Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

How are people getting Destiny?
    Going with ordering off PSN, but interested in other peoples ideas.

Digital download on XB1.

I am tired of midnight launches. I am too old for that **** :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Digital download on XB1.

I am tired of midnight launches. I am too old for that **** :D

How much is it on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How much is it on there?

Its not listed yet but the new releases are always $60/€43-44 on the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Build a PC and you'll get them even cheaper. I got Origins for €16 on release day and a copy of Watchdogs for €12 earlier this week. It's rare that I would preorder a game but if I do it's always with amazon or VGP where you can generally get two new games for only slightly more than one over here. Gamestop to me is a store for parents and those with no idea how the internet works, how else can you explain people paying way over the odds for titles and then trading in their game for a quarter what Gamestop resell it at.

I've been a heavy PC gamer since 2000, believe me, my rig get's love and upgrades every summer. unfortunately most of my gaming time is ABSORBED by PC games like BF4, WoW and league of legends, where a little pick up and play is nearly impossible :D

Agree with the assumption on gamestop customers, and probably also people who have no confidnce with online purchases, or simply put are happy to overspend for some guarantee of release day launch, which is fine.

In the end I'm not overly annoyed about it, like some people are. I get my games from a place that has never failed me and provides a good price and service, so typically I rarely foray outside of Amazon or Steam.

Penn wrote: »
    That can be part of it alright. I know that Tuesday morning, I can go to Gamestop and get the game. With Amazon, putting in an Irish address gives 11-13 Sept. delivery date. Putting in a Parcel Motel address gives 9th, but then you don't know if it'll be where you want to pick it up that same day. I've seen in plenty of threads when games are released where people are essentially waiting to see if their game will be delivered, and sometimes it's not. I'm pretty sure I've even seen some instances of the game not coming on the Friday and the following Monday being a Bank Holiday meaning they don't get the game until the following Tuesday.

There's just an element of convenience to it. That being said, I might try the Parcel Motel route for Madden or something and try it out. Want to start ordering games online.

Yeah that's fair enough like. I imagine that people who are savy in terms of online retailing, would shop in Gamestop for some assurance in terms of release date.

Although there has been plenty of nightmares down the years with people not getting a copy from pre-orders being overbooked :(

I actually have never used parcel motel for my amazon deliveries. I just go through the site directly and I get my stuff always on release day. I might just be lucky.

I've been looking into their Prime service aswell. That guarantees next day delivery on items to Ireland for Prime users. I'm a heavy Amazon user, so it looks like something that might benefit me, getting things sharpish. Plus the added benefit of their Kindle rental service and VOD streaming platform ( Darko would be chuffed for me paying for content :P )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Penn wrote: »
    Preordered standard edition from Gamestop. Won't bother with the midnight launch (or their stupid Level 3 loyalty "get in 90 minutes early for pizza and games"), will just go up the next morning.

No more midnight launches for me, by the time I get home I'm only fit for the scratcher.
    Physical copy from Amazon, won't matter if it doesn't arrive on the day as I won't be available to play until the 15th. Vanilla version for me.

Hmmmmm Day 1 access is essential. Deal breaker. Sad.
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Probably digital download on Xbox One :)

Digi is the kiddy, so sorry to hear about your choice of console though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dara1234

i prefer to own a game and even more now because they cost a lot.

just going to reorder a standard copy myself or maybe upgrade the console and get a bundle deal.

dara1234 wrote: »
    i prefer to own a game and even more now because they cost a lot.

Thats the flip side of it, if you are going to hand out €70 snots then having a physical copy is nice but I do like not having to get up and put in a disc into the console.

Lazy but i tend to gravitate towards games I know i downloaded to save me the hassle of getting off my hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Any word on when this is being released on PC?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

4Dlolz wrote: »

Next year apparently, which really annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

4Dlolz wrote: »

March 2015 supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I went for the US psn store download. Hopefully it will be pre loaded come release day. Not that bothered about owning physical game or not so it suits me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Won't be buying this until I see reviews, beta was fun, but seem small and bland, well at least Earth did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Won't be buying this until I see reviews, beta was fun, but seem small and bland, well at least Earth did.

ninja edit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm really looking forward to this, though I don't play online multiplayer at all, out side of Dark Souls 2 that is.
    I'm hoping there'll be enough there for a lone wolf such as me to play through, though I understand my team mates may be humans rather than bots.
    I'll probably wait a day or two to see what the thing is about, sorry I missed the Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ninja edit

rather not derail the thread
    report button works nicely :)

Thats the flip side of it, if you are going to hand out €70 snots then having a physical copy is nice but I do like not having to get up and put in a disc into the console.

Lazy but i tend to gravitate towards games I know i downloaded to save me the hassle of getting off my hole.

yeah im the same. how have they never brought out a disk changer.

id get it on pc but i would be worried it will just port from the consoles and won't be optimised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

id get it on pc but i would be worried it will just port from the consoles and won't be optimised.

I don't think it will hit PC til at least 6 months to a year after console release, that's if it even makes it to PC, its still not confirmed....

yeah your probably right. Ill just get in on console anyway.

not looking forward to the 7 person raid with no matchmaking. Dont think i have 7 friends that play games.

(will probably be coming on here to look for friends ha)

yeah your probably right. Ill just get in on console anyway.

not looking forward to the 7 person raid with no matchmaking. Dont think i have 7 friends that play games.

(will probably be coming on here to look for friends ha)

I'd say you will see plenty of resources for arranging groups on the likes of here and reddit.

• Advertisement

Went with the rather expensive digital version at €99.99, hassle free and no need to get off my hole.

The included timed DLC was a factor as I'm not that interested is pre-order bonuses like guns or emblems.

Couldn't find any pricing on the future DLC but hopefully I've gotten good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Went with the rather expensive digital version at €99.99, hassle free and no need to get off my hole.

The included timed DLC was a factor as I'm not that interested is pre-order bonuses like guns or emblems.

Couldn't find any pricing on the future DLC but hopefully I've gotten good value.

The season pass contains 2 expansions and costs €34.99 seperately so the digital guardian pack is good value vs the two seperately at full rrp, but not so if you got a good price on a physical copy eg Zavvi for €56 after 10% off code

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Does that include the season pass? Would want to for that price.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Does that include the season pass? Would want to for that price.

No mention of a season pass, but there is 2 DLC's included. If there is more than the 2 DLC's released within the year I'd be surprised and very very annoyed.

For that kinda change you would want to get getting quite a bit of content.

No mention of a season pass, but there's is 2 DLC's included. If there is more than the 2 DLC's released within the year I'd be surprised and very very annoyed.

For that kinda change you would want to get getting quite a bit of content.

It includes the season pass which gives you the Dark Below and House of Wolves expansions. The season pass costs €35 and each expansion seperately is €20.

These are exploration expansions which give you two new areas to explore and should be around the same size as the other maps in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It includes the season pass which gives you the Dark Below and House of Wolves expansions. The season pass costs €35 and each expansion seperately is €20.

These are exploration expansions which give you two new areas to explore and should be around the same size as the other maps in the game.

Do you have any links about this please?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Do you have any links about this please?

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Destiny_Preorders_and_Special_Editions
    The Digital Guardian Edition is a download-only special edition of Destiny, and includes:

a digital download of the game

early access to Vanguard armory and player emblem pre-order bonuses

a reservation for upcoming Destiny expansions "The Dark Below" and "House of Wolves" (each of which includes new Story missions, cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas, new weapons, armor, and gear)

Collector's Edition Digital Content

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Dark Below expansion releases in December and competitive multiplayer trailer

looks good had not seen that trailer before.

i missed the iron banner in the beta, wonder if the loot really is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm gonna get myself a PS4 (with TLOU) to play this, i've decided :)
    Looking the limited edition on Amazon.co.uk (€99), any idea how long i'd have to wait till it arrives?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement