realised that I'll be away between the 8-12 of September. Guess my new PS4 and Destiny will have to wait a few days.

Aww man, really can't wait for Destiny now... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't wait for Destiny. Reading articles and watching videos is not helping the anticipation. Will have to get as much gameplay in before college starts back that following week.

May have to postpone seeing the missus for a while... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just wondering. Initially have a pre-order in Gamestop for this. Put down a deposit online for a fiver but Amazon have it for £46.13 (€57)

If I go for Amazon will Gamestop go ahead and charge me the full whack?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just wondering. Initially have a pre-order in Gamestop for this. Put down a deposit online for a fiver but Amazon have it for £46.13 (€57)

If I go for Amazon will Gamestop go ahead and charge me the full whack?

I know in store you can cancel pre-orders and get your money back. Maybe it's the same online, not certain but you can definitely cancel your order:

"I want to cancel my order or shipping address

Not a problem! Just email your contact details and a copy of your order confirmation email to hello@gamestop.ie"

Dumb/Smart question inbound.....

Does this mean that all the gameplay will be on the 6 solid "masses" in the Milky Way Galaxy?
    So Earth, Earths Moon (mountain), Mars (desert) and Venus (jungle) and eventually...... Mercury (lava) and Pluto (Ice)?
    And in this sense will it have fulfilled all of its traditional areas/scenes?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Upgrading to PS4 - gonna get Destiny Bundle from Smyths (console plus game €419). Thought it was good value.

Upgrading to PS4 - gonna get Destiny Bundle from Smyths (console plus game €419). Thought it was good value.

That is good value, you might have just saved me some serious €€€€
    €30 cheaper than Gamestop... might just convince me to forget about the limited/collectors edition

I notice on Smyths website that the product description for the Destiny bundle specifies 500GB?
    Aren't all PS4s this size? :confused:

Link for links sake:
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-9155/ps4-500gb-destiny-bundle/

Yup, 500 GB Standard. Been trying to contact Smyths to get my name on some sort of list … no luck yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That is good value, you might have just saved me some serious €€€€
    €30 cheaper than Gamestop... might just convince me to forget about the limited/collectors edition

I notice on Smyths website that the product description for the Destiny bundle specifies 500GB?
    Aren't all PS4s this size? :confused:

Link for links sake:
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-9155/ps4-500gb-destiny-bundle/

The one GameStop have for €450 is the white PS4 that isn't being sold seperately until October. I would rather get the black one myself and put the €30 price difference towards the expansion pass myself.

Yup, 500 GB Standard. Been trying to contact Smyths to get my name on some sort of list … no luck yet.

I wouldn't mind queuing at midnight if it means
    A) I save €30
    B) The console itself is Black, don't like the white ones, they won't match the Sky box/x-Box/PS3/Wii U/TV/Surround sound

• Advertisement

Definitely with you Cormac. I've got €60 credit with GameStop so will use all that towards either a 2nd controller or some fresh titles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement