Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Full hard raid done for the week.

Got no guns or armor, just shards/energy

• Registered Users Posts: 27,818 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Had a reasonably good game with emmetkennedy & The Bag, hampered somewhat by a few of using our underskilled and undergeared alts. Cheers lads

No worries man it was enjoyable !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »

Oh it was, when i said reasonably i meant from the point of view that it probably took a lot longer than it should have!! Me and wolve were running our alts for the first time through the raid, neglected to put on the fully upgraded weapons. Still, alls well that ends in gear.

Was good craic though, great banter and you guys are a lot of fun to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's ridiculous but having completed the Raid many times I'd never used the Relic. Got called into a normal Raid yesterday as one of the guys had to leave. Lvl 30 mate and me plus a bunch of guys doing it for the first time. Me and my friend carried them through popping up wherever needed.
    Got sent to Venus. Me a level 26 and 27. Saw them looking at each other thinking "where are we?" I'm thinking "We're in trouble!"
    Picked up Relic, pretty terrified. My mate back in the chamber calling out buttons.
    I've got it. Jump & R2. We're going blind how do I cleanse? L1!
    Walked the two lads through the oracle bit, put up shield at back.
    It
    Was
    Exhilarating
    Now I want the Relic all the time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Do you and bag wanna give it a go on hard later today?

I ran it 5 times yesterday, I think I am addicted to the hard raid! lol

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »

Your appearing offline though because we were going to invite you yesterday.

I think I'll leave the hard mode for today. Will just run the dailies and won't stay on for much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Don't think you can, the Tumbler is already a legendary sparrow. The sparrow telemetry upgrades a rare sparrow to a legendary.

Ah. My brain is after melting, I cant remember how I managed to upgrade one of my sparrows to 110. I did use Xurs telemetry along with something else. Just cant remember what, anyone know?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah. My brain is after melting, I cant remember how I managed to upgrade one of my sparrows to 110. I did use Xurs telemetry along with something else. Just cant remember what, anyone know?

You just need a rare sparrow and a telemetry. Equip the sparrow, go into your inventory and use the telemetry.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You just need a rare sparrow and a telemetry. Equip the sparrow, go into your inventory and use the telemetry.

Right, but that should bring my rare sparrow to a 100 legendary sparrow. Where did my 110 come from?

Edit: Ok I think I remember. The standard sparrow you start with has a top speed of 90. The sparrow you're awarded for collecting all 20 gold chests has a top speed of 100. It was this sparrow that I used the telemetry on, which bumped the top speed to 110. Mystery solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Right, but that should bring my rare sparrow to a 100 legendary sparrow. Where did my 110 come from?

Timebreaker from the raid is 110 speed.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Depends on the telemetry I guess, I have 3 legendary sparrows, one is 100 (dlc), one is 120 (raid) and the one from a telemetry is 110.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

:eek:

in one day?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Depends on the telemetry I guess, I have 3 legendary sparrows, one is 100 (dlc), one is 120 (raid) and the one from a telemetry is 110.

Mystery solved, see edited post. But now I need that 120!

Your appearing offline though because we were going to invite you yesterday.

I think I'll leave the hard mode for today. Will just run the dailies and won't stay on for much longer

Sorry! I set myself off line on saturday night as people keep joining my session all the time

Daily is very easy today, it literally takes less than 2 minutes from the moment it says respawn restricted to the moment you kill the wizard, I ran it on my 3 characters in less than 15 minutes.

It is the shortest daily by far...
    :eek:

in one day?

I was very bored yesterday, and I was looking for a challenge... 2 from the start 3 from the templar.

If you find a decent team it is quite painless, but if you don't... oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

^ You can set your session to "Invite Only" in the Rooster screen

Cormac... wrote: »

ummm

Will that stop them from joining through the XBOX menu?

Sounds like a good option, thanks

ummm

No idea tbh, just ask one of the guys you want to play with to try it 1st i guess, then you'll know

• Registered Users Posts: 45,051 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So, this time tomorrow I expect Cormac to have posted up some cheesing spots and tactics for the Dark Below.

Sorry I'm gonna miss the initial run throughs. Hopefully will get on tomorrow night.

I even think I am going to have to give Destiny a miss tonight and spend some quality time with the other half in prep of abandoning her tomorrow night, I think a few subtle mentions of the DLC will be needed tonight too.

Actually hoping I get some time to do the daily and bounties today - close to getting my second titan to level 30, might get it done with XP from those today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ummm

If I am doing a raid I set my profile to offline, that way no one joins by accident and the only way in is by invite.

Era, I'd say I'll be too busy to actually bother with the whole uploading of things to youtube, but yeah, I don't mind robbing others hard work and reposting :pac:
    I'll stream anything of interest and if people wanna check it out, ye can :D

I would be surprised if we have a full FT ready to rock at 9am what with work, family, college commitments etc.
    Plus I might be doing myself a disservice by not playing the Story stuff 1st, since there is so little story overall.

I'd be surprised if we didn't have at least 2 teams run the Raid in the evening though.
    Maybe 3 if we spread the level 29 players out with the 30s
    It's gonna be a long one, 1st time a lot of people will have done a raid without video walkthroughs :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »

Boy, I say boy, did you say Rooster screen?

FoghornLeghorn2.png

My group have a deal that all six of us are going into the Raid together. One of the guys isn't around tomorrow so it will be Wednesday when we get the first run at it. We've all agreed not to look at youtube or th'internet and go in blind. Can't flipping wait.

I will probably run the nightfall first, I am in no rush of running the raid although I wouldnt mind having a quick look at it just for the craic.

If it is anything as difficult as the VoG I'd say it will be a while before we get anywhere.

I keep thinking what it must have been like for those people who ventured into the Vault for the first time, and at the same time, I want to try to figure it out myself instead of waiting for someone else to do it for me...

Can't wait to be honest, can't wait to run the story either, I am off for 2 days (Wednesday and Thursday), I think there will be very little sleep those days!

Sorry! I set myself off line on saturday night as people keep joining my session all the time

Daily is very easy today, it literally takes less than 2 minutes from the moment it says respawn restricted to the moment you kill the wizard, I ran it on my 3 characters in less than 15 minutes.

It is the shortest daily by far...

I was very bored yesterday, and I was looking for a challenge... 2 from the start 3 from the templar.

If you find a decent team it is quite painless, but if you don't... oh well

Is it on the moon or earth ? Could do with Helium filaments to upgrade my second set of raid armour.
    Thinking of starting a third titan now because I have 2 raid helmets, 4 raid gloves, 2 chest pieces and 3 boots. Then one exotic of helmet chest and gloves.

I keep thinking what it must have been like for those people who ventured into the Vault for the first time, and at the same time, I want to try to figure it out myself instead of waiting for someone else to do it for me...

There was a lot of waiting for De7rag (i think) to load up youtube videos of where the 2 chests in Gorgons Maze were :pac:

I came in at the Oracles checkpoint (I think), The whole area felt a lot bigger.

Our biggest problem on the 1st run was figuring out you could not run through the gates cause of the glitch where you stay on Mars/Venus.

There was no "Bubbles" or "Templar Cheeses" or what not and everyone was using their 1st legendary/exotic weapons.
    I believe I was still rocking some Blue boots and a Shingen E

Good times :pac:

Is it on the moon or earth ? Could do with Helium filaments to upgrade my second set of raid armour.
    Thinking of starting a third titan now because I have 2 raid helmets, 4 raid gloves, 2 chest pieces and 3 boots. Then one exotic of helmet chest and gloves.

Spinmetal I am afraid!

Earth, is the one in Skywatch, the one your man says "there is a wizard, you have to kill him" and 10 seconds later he is dead

Sure why not! Another guardian, more chances of running raid, nightfalls, goodies, etc!

I am gonna have to start levelling up all my 3 different classes now again to 32. I have to say, I am enjoying playing as a hunter now, who would have said!

Spinmetal I am afraid!

Earth, is the one in Skywatch, the one your man says "there is a wizard, you have to kill him" and 10 seconds later he is dead

Sure why not! Another guardian, more chances of running raid, nightfalls, goodies, etc!

I am gonna have to start levelling up all my 3 different classes now again to 32. I have to say, I am enjoying playing as a hunter now, who would have said!

Ha you traitor :) so are we getting the usual 6 together and all start the new raid as a group tomorrow evening ? Nobody goes in before the rest ?

I have to say, I am enjoying playing as a hunter now, who would have said!

I started levelling a Hunter Gunslinger, got to level 19 (will hit 23 by tonight) just to have an alt to farm coins etc and do low level activities. They are actually quite fun, sickened that I didn't lock in with the Bladedancer from the get go though, just for PvP if nothing else :pac:

• Advertisement

I have one of each character. While I understand why people have 2 or 3 of the same class I really enjoy playing with the different classes. Nothing quite like remembering you don't have a triple jump on the Titan when you're halfway across that gap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement